Irritating Words, Phrases and Whatever Else.

shull

'Back in the day' is another one that grates with me. What day ??

Anyway, back in the day when everything sold in big shops had a price ending in 99p, I hated being told by the assistant,    "... and there's your one pence change." One pence !!! Arghhh. It's one PENNY ya moron, pence is plural !!!

Anyway, back in the day when everything sold in big shops had a price ending in 99p, I hated being told by the assistant,    "... and there's your one pence change." One pence !!! Arghhh. It's one PENNY ya moron, pence is plural !!!

I had to look, how much is a 1 penny coin [emoji44]

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124096454351?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=USkf5CbmT7W&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=3sld8LbwQ1S&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

One that I also hate. Absolutely meaningless. How far back? Which day? Why not just say some years ago? Or actually say what timeline you are talking about.

Was said to me many times.

ALRIGHTY DRIVER ?

WHEN YE START ?

WHEN YE FINISH  ?

YE BUSY ?

And on at least 4 times a season when I gave no satisfactory reply to their previous interrogations.

WHAT SCHOOL DID YOU GO TO DRIVER ?

Edited by shull