Let me invest £2,500 interest free for a 15 year period.

In return I would like the following:

1. Reserved Parking 

2 Main Stand Seat in Directors area.

3 Same pre and post match goodies.

4 My Entry ticket for all home games. 

5 A ability to bring a friend with appropriate payment being made.

Edited by St.Ricky

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

1. Reserved Parking 

1. Reserved Parking 

At least your not asking for much... how about being chauffeur driven to and from all home games within the 15 year period?

You have misused the term "invest".

If you wish to invest your £2500 then may I suggest sticking it in an invesment fund, preferably in an isa.  You can reasonably expect a return on your invesment between 5% and 11% each year leaving you with a tidy sum in 15 years.  I like the CF Woodford accumulation trust.  The reason for the isa is of course to ensure that your invesment is not subject to capital gains tax.   Remember and leave details of your invesment with your next of kin in case you depart this earth as 15 years is a long time.

What you should have said is "let me spend £2500 on a 15 year season ticket thingmie bob that is designed especially for me".  As you will not see any form of return on your (presumably) hard earned cash then this is not an invesment but a purchase.  

You are of course very welcome and I wish you luck with your investing.  That spare £2500 will grow nicely over the 15 years.  If you were to add another £500 to your invesment then you would meet the minimum criteria for many a VCT (venture capital trust).  This is a higher risk typre of investment but one that could prove very lucrative, very lucrative indeed.  Read up on them they are interesting, interesting indeed.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

1. Reserved Parking 

What do you mean by "interest free"?

Are you expecting that money to be returned to you? That would be a loan.

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

1. Reserved Parking 

You don't have post some shit threads but this is the best. :lol:

Proof, if proof were needed, you are a total Walter Mitty/lunatic who enjoys making stuff up. :1eye

You must have plenty of time on your hands to be bothered with this level of nonsense. :byebye

59 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Proof, if proof were needed, you are a total Walter Mitty/lunatic who enjoys making stuff up. :1eye

You must have plenty of time on your hands to be bothered with this level of nonsense. :byebye

Thank you for this. Forget the Walter Mitty tag. Off the wall. ..yes. what I am putting forward may look unusual or unworkable at first sight. I appreciate that.

What I am is someone who sees that the club has plans to improve revenue but need to raise capital in order to put themselves in that position more quickly. They need money to make money. Not unusual for a business.

In "normal" times my proposal might not be attractive to the club but these are not normal times. I believe that there will be a number of Fans who would be able to set aside the sum for a 10 or 15 year period. These would perhaps be a different class of shares perhaps preference shares. Benefits could accrue to the owner, not the person,  making these transferable. Being interest free means that the club has no direct cost for the money raised. This would give the club capital without diluting the voting shares further. This would be a problem under the present Smisma and GS agreement. The approach that I suggest would overcome that. 

I appreciate the tongue  in cheek investment advice and if you like this shows what someone would be foregoing by "investing in the club" rather than in the stock market. Bank returns are so low as to be negligible.

Businesses and even now Social Enterprises can and do raise money in this way. Murray field sold debentures. The difference was/is that they were selling only the right to buy tickets for a particular seat. The reason being that they know the place sells out and could sell more had space been available. 

Sadly perhaps for our club we are operating below 50% capacity.  

Rather than find fault, why not bring forward ideas of your own. By what you write it should be easy to come up with better ideas. 

When I am at it. I may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb. An opportunity may exist for the club to become a Social Enterprise Community Interest Company or even a Charity. This would then mean that donations could be tax deductible if made by a business or that the club could claim tax from HMRC at the givers normal tax rate.

In other words.

Preference Shares or Debentures are potential routes to long term capital raising. Nothing unusual in that.

As a community club which does not pay dividends to shareholders then it might be able to make use of perfectly legal routes to raise cash from donations which can also benefit the giver. 

To finish. 

Most who have replied seem to hold the opinion that I am asking too much for essentially leaving that cash with the club/business.

That's how negotiations start isn't it with two sides having different figures in mind?

Edited by St.Ricky

6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

1. Reserved Parking 

For your investment would allow a friend along for free say 6 matches a year. Free parking and your name on a seat. that would be the bottom line. You still need to pay toget in or purchase a season ticket. If the club could get 1;000 other fans to join how good would that be. However the investment would need to be written off there would be no way the club could pay back 1,000 fans. Dont see it happening mate , none the less fire away you may have something to be worked on. 

26 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

For your investment would allow a friend along for free say 6 matches a year. Free parking and your name on a seat. that would be the bottom line. You still need to pay toget in or purchase a season ticket. If the club could get 1;000 other fans to join how good would that be. However the investment would need to be written off there would be no way the club could pay back 1,000 fans. Dont see it happening mate , none the less fire away you may have something to be worked on. 

I think you're missing Stricky's point here.

Read into his post, or any other thread starting post of his for that matter, and you find they all come down to just one thing. His determination to post and thread build.

A cheap copy of Shull. And Gawd does that mean cheap!

Think you need to get some people to proof read your original posts before you post them, Every time people respond to your ideas you then respond with a total different response because the original post doesn't contain the information that you respond with. Starting to think that it is just a ploy with you to get as much responses as possible

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Who are we talking about here ? Dicko or Ricko ......or, are they one and the same !?! <_<

These benefits are already available to buy. It's called the St.Mirren Executive Club and it's £1K per season per person (+vat)

Details;

http://www.stmirren.com/commercial/matchday-events/st-mirren-executive-club

Only thing missing is the ability to bring a pal, but if your budget was £2.5K per season then buy two, you'll save yourself £500 and you'll get two St.Mirren ties that weren't on your wishlist.

Problem solved!

23 minutes ago, div said:

These benefits are already available to buy. It's called the St.Mirren Executive Club and it's £1K per season per person (+vat)

Details;

Only thing missing is the ability to bring a pal, but if your budget was £2.5K per season then buy two, you'll save yourself £500 and you'll get two St.Mirren ties that weren't on your wishlist.

Problem solved!

One can only imagine how much more tortourous this season would have been to me if I had spent £1000 plus VAT to watch my beloved team.  

Some folk have too much money

21 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

One can only imagine how much more tortourous this season would have been to me if I had spent £1000 plus VAT to watch my beloved team.  

Some folk have too much money

And some folk seem rather keen to tell us they have too much money.

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That is the point Isle of Bute.

I am talking about creating long term funding plans which do not disturb the deal for fan ownership. 

1 minute ago, Stu said:

And some folk seem rather keen to tell us they have too much money.

Not me Stu. 

I feel equally keen that fans who can't afford to make the payments under the buy out scheme have innovative ways of becoming involved.

We should not be separated by our financial ability to support the club.

Those with deeper pockets can contribute differently.

5 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I think you're missing Stricky's point here.

Read into his post, or any other thread starting post of his for that matter, and you find they all come down to just one thing. His determination to post and thread build.

Not so...but feel free to believe that

5 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I think you're missing a point here Stricky.

Correct, it should have been £25,000. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, div said:

Details;

Problem solved!

It's not the same thing Div.

This us up front capital. 

Key to fast growth businesses. 

Not every day stuff, I know.

Also misses the other points raised about donations etc which depend on the club or perhaps organisations such as Smisa being Social Enterprises. 

Disagree by all means.

I would also like to see the number of opportunities to be 100. By my reckoning 100 x £2500 is a fair amount of working capital for the club to have. 

The board could then budget for both capital and revenue costs on a more solid basis. 

No need to shoot me because the idea is different. I would still wish the board to be composed in the same way as present giving Smisa members their say in the use to which the capital is put.

In fact, I would introduce another lower financial opportunity for still more fans to participate perhaps on a more flexible basis.

Edited by St.Ricky