Scotland Football Club

shull

Fraser, who's done pretty well, is terribly right footed, which worked out well for our third goal.

Overall a decent set of games.

Winning 3 and losing 1.

One good, not great, save, from McGregor, late on saves us from, IMO, embarrassment. 

While I don't live in the past like some, it's still disappointing that we're in this level of football.

I think we perform better against better teams, as was shown in some of the games that Strachan, much maligned, was in charge. 

23 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Ended up a bit of a panic there at the end , McGregor , Christie , Fraser and Fletcher were decent , Forrest is showing what an important player he can be for Scotland. Defensively we are shocking , this was only Israel we were playing here and they at times looked much better than us.

I don't think Israel are as diddies as everyone seems to think they are. I was impressed with them in elements tonight. They aren't a terrible team. We are better than them and should be beating them but they aren't that bad.

9 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

Ended up a bit of a panic there at the end , McGregor , Christie , Fraser and Fletcher were decent , Forrest is showing what an important player he can be for Scotland. Defensively we are shocking , this was only Israel we were playing here and they at times looked much better than us.

Armstrong was the catalyst in turning the game around as they were the better team for the first 20 minutes.

I agree we need a strong defender or two. 

Great to see us top the group. In a group full of home wins any point away was vital, and thankfully we got that in Albania (relegating them as a result).

Well done to the team. Maybe stick with these guys in future as they actually wanted to be there unlike most of the drop outs.

3 wins from 4 in competitive games for McLeish, still won't be enough to cheer up his haters though!

45 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Great to see us top the group. In a group full of home wins any point away was vital, and thankfully we got that in Albania (relegating them as a result).

Well done to the team. Maybe stick with these guys in future as they actually wanted to be there unlike most of the drop outs.

3 wins from 4 in competitive games for McLeish, still won't be enough to cheer up his haters though!

McLeish didn't want to be there, either, when he abandoned Scotland to take a bribe to work souf...

Ca' canny....

Like all Buddies, I think some Scots are getting way ahead of themselves.  However nice to see the passion and watch those goals go in, these were not wins against the world's giants.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

McLeish didn't want to be there, either, when he abandoned Scotland to take a bribe to work souf...

Ca' canny....

Like all Buddies, I think some Scots are getting way ahead of themselves.  However nice to see the passion and watch those goals go in, these were not wins against the world's giants.

You really are an utterly miserable bastard :lol:

Every silver lining comes with a cloud eh?

What an attitude to live with. :lol:

"However nice to see the passion and watch those goals go in..."

You can't read, then?

Attacking - Scotland have been doing well.

I was comparing Buddies attitudes to even the luckiest win and their forecasts for Saints following match to how some Buddies now seem to be doing similar with Scotland 'qualifying' from that naff group in this stupid tournament.

It's a football opinion - not an attitude.

Luckily I don't have to live with your 'brain'.

49 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I love the way some folk are saying, it was only Israel or it was only Albania.

They were in our group for a reason you know. It wasn’t a random draw! 

Precisely this. Some have already forgotten Albania qualified for a tournament as recent as 2016. Can't get my head around the "it's only Israel or Albania", how do you think they would have viewed Scotland? Both of them would have been very disappointed not to win this group.

3 hours ago, antrin said:

"However nice to see the passion and watch those goals go in..."

You can't read, then?

Attacking - Scotland have been doing well.

I was comparing Buddies attitudes to even the luckiest win and their forecasts for Saints following match to how some Buddies now seem to be doing similar with Scotland 'qualifying' from that naff group in this stupid tournament.

I think you probably don't understand the phrase "every silver lining has a cloud" :lol:

Never mind bluto.

Guest TPAFKATS
£80.00  a day in 1972.
Slave labour...
However, I didn't abandon the the Scottish job that I do now, unlike McLeish. And no one felt I'd cheated them, bought and sold for a parcel of gold.  
Bought and sold for a parcel o gold - have you seen the light on independence?
You'll be joining the SNP next.

9 hours ago, antrin said:

£80.00  a day in 1972.

Slave labour...

However, I didn't abandon the the Scottish job that I do now, unlike McLeish. And no one felt I'd cheated them, bought and sold for a parcel of gold.  

Average WEEKLY wage in 1970 was £32, you, were on £400 2 years later. :lol:

Dear oh dear.  :byebye

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Average WEEKLY wage in 1970 was £32, you, were on £400 2 years later. :lol:

Dear oh dear.  :byebye

Well done you! :clapping

why else do you think I posted that, ya walloper?

i detect envy.   Quite right, too.:double

i was a computer consultant in an oil company in the days when we were like hen's teeth.  I was able to chuck that in, in 1973 and spend a year as an outward bound instructor based at Moray, for £20.00 a week, working 24/7 and often, happily, living in a tent.

and returned to London, to the same company on an even bigger wage,  in 1974.

WARNING: parcels of gold can go up as well as down.

(now, when I work - mostly in Scotland  - it's £160 pd :  this labourer is worthy of his hire!)

:double

ps I littered this post with emoticons just so that you could understand it.

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

Well done you! :clapping

why else do you think I posted that, ya walloper?

i detect envy.   Quite right, too.:double

i was a computer consultant in an oil company in the days when we were like hen's teeth.  I was able to chuck that in, in 1973 and spend a year as an outward bound instructor based at Moray, for £20.00 a week, working 24/7 and often, happily, living in a tent.

and returned to London, to the same company on an even bigger wage,  in 1974.

WARNING: parcels of gold can go up as well as down.

(now, when I work - mostly in Scotland  - it's £160 pd :  this labourer is worthy of his hire!)

:double

ps I littered this post with emoticons just so that you could understand it.

You posted this some 20 minutes ago..............

I'm off.

you'll be pleased to know.

:lol:

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
[emoji38]
i doubt that.
like Burns, I'm an internationalist, I hate divisions between people.  

What would Rabbie do? [emoji4]

Rabbie would try to get his leg over both Nicola and Theresa... probably.