It's Bigger Than Yours

The new bridge over the Forth biggest of its kind in the world. The fact it has wind defectors built into it means it will always be open during high winds. Another bit of great Scottish engineering. The SNP have done a great job of infrastructure the M8 , the Bridge , Parkhead is unrecognizable. All ferry prices to the islands have been reduced also. Still more infrastructure needed two lanes down to the cost on the 737 needed. 

30 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The new bridge over the Forth biggest of its kind in the world. The fact it has wind defectors built into it means it will always be open during high winds. Another bit of great Scottish engineering. The SNP have done a great job of infrastructure the M8 , the Bridge , Parkhead is unrecognizable. All ferry prices to the islands have been reduced also. Still more infrastructure needed two lanes down to the cost on the 737 needed. 

Don't mention it.  No, no.   

It was only a second bridge, after all.

Least we could do for you... 

We probably saved a wee bit from left-over Oil money that was robbed from Scotland... :) 

49 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Its bloody lovely and under budget

Scotland again showing that when it comes to engineering we are world leaders

If only

Various voices heard being interviewed as senior persons on this project include Geman, French, English and other accents.

As a project, it's a bit Scottish

Scotland has supplied some of the labour and will pay the bill.

"The principal contract for the Queensferry Crossingincluded the bridge itself as well as the connecting roads. ... The contractor carrying out the work is ForthCrossing Bridge Contractor, a German, Spanish, UK and US joint venture comprising Hochtief, Dragados, Morrison Construction and American BridgeInternational."

The 1960s bridge was also an american design.

5 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

If only

Various voices heard being interviewed as senior persons on this project include Geman, French, English and other accents.

As a project, it's a bit Scottish

Scotland has supplied some of the labour and will pay the bill.

"The principal contract for the Queensferry Crossingincluded the bridge itself as well as the connecting roads. ... The contractor carrying out the work is ForthCrossing Bridge Contractor, a German, Spanish, UK and US joint venture comprising Hochtief, Dragados, Morrison Construction and American BridgeInternational."

The 1960s bridge was also an american design.

Spoilsport:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Be plenty of buds traveling over it in a few weeks for the Pars game.

It's not where I would normally cross The Forth on my way to East End Park but I will this time just to see the bridge open and in all it's glory.

Just now, DougJamie said:

Spoilsport:rolleyes:

Ach there is still some good news.

Scottish engineers are designing and building the largest offshore wind farm in the Uk-East Anglia Offshore Wind.  the west coast High-voltage DC link is a massive poject and was designed in and managed from Scotland.

All executed by ScottishPower-a Spanish company

Guest TPAFKATS
Don't mention it.  No, no.   
It was only a second bridge, after all.

Least we could do for you... 
We probably saved a wee bit from left-over Oil money that was robbed from Scotland... [emoji4] 

Scottish cringe

14 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

At least you're not lowering your standards, if that would even be possible.

Whereas you are consistently going down the pan. :toilet

Trying way too hard t be smart and failing in the majority of attempts. :booty

The kind of guy who finds himself in the corner at parties with himself.....................................:byebye

Don't get excited by the "like" from the troll..................he likes anything aimed at me.  :lol:

38 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I don't try to be smart, it comes naturally. Some of us are just more intelligent than others, don't be upset, it's natural.

How would you know where I end up at parties? You don't even get invited.

Yeah, you're really that important that you have personal trolls. What a walloper you are, sometimes. Well, when I say "sometimes" ...

No, it really doesn't.  :lol:

Aye, run along, you're out of your depth. :byebye

PS How did your bet on Watford go, ya walloper. :booty

Edited by faraway saint

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Usual sort of reply - same patter, different day.

I don't gamble, my life's full and interesting, I have no need to fill it with mundane things such as gambling to find meaning to my existence. If I have a few spare minutes, I pop on here, find the "walloper of the day" (it's you today) and have a laugh at them, like I'm doing just now.

Where did you get the impression that I was going to bet on anything, let alone Watford. Are you trying to take on the mantle of "he who shall not be named" by proving that you can't understand simple English?

Without looking it up, I couldn't even tell you what league Watford are in these days, it's of absolutely no interest to me and has no importance in my life. The only club sides, other than the Buds, that I take any remote interest in are the ones that we are going to face during a season. This is a St Mirren forum, the general football forum is P&B, go and join them.

How someone as apparently shallow as you can talk about depth is beyond me, unless you're talking about the depths of despair that you live in.

Anyway, that's my few spare minutes gone so I'm away for now. You can, therefore, take your time to post your "^^^^^ verge of tears" reply, as I won't see it until tomorrow.

Oh dear............................walloper of the day award. :lol:

Your interest in "the buds" is very well disguised as you fanny about on every thread apart from the football thread, mostly.

Another wanker who deems himself informed enough to comment on other peoples lifestyles. :lol:

Sleep well. :byebye