Scottish Challenge Cup 2018/19

shull

2 hours ago, shull said:

Remind us not to employ Alan Archibald as our future Manager.

He done a Jack Ross and treated Partick Thistle, their fans and the Challenge Cup with total contempt.

Just like our Manager did last Season v Raith.

Unforgivable.

He played a weakened Team away to East Fife and they lost in front of 500 angry Jags fans.

ARCHIBALD SHOULD BE SACKED.

Nonsense. Like JR last season,  AA will be concentrating on promotion and not a diddy competition that noone is interested in. A quick look at attendances will tell you how much fans are interested.  You need to forget last season's game v Raith as much as any other defeat in our history. It's gone, over with, history and we won the Championship.

6 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Nonsense. Like JR last season,  AA will be concentrating on promotion and not a diddy competition that noone is interested in. A quick look at attendances will tell you how much fans are interested.  You need to forget last season's game v Raith as much as any other defeat in our history. It's gone, over with, history and we won the Championship.

500 Thistle fans were interested and fuming at the result.

No league game for Thistle today so how can Archibald concentrate on promotion.

He should have told the fans not to attend if he was going to rip the cnut out of them.

It was a competitive first team match.

Should be sacked.

We could have won the double just like 2005/06

Edited by shull

16 hours ago, shull said:

500 Thistle fans were interested and fuming at the result.

No league game for Thistle today so how can Archibald concentrate on promotion.

He should have told the fans not to attend if he was going to rip the cnut out of them.

It was a competitive first team match.

Should be sacked.

We could have won the double just like 2005/06

I wouldn't sack him but I agree with everything else here. The Scottish season isn't exactly strenuous. League Cup is over for most before the season starts. League is only 36 games (the English lower levels are 40+, indeed the CH/L1/L2 is 46). That leaves Scottish Cup which is difficult for lower league sides to win. The Challenge Cup is a chance for silverware and memories, and Gus had the perfect season in 2005/06 by doing the double. It should always be taken seriously and if you're going to fanny about with it, warn the fans beforehand so they can decide whether to spunk their money on it.

I heard Archibald on Radio Scotland yesterday saying he had made five changes , two enforced through injury and two players who can’t play on the Astro pitches plus he changed the keeper who had already played in league and cup matches.
I dont know about disrespecting the completion or the fans , maybe they just are not very good ?

Wouldn't  mind East Fife away.  Trip to Fife.  

One of my sons was invited to become a director there a few years ago but declined. 

He was though impressed by the way they had set up their hospitality packages in a way that could benefit visiting as well as home fans. 

A trip to Ireland might be good though.