Aberdeen and Hearts Away Feb 2019

St.Ricky

Two tough games, both away from home.   No doubt about that. But these types of game are the reason why we want to be in this league. 

Won't make the Aberdeen game but will be at Tynecastle.  Hoping we can pick up 4 points which would mean we won one and drew one. 

FFS

Not even a matchday thread, just a thread to tell people what one you’re going to and informing us mere mortals that it’s 2 tough away games ?

Nobody gives a f**k if you’re going & I think people can decide on how difficult the games they will be without you starting another pointless thread

28 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Stubbs got 9 games, - Livi (h) on the 27th will be OKs 9th game of 2019. :toilet

Were you there today Colin ? No problem if not everyone has reasons. On the second half performance is the best I have seen all season there is a team there that can get results maybe just maybe enough for play off or 10th in my opinion.  

Stubbs got 9 games, - Livi (h) on the 27th will be OKs 9th game of 2019. :toilet

Different rules apply though.

AS = experienced footballer and manager who’s won major titles as both and as a result tells it like it is.

OK = nice guy who says and does what he’s told. Just happy that some proper football club took a chance on him. Won’t rock the boat

Were you there today Colin ? No problem if not everyone has reasons. On the second half performance is the best I have seen all season there is a team there that can get results maybe just maybe enough for play off or 10th in my opinion.  

Second half performance ? We played against a Championship team with 10 men for 2/3 or the second half and we still couldn’t even get level.
The problem is we seem unable to sustain performances , if we can’t perform for most of 90 minutes we will be punished.

32 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Stubbs was punted after 9 games, Rae 11 games into the 16/17 season (6 league games) - after the Livi game should be time enough to get a sense of whether OKs revamped team is an improvement of what we had before the break,

I don't want or expect OK to be fired at the end of the month but you have to set a target for the season - as I've said before if we were relegated via the play-offs I'd give OK a chance in the Championship, likewise if we finish bottom but are only relegated on say the final day I'd probably feel the same but if we're relegated before the split then I'd not have much confidence in him building a succesful team for the Championship. In the last case would you trust him with the remainder of the McGinn windfall?

23 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Second half performance ? We played against a Championship team with 10 men for 2/3 or the second half and we still couldn’t even get level.
The problem is we seem unable to sustain performances , if we can’t perform for most of 90 minutes we will be punished.

The depth of the crossbar was the difference between getting a replay and going out. I agree though with what you say about sustaining a performance for 90 minutes. That we do need to do and it needs to look like the way we played in the second half with the same team that played it today. Then, we have a chance of staying up bit by heck it will be tight if we do. Squeeky bum time for all of us.

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Interesting from Hearts Website.  The Gorgie Club.  Entry 12 pounds.  Includes entry and welcome drink plus some hot food.  Can re-enter after the game. 

Now why don't we offer something like that (I know.. We have the 1877 Club) 

Hearts can offer that to us as we are civilized.

If we offered that to Hearts fans they would shite on the carpet.

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Oh you managed to get it right this time ? Ffs, only three letters in the word and you still manage to f**k it up .

Dear boy.  Calm down.  Mind your blood pressure. 

Shall we explore alternatives I thought.. So interchangible ass or arse..

18 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

The depth of the crossbar was the difference between getting a replay and going out.

(Pedant Alert)

You on about Popescu hitting the bar at 2-0 down? That doesn’t necessarily mean it would have ended 2-2. The Butterfly Effect. Might have won 3-2, lost 4-1, may well have ended 2-2. Can’t be sure. Things would have panned out differently anyway. The only time you can say it with some certainty is if it happens in injury time, with little time for events to change by much.

(Pedant Alert Over)