Sevco/Celtic Media In Major Meltdowm

shull

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Doesn't it even occur to you that, if there is a majority saying something about his performances, they might be right and, (God forbid), Shurly might just be wrong?

Naw it doesn't occur to me. 

I have read the posts of the masses on here. 

41 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Doesn't it even occur to you that, if there is a majority saying something about his performances, they might be right and, (God forbid), Shurly might just be wrong?

Ooooh cant agree with that.

It's rarely a good idea to seek truth in the opinions of the majority.

"The masses are asses" is a bit strong I suppose but majority opinions have repeatedly shown themselves to be disastrously wrong throughout history.

Just now, oaksoft said:

"The masses are asses" is a bit strong I suppose but majority opinions have repeatedly shown themselves to be disastrously wrong throughout history.

That's usually concerning a direction to take on an issue. Not an opinion on performances of individuals. In those instances you normally find if most people don't think someone is doing a good job, they are usually right. In as much as you can fool some of the people…...

31 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

That's usually concerning a direction to take on an issue. Not an opinion on performances of individuals. In those instances you normally find if most people don't think someone is doing a good job, they are usually right. In as much as you can fool some of the people…...

I think it covers both scenarios.

The problem is two-fold. Firstly the vast majority of people have no depth of knowledge in anything other than a handful of things. Secondly, their egos won't allow them to acknowledge that. Take Willie Collum for example. Fans think he is shite but those same fans actually turn out not to be aware of the full laws of the game. They are not qualified to judge him but won't accept their wafer thin knowledge of the rules. Those who DO know what they are doing keep giving him high profile refereeing roles. Not just in this country either. International governing bodies think this guy is one of the best in the world.

You are asking me to believe that fans know better than Collum's bosses? Nah!

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The problem is two-fold. Firstly the vast majority of people have no depth of knowledge in anything other than a handful of things. Secondly, their egos won't allow them to acknowledge that. Take Willie Collum for example. Fans think he is shite but those same fans actually turn out not to be aware of the full laws of the game. They are not qualified to judge him but won't accept their wafer thin knowledge of the rules. Those who DO know what they are doing keep giving him high profile refereeing roles. Not just in this country either. International governing bodies think this guy is one of the best in the world.

He's been roundly criticised in the past on several occasions. Including being demoted by his bosses. He's nominated for European roles and has been criticised widely on occasions when he's been chosen. Not just by punters but by his employers too.

And it might be the case that not everyone has the depth of knowledge to analyse every decision but there have been too many occasions where he's got the simple things that most do know wrong.

Look back at his record then, I suppose, It wouldsn't surprise me that you'd never admit to being in error but there you go.

That’s right , his bosses do keep giving him high profile jobs and we all know the Football governing bodies are never wrong .

Guest TPAFKATS
And some don’t rate him based on what they have seen of his performances. In my opinion, Collum is too intent in making it the Willie Collum show .
A good referee tends not to be noticed much during a game, Collum is far too quick to flash cards and make puzzling decisions.
Agree.
Although I'd say he usually lets too much go at the start then once he's issued the first booking (usually at least 30 minutes in) he's card happy and the wee wullie show begins.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

He's been roundly criticised in the past on several occasions. Including being demoted by his bosses. He's nominated for European roles and has been criticised widely on occasions when he's been chosen. Not just by punters but by his employers too.

And it might be the case that not everyone has the depth of knowledge to analyse every decision but there have been too many occasions where he's got the simple things that most do know wrong.

Look back at his record then, I suppose, It wouldsn't surprise me that you'd never admit to being in error but there you go.

It SHOULD surprise you because I regularly change my position on a range of issues.

I only do so when presented with good arguments though.

I don't bend over for people just because they feel the need to force me to agree to their points but I'm no Stuart Dickson or bazil either. I feel the need to defend myself on that score.

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The ref could have booked any one of the Three challenging bluenoses there .   Poor Candeias. :double

Yep Morelos for the initial foul. That should have been his second after escaping a first earlier in the game. Candeias for the stamp and Tavernier for almost taking the Villareal players head off.

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Indyref - No

Brexit - Leave

to name but two.

36 minutes ago, shull said:

And so it begins .....

Aye but in fairness this time they are correct. 

The schadenfreude of him ACTUALLY getting sent off for a combination of mistaken identity/nothing was magnificent though.

A beautiful example of how the “big boys” don’t get everything their own way when they’re not playing in their own little back yard. 

2 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Second yellow for a deliberate stamp. BT summed it up perfectly in 10 seconds.

I said at the time.

All three bluenoses could have been carded. Candeias was carded for stamping. He could have done serious damage to the lad. Morelos could have been carded. In fact that should have been his second yellow as he got away with being carded earlier. Tavernier could have been carded for a deliberate kick at the boy too.

INTIMIDATION WORKS. 

Not that Sevco really needed to intimidate the SFA and Match Officials in the last few weeks. 

They, the dead Club before them and Celtic have always been favoured by the corrupt Cnuts running our Game. 

Levein and Hearts are fuming. 

I don't blame them. 

I have witnessed this cheating shite for 50 years. 

SCUM 

1 hour ago, shull said:

INTIMIDATION WORKS. 

Not that Sevco really needed to intimidate the SFA and Match Officials in the last few weeks. 

They, the dead Club before them and Celtic have always been favoured by the corrupt Cnuts running our Game. 

Levein and Hearts are fuming. 

I don't blame them. 

I have witnessed this cheating shite for 50 years. 

SCUM 

And Levein is probably due a ban now.