Merged: All The Oran Kearney Threads

TopCat

What i take from this article if you try and avoid the "he said, she said" sides of the issue are four things.
1. The article is in the club's now preferred mouthpiece for placing stories the Scottish Sun.
2. Scott talks about a compromise reached, whilst still,peddling the myth that Oran wanted to fly daily at a cost to himself of up to £6k a month..? Apart from the fact theres no way Oran could afford it, he said they had reached a compromise! What changed?
3. Scott says he and the club knew all summer, that Oran was always going back to Coleraine... strange that given Coleraine had offered the job to someone else who eventually declined...!
4. Scott freely admits their intention all along was to get Goodwin in having done all their due dilligence in advance of "mutually" getting Kearney out the door..! 
Feck me if you are going to try and create fake news to come out of it looking the Hero, jesus try not to trip over the biggest whoppers you could imagine your story... it makes him look absolutely shocking! Possibly not what he was going for?

Let’s see if Kearney denies it then.

To be honest, you were one of a few on here bleating on about lack of communication and then when you get it you don’t want to hear it as it doesn’t fit your, already established, narrative.

Most likely a bit of fault on both sides. Kearney definitely not blameless going by what I’ve heard so let’s just move on. He’s not the manager anymore and, given we only just scraped by a team that lost something like 9 of their last 10 games and then won the playoff on penalties, maybe it’s not the worst outcome.

9 hours ago, DLBud said:

To be honest, you were one of a few on here bleating on about lack of communication and then when you get it you don’t want to hear it as it doesn’t fit your, already established, narrative.

Most likely a bit of fault on both sides. Kearney definitely not blameless going by what I’ve heard so let’s just move on. He’s not the manager anymore and, given we only just scraped by a team that lost something like 9 of their last 10 games and then won the playoff on penalties, maybe it’s not the worst outcome.

Just read a interview by Oran BBC. He still wants to get back into full time football if the chance ever comes up. 

12 hours ago, stlucifer said:

While I have my doubts about the overall validity of the article you really need to stop making things up. Coleraine NEVER offered the job to anyone. They SAID they were refused the right to talk to someone. This may be true or simply a smoke screen to hide their intent. The could have conceivably made that approach knowing it would be refused.

And. THE SUN SAID Scott went looking at Goodwin when it became clear we were losing Kearney. A subtle but important difference.

ETA. The last sentence could quite easily have been directed at your good self.

All wrong above, must do better!

remember Scott is now on record as saying the only thing we werent prepared for by sacking Oran is putting a team on the pitch! To most thats quite a biggy!

9 hours ago, DLBud said:

Possibly now that Scott has broken any confidentiality clause, mutually agreed. Then Oran may well respond to some of the more outrageous claims about wanting to fly back and forth everyday (even though that is a desperate claim, that he couldn't afford). And the claim that the club had lined Goody up weeks ago! Did he sanction the signings of Andreu & Lyness whilst still an Alloa employee?

all it has served to do is make a shitstorm of a clusterf**k look even more shitty. Its worth remembering, Scott is now on his FIFTH manager in three years. Even Ross was burning up the motorways of the UK trying to get out. Now the question to ask is...

is the problem with five different managers & staff... or one chairman..?

I don’t think it works in GLS’ favour that we didn’t hire an assistant manager before pre-season started. If he was supposedly under the impression that Oran was staying, why were we heading into pre-season with no assistant? We haven’t had an assistant since January after all, plenty of time to find one. Why was Nicholl, a highly experienced assistant manager for years, not offered the obvious position?

Or was this just cover because he wanted Goodwin and knew Sharp would come too?

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I don’t think it works in GLS’ favour that we didn’t hire an assistant manager before pre-season started. If he was supposedly under the impression that Oran was staying, why were we heading into pre-season with no assistant? We haven’t had an assistant since January after all, plenty of time to find one. Why was Nicholl, a highly experienced assistant manager for years, not offered the obvious position?

Or was this just cover because he wanted Goodwin and knew Sharp would come too?

Its all pretty murky.

15 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

What i take from this article if you try and avoid the "he said, she said" sides of the issue are four things.

1. The article is in the club's now preferred mouthpiece for placing stories the Scottish Sun.

2. Scott talks about a compromise reached, whilst still,peddling the myth that Oran wanted to fly daily at a cost to himself of up to £6k a month..? Apart from the fact theres no way Oran could afford it, he said they had reached a compromise! What changed?

3. Scott says he and the club knew all summer, that Oran was always going back to Coleraine... strange that given Coleraine had offered the job to someone else who eventually declined...!

4. Scott freely admits their intention all along was to get Goodwin in having done all their due dilligence in advance of "mutually" getting Kearney out the door..! 

Feck me if you are going to try and create fake news to come out of it looking the Hero, jesus try not to trip over the biggest whoppers you could imagine your story... it makes him look absolutely shocking! Possibly not what he was going for?

Jesus when you think it can’t get any more ridiculous :lol:

1. Irrelevant one of the main tabloids in the country, we’ve had other interviews with many other news sources 

2. This may be the single stupidest comment I have ever seen on here, I am very conscious of using words like stupid but it’s lost on me to use another. A quick google & you can get a flight from as little as £23 return worked out at five days of commute (assuming he gets two days off £460 a month) . When someone knows they’re going to be traveling very regularly they will clearly look for the cheapest means. To quote a figure that assumes someone will always aim for the most expensive way to travel shows a complete lack of common sense. I paid more for a daily commute to Edinburgh than he would need to for his travels. It is completely reasonable to pin this down to the time he’d be away from the club & not the travel cost 

3. He also says in the article he thought they managed to resolve it at one point. More selective negativity 

4. There is nothing in the story that suggests this was an underhanded attempt. It’s a chairman’s responsibility to future plan & sounds like that’s all he’s done. Even Alloa praised our approach  

More evidence that you’re incapable of making an impartial comment on anything SMFC or GLS related down to blind hatred. 

Awful post even for you. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

First one yes but not because he wanted to. 

So he was sacked... but because there was no good reason to terminate his employment the club offered to settle his contract, if he would leave.

its called being sacked, a compromise agreement that meant the club could then not prevent him from taking another job! Indeed part of his compensation could have hinged on him getting another job, meaning the club would not have pay all his remaining contractual term.

think again bud. Scott has admitted this had been planned for ages. Its now apparent by Scott's statement, and Oran's saying "it was obvious my time there was up" that they had sought to freeze him out by agreeing compromises on where he lived, but then tearing them up, and insisting he move.

it was a clusterf**k, Oran was stuck in it, Nicholl thought "f**k that i'm away to Dundee... dundee ffs"

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

So he was sacked... but because there was no good reason to terminate his employment the club offered to settle his contract, if he would leave.

its called being sacked, a compromise agreement that meant the club could then not prevent him from taking another job! Indeed part of his compensation could have hinged on him getting another job, meaning the club would not have pay all his remaining contractual term.

think again bud. Scott has admitted this had been planned for ages. Its now apparent by Scott's statement, and Oran's saying "it was obvious my time there was up" that they had sought to freeze him out by agreeing compromises on where he lived, but then tearing them up, and insisting he move.

it was a clusterf**k, Oran was stuck in it, Nicholl thought "f**k that i'm away to Dundee... dundee ffs"

Speculation,  Edit. I'm more concerned who we bring in to be honest 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Speculation, 

No...

he didnt leave of his own volition, the club and chairman confirmed this. So his departure was instigated by his employers. There are only two parties in this, and both have confirmed he did not want to leave! Read their statements again. Add the fact Goody was tapped up months ago, and that Nicholl wasnt for hanging around.  But we got a new asst anyway.

Speculation, 

And amazingly from LPM his speculation is targeted at showing GLS & SMFC in the worst light. 

Cant help notice how he has slowly backed down from the ‘we’ll need to pay his full contract, compensation for stress & a fee to Coleraine’ though. 

I suppose forcing someone into paying £6,000 in travel expenses out their own pocket when you can do the same monthly travel for less than 10% of that would force anyone out. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No...

he didnt leave of his own volition, the club and chairman confirmed this. So his departure was instigated by his employers. There are only two parties in this, and both have confirmed he did not want to leave! Read their statements again. Add the fact Goody was tapped up months ago, and that Nicholl wasnt for hanging around.  But we got a new asst anyway.

St Mirren had ‘no control’ OK left ‘of his own accord’

don’t let the facts get in the way of Your hatred though. 

Edited by bazil85

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

St Mirren had ‘no control’ OK left ‘of his own accord’

don’t let the facts get in the way of Your hatred though. 

I’m not one for often backing LPM, but I really don’t think Kearney left “of his own accord”. I think it’s very reasonable to think he was pushed out of the door by GLS and the board (minus Tony who received special thanks from Oran). Gordon’s interview yesterday has done nothing except convince me more that Oran was forced out.

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’m not one for often backing LPM, but I really don’t think Kearney left “of his own accord”. I think it’s very reasonable to think he was pushed out of the door by GLS and the board (minus Tony who received special thanks from Oran). Gordon’s interview yesterday has done nothing except convince me more that Oran was forced out.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t for a second think GLS is the fully innocent party & OK the villain. What I do think is there will likely be shades of grey.

My point on LPM is his view is always the one that shows the club he ‘supports’ & its people in the most negative light. Him claiming OK travel cost could be up to £6,000 shows this, it’s the most nonsense comment I think I’ve seen on here (an achievement in itself) 

my interpretation of the situation is OK wanted the commute & thought he could still do the job to a suitable level, GLS disagreed & they couldn’t meet in an acceptable middle. To quote some Brexit chat, they both likely had red lines & they didn’t match. I think the most likely outcome (we’ll likely never know though is as below) 

- OK wanted a daily (or close to) commute 

- GLS wanted him to move here. 

- OK willing to compromise slightly down on the commute 

- GLS willing to compromise slightly up on the commute. 

Outcome was the up and the down weren’t close enough to compromise. This for me perfectly explains the time taken, GLS interview, OK comments, why the timing wasn’t ideal for him leaving & the Goody contingency planning. 

I don’t know if OK wanted to increase the commute on last year or GLS wanted to decrease it, that’s the grey area. As I said we’ll likely never know how it was initiated, what was in the contract & what was proposed to change this year (if anything) 

15 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Might be worth starting the “Welcome Peter Grant” thread!

15 minutes ago, magnus said:

Hopefully Goodie is here for a hugely successful decade but if not - probably a decent shout. Good move by our "feeder" club.

I can see the Alloa chairman now, planning that extension to the social club with his next compo check on the horizon.

10 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

As he has me on ignore, can someone ask LPM who Colraine had offered the job to.

PS though don't expect a answer. emoji23.png

I’m sure Coleraine themselves said that they had an approach for the Dundalk manager rejected.

Edit: Here’s the BBC Link

It was the assistant who was approached

Edited by Cornwall_Saint