Jack Ross Must Go.

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

If that's true it just confirms for me that the sacking was premature and if we are relegated it will be largely GS's fault.

Still no February update from SMiSA!

I respectfully disagree.  Can't believe the amount of love for Rae, it's like the Gus v Danny debate again except that those supporting Gus were backing a guy with a very good record to defend.

12 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm not defending Rae, I'm attacking Scott.

Scott inherited Rae and there was obviously no click between the two.  Perhaps he was hasty in getting rid but there was a lot of disquiet among the support about the football under Rae and he made it easy for Scott to wield the axe.

1 minute ago, scottd said:

Scott inherited Rae and there was obviously no click between the two.  Perhaps he was hasty in getting rid but there was a lot of disquiet among the support about the football under Rae and he made it easy for Scott to wield the axe.

...........and Scott should accept the blame for the Billy Davies circus that followed Rae's sacking and if we are relegated for choosing the wrong guy as a replacement.

23 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

...........and Scott should accept the blame for the Billy Davies circus that followed Rae's sacking and if we are relegated for choosing the wrong guy as a replacement.

Jack Ross has had 20 games as manager bit early to tag him as the 'wrong guy', although that does seem to be the way of the modern fan.

Jack Ross has had 20 games as manager bit early to tag him as the 'wrong guy', although that does seem to be the way of the modern fan.

JR has had 15 league games as St Mirren manager. Tommy Craig had 16 when he got sacked.

Was it too early to tag TC as the wrong man?

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

JR has had 15 league games as St Mirren manager. Tommy Craig had 16 when he got sacked.

Was it too early to tag TC as the wrong man?

For the love of god , now you're trying to compare Ross with Tommy Craig ?!?!  You really must hate JR , did he run over your f**kin cat? 

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

What does it matter, football fans are a fickle bunch. You just need to look at McLeish winning more trophies for the deid club than O'Neill won for one of this season's losing Scottish Cup quarter finalists - McLeish was hated by his fans, O'Neill was loved by his.

It doesn't have to make sense - just like my posts and your posts.

Sorry. :blink:

For the love of god , now you're trying to compare Ross with Tommy Craig ?!?!  You really must hate JR , did he run over your f**kin cat? 

Why aren't they comparable?

TC got two league wins, JR has two league wins. Their records are remarkably similar.

The main difference being TC got his wins at a higher level and wasn't up against part time teams, of course.

What does it matter, football fans are a fickle bunch. You just need to look at McLeish winning more trophies for the deid club than O'Neill won for one of this season's losing Scottish Cup quarter finalists - McLeish was hated by his fans, O'Neill was loved by his.

It doesn't have to make sense - just like my posts and your posts.

Agree with this.

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Why aren't they comparable?

TC got two league wins, JR has two league wins. Their records are remarkably similar.

The main difference being TC got his wins at a higher level and wasn't up against part time teams, of course.

I think this is a fair comparison.

It'll upset a few right enough. :lol:

1 hour ago, scottd said:

I said if we're relegated but I'll clarify my position which has been the same since P3 of this thread - if we're relegated in 10th position I'd sack Jack Ross although I might be persuaded to cut him some slack if we win the Challenge Cup depending on how close to 9th we got.

Or a win against Celtic - if he can beat them at Parkhead I'd be prepared to give him a crack at Division 1.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

At a higher level but with a better standard of player at his disposal, a preseason, a better knowledge of the players already there when he took charge (due to already being at the club) and other stuff that I can't think of just now.

Not exactly comparable then.

Take your own advice, shut the feck up. :lol:

I said if we're relegated but I'll clarify my position which has been the same since P3 of this thread - if we're relegated in 10th position I'd sack Jack Ross. I might be persuaded to cut him some slack if we win the Challenge Cup depending on how close to 9th we got.

If I can be bothered I will dig the thread out. But I'm sure me and many others said before the appointment was made that the remit for the new manager - whoever was chosen - was simple.

Keep us up and get next season. Get relegated and go.

It was - and remains - a perfectly reasonable expectation for any manager who was appointed early October.

At a higher level but with a better standard of player at his disposal, a preseason, a better knowledge of the players already there when he took charge (due to already being at the club ) and other stuff that I can't think of just now.

Not exactly comparable then.

Better standard of player?

I would dispute that off the bat. We had Ross Caldwell, Callum Ball and James Marwood as our forwards under Tommy Craig. Would any of them get a game for us now?

I don't want this to come across as I'm defending TC incidentally. His sacking was absolutely the correct decision. His record was horrendous and he had to go. That was the case for him then, and it's the case for JR now.

39 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

No it's not. There are two results on one of the lines, so six games from seventeen (should it be 17?). That's about 35%.

It doesn't change the fact that not one of them was a must win, though. It is still in our own hands, so they couldn't have been. Saturday most definitely is, if we want it to remain in our own hands.

Let's face it, all we have to do is win all our games between now and the end of the season and we will stay up, win two cups and be heading for Europe. Easy peasy. :)

Exactly! It is hardly f**ken rocket science , is it. . 

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

If I can be bothered I will dig the thread out. But I'm sure me and many others said before the appointment was made that the remit for the new manager - whoever was chosen - was simple.

Keep us up and get next season. Get relegated and go.

It was - and remains - a perfectly reasonable expectation for any manager who was appointed early October.

You make the remit for the manager. :lol:

5 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I cannot believe what i'm reading

Tommy Craig in his brief time as manager ruined this Fitba Club

To use him as a point scoring staggers belief

While I tend to agree we are currently heading towards oblivion and people are defending our current manager with a level I've never seen.:blink: