Jack Ross Must Go.

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

That's just plain disrespectful- a team that won away, easily at Livi

Yeah sacking managers has really worked hasn't it...............

He has his own team, we have lost 3 of the last 12 games

The club has been rotten to core, and we are now seeing better players, better youth..................

Do or Die for Championship Sat, a huge test I agree, however Jack deserves our support, and s does the club................

Time for true supporters

Aye, all well and good but it seems with some, Soctty especially, that if you criticise the manager you are far from a supporter, never mind a "true supporter", whatever the feck that is.

Just now, faraway saint said:

Aye, all well and good but it seems with some, Soctty especially, that if you criticise the manager you are far from a supporter, never mind a "true supporter", whatever the feck that is.

FAS- You can criticize the manager if you want, I have god knows................ been little to shout about the last 3 years, the team just won 4-1, so some then say we beat a diddy outfit

That's just neg pish, and we have had enough of that when we haven't performed......

We are were we are------

15 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

You don't need to be a genius to know that if you get the ball up the pitch then you have more chance of scoring and less chance of conceding.

And despite it being so simple, even simpletons like you can't work it out! :1eye

Yes , because that tactic has worked so well for us in the past  hasn`t it ?    

Q. How many of yesterdays goals came from Lumping it up the park ?  or last weeks game for that matter .... or vs Dundee ? Lets face it , we are as prolific when lumping it up the park as we were from Lawrence shanklands spectacular long throws !!

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You'll no doubt be able to find me one example of me saying anything remotely like this? Or are you just looking for attention again?

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

On the contrary, if you tell the players (players you signed) to make 5 foot passes then that is indeed your own tactical fault.

Unless you are in the attacking third of the pitch, there is no point making 5 foot passes.

Just get the f'cking ball up the f'cking pitch!

The tactical genius - are you Dave Bassett??

41 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You'll no doubt be able to find me one example of me saying anything remotely like this? Or are you just looking for attention again?

The same example as you couldn't produce for TC? :hammer

Run along, you must be tired defending JR in 90% of your posts. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

The same example as you couldn't produce for TC? :hammer
Run along, you must be tired defending JR in 90% of your posts. [emoji38]

No, an example of me questioning someone's support, or using the phrase "true supporter".

Life must be difficult when you have difficulty comprehending simple English...

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

While yesterdays result is very welcome it was against a team who everyone thought were absolutely shite, except for Oaky who thought they were decent. :hammer

We can only play who's in front of us and, in the end, we done this comfortably.

It's not all of a sudden turned us into a great team but it's also good for morale, something mentioned throughout the season.

If we'd lost it wouldn't have changed things much for me as the main focus is this weekends game.

We need to get off to a flyer, something we really haven't done all season.

If we go behind to Ayr I fear the worst as they are scrapping for every point and getting a few into the bargain.

TNS were indeed shite, but in the first half, we were their equal in that respect. What matters is that we were able to step it up in the 2nd. If we play as we did after the break yesterday when we go to Ayr, I expect us to win. I think most of the teams in the Championship would have found that difficult to deal with (certainly those in the bottom half).

Its not great, but 90 minutes of that drive and commitment might well be enough.

On 19/02/2017 at 0:08 AM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Ayr have not won a league game since 22nd October - 17 weeks ago. In all that time we have made up a grand total of 2 points on them. The reason why Jack Ross should be under some pressure if things stay the way they are now is that since he has been in change almost the entire league has pulled away from us: the gap between us and Morton went from 8 points to 27; the gap between us and Dumbarton went from 2 points to 12; the gap between us and Dunfermline went from 3 points to 12 ; the gap between us and Queen of the South went from 14 points to 17; even Raith Rovers had a gap of 13 points on us and after their disastrous run they still sit 12 points ahead of us - all of which suggests to me that under Jack Ross we have been on our own disastrous run(s).   

While the above makes for horrendous reading from my viewpoint JR only started last month and not in October. In October he had inherited from Rae one of the worst squads I have ever seen assembled and in recent years that really says something. Fergie would struggle to make a decent team with Langfield, Hutton, the two Gallaghers, Clarkson, Walsh, perma-crocks Webster and Quinn, Hardie and Shankland. We had not one left-sided defender in the first team squad.The two young boys from the U20 were better than any of the above.

We now have a new goalie and 3 out the new back four and McGinn and Smith are all now automatic choices and better than anything previously. And Storie, Todd and Fjelde looking better than most of the ones who have gone. (Loy has still to impress.) Rae got us into this mess. If JR had had his new signings in October I am sure we would be in a far better position than we currently are.

In my opinion we need to start with Lewis Morgan on Saturday. That's two weeks running he has made an impact from the bench with us changing to a more direct attacking formation and get him running down the wing. Maybe its a case of starting like this and changing to a more defensive style with Storie coming off the bench in the later stages of the game if we are in a comfortable lead. 

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

While the above makes for horrendous reading from my viewpoint JR only started last month and not in October. In October he had inherited from Rae one of the worst squads I have ever seen assembled and in recent years that really says something. Fergie would struggle to make a decent team with Langfield, Hutton, the two Gallaghers, Clarkson, Walsh, perma-crocks Webster and Quinn, Hardie and Shankland. We had not one left-sided defender in the first team squad.The two young boys from the U20 were better than any of the above.

We now have a new goalie and 3 out the new back four and McGinn and Smith are all now automatic choices and better than anything previously. And Storie, Todd and Fjelde looking better than most of the ones who have gone. (Loy has still to impress.) Rae got us into this mess. If JR had had his new signings in October I am sure we would be in a far better position than we currently are.

Ross said he could climb the league with the squad he knew he had when he voluntarily signed a contract to manage our club. To continually suggest that it isnt "jack's team" or that now its jack's team they need "time to gel" is disrespectful to the support paying his and the squads wages.

if as suggested he could never have gotten the team he started with to climb the league, then that proves he was the wrong choice and should never have been offered the job. If he cant do it, move on a let someone who can.

If we get relegated the minimum requirement is that we need to get some real promise between now and the end of the season.

Not any of the "ah, but we're playing well", real "points on the board" promise.

Even then a long hard look at what JR has brought to the party.

Again, not many, have said he should go but you would not be doing St Mirren a service if, as a director, you did not see that a mistake could have been made.

Anyone who doesn't see this really should get into the real world.

Relegation WILL be a disaster for us.

An immediate return has to be the minimum, if not, then we will probably be stuck in the lower leagues for many years.

Ross said he could climb the league with the squad he knew he had when he voluntarily signed a contract to manage our club. To continually suggest that it isnt "jack's team" or that now its jack's team they need "time to gel" is disrespectful to the support paying his and the squads wages.
if as suggested he could never have gotten the team he started with to climb the league, then that proves he was the wrong choice and should never have been offered the job. If he cant do it, move on a let someone who can.

Again, for the hard of thinking, he was hardly going to come in and say "These guys are all shite, we've no chance of doing anything until we ship most of them out in January, 3 months from now."...

To say that a squad with ten new players in it needs time to gel is obviously too much for some to get there head around, obviously.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Who do you suggest could have done any better with the squad that Jack inherited?