Glasgow Airport - New Pick Up and Drop Off Charges

shull

50 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

First World Whingers!

£8 - it should be much, much more.

Air travel should be rationed and frequent fliers should be taxed progressively according to how many trips they take.

I have let my passport lapse and do not intend to travel abroad again, I hope to leave the semblance of a living planet to the future.

Is there any doubt that the current pandemic was spread by the privileged and inflicted upon the underprivileged.

Get all and additional taxation on individuals in the f**king sea until UK governments start collecting corporation tax at the legal level. Get all offshore tax status as well as other tax avoidance TF as well.

Get all and additional taxation on individuals in the f**king sea until UK governments start collecting corporation tax at the legal level. Get all offshore tax status as well as other tax avoidance TF as well.

Where will I keep all my money, then?

5 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Sorry @Bud the Baker but that was a poke in a hornet's nest.

No I quite understand George, not everyone wants to stay in the 70s eschewing "improvements" in our lifestyle....

As we begin to see some light at the end of the Covid tunnel it is profoundly depressing to think that we emerge it will be at best to minor tinkering with environmental problems and heading into Austerity2 with the usual winners and losers...

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

No I quite understand George, not everyone wants to stay in the 70s eschewing "improvements" in our lifestyle....

As we begin to see some light at the end of the Covid tunnel it is profoundly depressing to think that we emerge it will be at best to minor tinkering with environmental problems and heading into Austerity2 with the usual winners and losers...

Scotland is doing its utmost to provide renewable energy and indeed provides almost all of the current renewables to the NG.

11 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Scotland is doing its utmost to provide renewable energy and indeed provides almost all of the current renewables to the NG.

That's only one side of the equation, much of the good we saw in the April is liable to be thrown away if we just go back to full-on consumerism. 

It's not enough for me & Greta & I & I & Bob...8d933cfc425af84e74fba57b67fb8a6e--smileys-emo.jpg (220×200)

Edited by Bud the Baker

11 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

and would provide much more but for UK Gov's transmission charges and failure to invest in the cheapest technology-onshore wind.

Company's in Scotland are investing in technologies such as green-hydrogen storage, battery storage and others without incentive or a viable route to market, hopefully energy policy will become devolved if we don't go for independence.  The rest of the UK is actually fearful of Scotland's renewable potential

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

It will be as cheap getting a airport taxi now instead of a private hire to Paisley.

Oh, and we all know how much they love to moan about a local fare  😭

You’re right mate.If you’re going local you’ll be just as well jumping in an airport Hack.Next thing that will happen is a ban on picking up/dropping off at the garage,mark my words as it’ll happen.

They’d be happy to take any fares these days Tommy.
When I came back from Lanzarote a few weeks ago, the queue of taxis stretch right down to the end of the terminal building. Never seen so many before but with the airport doing cheap parking in carpark 1, they got no cash from me. I agree they will do all they can to stop private hires from dropping and picking passengers up unless from the pick up carpark.