Jack Ross Must Go.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

While I tend to agree we are currently heading towards oblivion and people are defending our current manager with a level I've never seen.:blink:

Just a quick question, have you been to any games this year to judge how we played under Rae and how we're playing now?

5 minutes ago, Kendo said:

Just a quick question, have you been to any games this year to judge how we played under Rae and how we're playing now?

Just a quick answer, naw. :blink:

Just a quick question, why are people so accepting of a manger who looks like leading us into oblivion from a league that is shit? :booty

Has IOBS hacked your account? :lol:

PS Let's have enough of this "Oh, we're playing better"..................better than who?

Edited by faraway saint

As many good supporters have said already..we HAVE entered "must win Territory"

SADLY

it doesnt matter who or how good your manager is...if the players arent up for it then the manager who ever it may be ,,,is powerless

yes you may think its the managers job to motivate...but if the players dont want to respond then its all for naught

although...( and this is a big bug bare of mine)..i have never met or played with a player who doesnt want to win a game of football when they take the park,its just that some have a bigger "will " than others

sometimes its the hard working journeymen who are the stars of the show and not the flair players ( who are subject to "huffs" if things dont go their way)

In the second half on Sunday (despite the level of opposition) i saw a togetherness...Stephan McGinn was a big part of that in my view...he kinda oozed class and it rubbed off in the rest of the team but as ive said in another thread...we have to do that from the first whistle...not the second half

The boys should be buzzing right now..totally up for it...i hope we get a wee bit of luck on Saturday..you need a wee bit of luck to go with your hard work

Good luck Guys !! 

Again , to quote wiki , ( I know it's not always the most accurate) oh look ..... it's 31% 
which is ....... double  , not similar at all :huh:

Comparing win stats when you have challenge cup games to bump up one win percentage and not another is pointless. Of course the relevant stat is league wins.

JR = 2/15. TC = 2/16 then sacked.

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just a quick answer, naw. :blink:

Just a quick question, why are people so accepting of a manger who looks like leading us into oblivion from a league that is shit? :booty

Has IOBS hacked your account? :lol:

We've based our opinions on what we're watching. Ross could well work out to be a disaster however he's gutted the place and put his own players in place. 

Once I see how his team performs then I'll decide on how good or bad he is. However at least we now have a midfield with a good few options. Prior to January we had very few options in midfield and were forced to play unfit Quinn week in week out for max 60 minutes.

I'm surprised that TC doesn't like Ross after him bringing in players to oust Langfield, Shankland and Irvine. It would appear that Ross agrees with him that they needed replacing. 

We need to see if the changes work out.

Edited by Kendo

3 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Comparing win stats when you have challenge cup games to bump up one win percentage and not another is pointless. Of course the relevant stat is league wins.

JR = 2/15. TC = 2/16 then sacked.

The difference being TC signed the team. 

The difference being TC signed the team. 

Not exactly.

In TC's final game (0-1 loss to St Johnstone) he had signed 4 of the starting 11. In JR's last league game (when we threw away the lead twice to draw with Dumbarton) he had signed 6 of the starting 11.

Every manager will have to deal with the previous managers signings.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Not exactly.

In TC's final game (0-1 loss to St Johnstone) he had signed 4 of the starting 11. In JR's last league game (when we threw away the lead twice to draw with Dumbarton) he had signed 6 of the starting 11.

yeah...keep that in mind

Also , TC was a clueless auld duffer despite 20 years in management roles . 

This is the difference.

TC was a cantankerous old so and so who didn't come across well in interviews or in fan engagements.

JR is smooth, media trained and suave. He says the right thing and comes across well. He's the consummate salesman.

This is why despite their records being virtually the same, they are viewed very differently.

It's not what you are or what you do that matters, it's how you are perceived.

You can polish a turd after all.

Just now, TopCat said:

Not exactly.

TC was the coach for two years prior to being promoted to manager with a huge input on the players that were signed during that time. In fact his contacts at Newcastle were seen as a strength in us getting players under his previous experience there.

He had a whole summer and pre season with his team. Contrast that with JR. 

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

This is the difference.

TC was a cantankerous old so and so who didn't come across well in interviews or in fan engagements.

JR is smooth, media trained and suave. He says the right thing and comes across well. He's the consummate salesman.

This is why despite their records being virtually the same, they are viewed very differently.

It's not what you are or what you do that matters, it's how you are perceived.

You can polish a turd after all.

He has rid the team of your hate target players. 

TC was the coach for two years prior to being promoted to manager with a huge input on the players that were signed during that time. In fact his contacts at Newcastle were seen as a strength in us getting players under his previous experience there.
He had a whole summer and pre season with his team. Contrast that with JR. 

How do you know how much input he had?

Maybe you're right and he had a huge say. Maybe he had no say at all. The only people who know how big a say he had are him and DL.

If he was responsible for bringing Dummet and Newton to the club we all owe him a huge thank you!