Jump to content

The 3 Monthly Spend


Kombibuddie

Recommended Posts

Any other amateur team wanting to do this sort of thing would be Bag Packing in Tesco or running race nights etc , as far as I’m concerned , they are no different. 
Until they have the means to support themselves via league placement money / sponsorship / ticket sales or some other means - you pay your own way . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Is it now no longer a three monthly spend? I notice there's another proposal looking for support today which is the third one in what seems like a month or so.

Not complaining if it has changed, just curious as to when it happened. The info may well be on this thread but I've missed it because I've blocked SMISA's equivalent of Nadine Dorries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

Latest spend vote. Seems to be the same as the trip voted on last year for the women's team, bar the price.

As part of the 10% members pot you get the chance to vote for various projects presented to the SMiSA board. On this occasion we are asking you to vote to donate £4,500 to help the St Mirren women's the with the cost of flights for a pre season tour of Germany. The poll will remain open until 11pm on Tuesday 7th February and the result announced shortly afterwards.

Use the link below to register your vote:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Latest spend vote. Seems to be the same as the trip voted on last year for the women's team, bar the price.

As part of the 10% members pot you get the chance to vote for various projects presented to the SMiSA board. On this occasion we are asking you to vote to donate £4,500 to help the St Mirren women's the with the cost of flights for a pre season tour of Germany. The poll will remain open until 11pm on Tuesday 7th February and the result announced shortly afterwards.

Use the link below to register your vote:

I think I shall rejoin just to vote for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I said last year when they requested similar - it’s a massive NO from me.  
Get your arses down to Tesco and do some backpacking , have a bucket collection at games and those who want to support this can do so - not just SMISA members or approach local businesses etc for sponsorship .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

As I said last year when they requested similar - it’s a massive NO from me.  
Get your arses down to Tesco and do some backpacking , have a bucket collection at games and those who want to support this can do so - not just SMISA members or approach local businesses etc for sponsorship .

 

Did it go through last year? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2022 at 1:56 PM, Stu said:

Is it now no longer a three monthly spend?

A piece in the daily record popped up on my facebook that suggests, John Needham has ideas for SMISA' money.

"St Mirren chairman John Needham is urging SMiSA members to stick with the club and continue to shape change from within.

And the Buddies boss is calling on the majority shareholder supporters’ association to adapt and look at new ways of backing the Saints financially as the club continues to battle on after a £1.6 million hit."

Any ideas on what his vision of

"New ways of backing Saints financially" are?

Edited by Kombibuddie
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/28/2023 at 7:14 AM, Kombibuddie said:

A piece in the daily record popped up on my facebook that suggests, John Needham has ideas for SMISA' money.

"St Mirren chairman John Needham is urging SMiSA members to stick with the club and continue to shape change from within.

And the Buddies boss is calling on the majority shareholder supporters’ association to adapt and look at new ways of backing the Saints financially as the club continues to battle on after a £1.6 million hit."

Any ideas on what his vision of

"New ways of backing Saints financially" are?

Now we have bought the club, I'd support giving every penny of the £12/£25 directly to the club to spend on developing the club on points such as youth development, stadium improvements and growing the fanbase. And if needed (under exceptional circumstances), paying down losses/ staff wages. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Now we have bought the club, I'd support giving every penny of the £12/£25 directly to the club to spend on developing the club on points such as youth development, stadium improvements and growing the fanbase. And if needed (under exceptional circumstances), paying down losses/ staff wages. 


What about all those that pay £5, does that money not matter?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2023 at 4:36 PM, bazil85 said:

Now we have bought the club, I'd support giving every penny of the £12/£25 directly to the club to spend on developing the club on points such as youth development, stadium improvements and growing the fanbase. And if needed (under exceptional circumstances), paying down losses/ staff wages. 

I’d vote for that. Keep it simple.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...