Jump to content

shull

Big Boris, Our Prime Minister

Recommended Posts

You do know the pound fell v the Euro mostly on the back of the DUP announcement ?

Boris, whatever you think of him, has played this well
EU like the deal, the Market likes the deal and it delivers the result from 2016
He has set up Lab in particular for a fall, remember so many Lab constituencies voted to Leave and if we don't soon then they will turn away and not many to the silly wee Libs.
SNP - still going on "its nae fair"  ticket whilst not even talking about what they would do with Indy also will be a silent minority
We are shifting right, and I can see the Tories doing what the do best- Spinning a result

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You do know the pound fell v the Euro mostly on the back of the DUP announcement ?

Yes, and the rumblings are growing in NI that the DUP don't have a mandate as they are a minority party. Boris knew he was screwing them

He seems to do that quite a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Juncker quoted now as saying the EU will not approve any extension request so it's effectively deal or no deal on Saturday - BBC breaking news just now

He’s being misquoted by sources trying to heap pressure on Remainers.

Juncker is not quite saying there is no need for an extension at all, nor is he is saying one can't happen:

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/SPEECH_19_6126

Good to see you and good to see the Prime Minister, my friend Boris Johnson.

We have a deal. And this deal means that there is no need for any kind of prolongation.

This is a fair and balanced agreement. It is testament to our commitment to finding solutions.

It provides certainty where Brexit creates uncertainty. It protects the rights of our citizens and it protects peace and stability on the island of Ireland. There will be no border on the island of Ireland. And the Single Market will be protected.

...

And of course, it is for both our Parliaments to have the final say. It is not only Westminster having to approve the deal – the deal being in fact a Treaty – it is also up to the European Parliament to do the same.

So thank you, Boris for – I have to say – the excellent relations we had throughout the last weeks.

I have to say: I am happy about the deal, but I am sad about Brexit."

 

I hope this helps?  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
London votes - Remain - Scotland blames London...
 
...instead of blaming the million Scots who voted Leave.  :unsure:
London is a city. Scotland is a country with separate parliament, regulations including some tax rates and a separate legal system. To name a few
Its really not comparable and blaming around 1 million Scots is poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

London is a city. Scotland is a country with separate parliament, regulations including some tax rates and a separate legal system. To name a few
Its really not comparable and blaming around 1 million Scots is poor.

A million Scots DID vote Leave though and that made a huge difference when looking at the 17.4 million.

I know you want to overlook that inconvenient fact but it doesn't change what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And there were NI people who voted to leave and Welsh and English who voted remain all had an impact on the result, the arrogance of having a vote of this magnitude that didn't have a % of voters element has caused the turmoil we're experiencing currdntly and the strength of any bargaining position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A million Scots DID vote Leave though and that made a huge difference when looking at the 17.4 million.
I know you want to overlook that inconvenient fact but it doesn't change what happened.
A million Scots voted to leave.
1.7 million Scots voted to remain.

That small majority is hardly a mandate to speak on behalf of a whole country... "Scotland voted..." "Against her wishes..."

Mind you...

apparently every person who voted leave was duped, lied to and didn't understand what they were voting for, whereas every person who voted to remain knew exactly what they were voting for!

Still... being in Europe will afford great financial protection to an independent Scotland.

It has worked wonders for the economy of Ireland and Greece.

What could possibly go wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sturgeon just doesn't get it- why yap on about Indy 2, when its been shown that the SNP's have no ability  to compromise...……….

First thing- Its a crap deal we will vote it down …………… no respect- I voted Remain- but now we need  a deal- we cant remain- country is far to divided

Personally I hope the deal goes thru tomorrow

However in the true tradition of British Politics it will be Party first Country second. As they know if it passes the Tories will go on the win the GE with a majority...……

Will of the people just doesn't enter into it- 45% say yes in 2014 and apparently its the will of the people now its slightly higher ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

London is a city. Scotland is a country with separate parliament, regulations including some tax rates and a separate legal system. To name a few
Its really not comparable and blaming around 1 million Scots is poor.

London has a population of nearly 9m, Scotland less than 6.

london also has a mayoral system of governance, a tax regime and simply a different legal system to Scotland...  my point still stands.

All parts of the UK were subjected to the same unwanted referendum.

there is no logical reason to continually blame London for Brexit when so many Scots, IN SCOTLAND, voted leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, antrin said:

London has a population of nearly 9m, Scotland less than 6.

london also has a mayoral system of governance, a tax regime and simply a different legal system to Scotland...  my point still stands.

All parts of the UK were subjected to the same unwanted referendum.

there is no logical reason to continually blame London for Brexit when so many Scots, IN SCOTLAND, voted leave.

Yes and more Scots voted Leave than voted on the European Elections...………. SNPs live in la la land...………. very disappointed the way the party has gone under Sturgeon, she is making a total fool of the Scots and total misrepresentation , last Election they got 38% of the vote, the same figure (38%) that voted to leave, yet they represent the nation…………… they represent themselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing the blame game is irrelevant now.

*****************

Trying to tie BJs hands (the Hilary Benn Bill) has backfired spectacularly with BJ ditching the DUP (hoodathunkit :whistle) & negotiating a deal that he would never have accepted while Treeza was PM, as I said on P1 of the thread...

Quote

I know he's draping himself in the Union Flag currently but his No. 1 policy has always been "What's good for Boris?". :spud5

It's all down to numbers now & there are too many MPs from all points on the spectrum as yet undeclared for various reasons - only a fool would predict the outcome of tomorrow's vote...:whistle

Spoiler

Government to scrape it by 3 votes: 319-316

 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Boris, whatever you think of him, has played this well

EU like the deal, the Market likes the deal and it delivers the result from 2016

He has set up Lab in particular for a fall, remember so many Lab constituencies voted to Leave and if we don't soon then they will turn away and not many to the silly wee Libs.

SNP - still going on "its nae fair"  ticket whilst not even talking about what they would do with Indy also will be a silent minority

We are shifting right, and I can see the Tories doing what the do best- Spinning a result

Boris has indeed played it well. If the EU are happy with the deal it means it’s probably a shit deal on the UK end. Ideally for Boris this gets rejected, meaning he can say “you had the offer and said no” and then smash forward with his No Deal wish. He has certainly played this very well. He comes off well, the Tories look good to the Leave voters and job done.

As for the SNP, they are completely right to call it unfair. NI, Wales and England get what they want. Meanwhile, Scotland who voted clearly to remain, having been promised in 2014 a No vote was the only way to guarantee remaining in the EU, have been severely shafted and treated like shit, ignored at every turn. I’m glad the SNP are standing up for this, because none of the others give a damn. Without the SNP we’d be bending over to Westminster at every moment, at least the SNP try to challenge that.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

A million Scots DID vote Leave though and that made a huge difference when looking at the 17.4 million.

I know you want to overlook that inconvenient fact but it doesn't change what happened.

However, there are other reasons why Scots should be angry.

2014 - “The only way to stay in the EU is to vote No to independence and stay in the UK”

2016 - 62% of Scots vote to stay in the EU. It’s a clear indication of what the Scots want.

These two combined show exactly why Scotland should be angry at being dragged out of the EU. They clearly voted their intention to stay in the EU. They were also told and promised that a No vote would be the only guarantee to stay in the EU.

That No vote and that promise have not been followed through with. The clear will to stay in the EU should have been respected on top of that promise. That’s why there is anger, and that’s why this is completely unacceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

 

However, there are other reasons why Scots should be angry.

Scots in or out of Scotland - and people throughout the UK - share many reasons to be angry.

1. It was a referendum.  In a parliamentary democracy, they need not be binding.  MANY people simply did not vote, never believing that the dildos on parliament would pay attention to any result, let alone such a close one.

2. it was a choice of voting for swivel-eyed Venusian racist bigots OR Cameron and Osborne.  I knew people who could never vote in their support.

3.  The only reason there was a referendum - and this can’t be stressed often enough - is that IT WAS OFFERED SIMPLY TO KEEP THE TORY PARTY FROM FALLING APART.

4.  Before 2016, it was only a few nutcases who were miffed about the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

 

However in the true tradition of British Politics it will be Party first Country second. 

 

In many individuals opinions the SNP's stance is putting the country -Scotland- first.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Boris, whatever you think of him, has played this well

EU like the deal, the Market likes the deal and it delivers the result from 2016

He has set up Lab in particular for a fall, remember so many Lab constituencies voted to Leave and if we don't soon then they will turn away and not many to the silly wee Libs.

SNP - still going on "its nae fair"  ticket whilst not even talking about what they would do with Indy also will be a silent minority

We are shifting right, and I can see the Tories doing what the do best- Spinning a result

he has done the square root of sod all to set the scene for the future economic agreement, in fact it seems that he has taken that stuff out of the withdrawal agreement so we will be wrangling for years on workers rights, standards alignments and a whole lot more.  Unless, of course, he intends to just take his withdrawal agreement as a deal in name only and just walk away from the stuff that helps make our current lives what they are.

So, it really depends on how you define "played this well".  i tend to think that selling out the UK people and taking it up the rump from Europe on Ireland just to get his deal through and please his friends is playing things badly.

our lives, prospects and future prospects for our children look considerably worse under this deal, so you knock yourself out congratulating him on this derogation of the May deal and changing your life for the worse forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

In many individuals opinions the SNP's stance is putting the country -Scotland- first.

 

Mate, after all this 52/48- 45/55 pish

 

Be good if SNP actually showed a majority as in This Country

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

he has done the square root of sod all to set the scene for the future economic agreement, in fact it seems that he has taken that stuff out of the withdrawal agreement so we will be wrangling for years on workers rights, standards alignments and a whole lot more.  Unless, of course, he intends to just take his withdrawal agreement as a deal in name only and just walk away from the stuff that helps make our current lives what they are.

So, it really depends on how you define "played this well".  i tend to think that selling out the UK people and taking it up the rump from Europe on Ireland just to get his deal through and please his friends is playing things badly.

our lives, prospects and future prospects for our children look considerably worse under this deal, so you knock yourself out congratulating him on this derogation of the May deal and changing your life for the worse forever.

I am not jumping for joy trust me

 

However our "Opposition Parties" have done even less in grasping the opportunity to get shot of the Tories- Jo Swinson with her " build a statue to Maggie, Corbyn with his changing his mind and principles like the weather, and Sturgeon with his her delusional rantings of a united Scotland v Baaaad England  .

 

In our past when the Gov was shit you voted them out, it was like getting a new manager ( bar us) you got a bounce. The opposition is a far scarier prospect as none of them have any policies apart from they hate the Tories

So- House of Cards- Boris has played this well *( not saying that well is good for us)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Boris has indeed played it well. If the EU are happy with the deal it means it’s probably a shit deal on the UK end. Ideally for Boris this gets rejected, meaning he can say “you had the offer and said no” and then smash forward with his No Deal wish. He has certainly played this very well. He comes off well, the Tories look good to the Leave voters and job done.

As for the SNP, they are completely right to call it unfair. NI, Wales and England get what they want. Meanwhile, Scotland who voted clearly to remain, having been promised in 2014 a No vote was the only way to guarantee remaining in the EU, have been severely shafted and treated like shit, ignored at every turn. I’m glad the SNP are standing up for this, because none of the others give a damn. Without the SNP we’d be bending over to Westminster at every moment, at least the SNP try to challenge that.

However, there are other reasons why Scots should be angry.

2014 - “The only way to stay in the EU is to vote No to independence and stay in the UK”

2016 - 62% of Scots vote to stay in the EU. It’s a clear indication of what the Scots want.

These two combined show exactly why Scotland should be angry at being dragged out of the EU. They clearly voted their intention to stay in the EU. They were also told and promised that a No vote would be the only guarantee to stay in the EU.

That No vote and that promise have not been followed through with. The clear will to stay in the EU should have been respected on top of that promise. That’s why there is anger, and that’s why this is completely unacceptable.

I buy part of this Cornwall however -

The Scots bottled it in 2014 because they believed the shit that was peddled, they were so easily swayed. In 2016 wiser they voted to remain, however lets not forget 1 million Scots voted Leave 

BUT Scotland is still part of the UK and has been for over 300 years, so its totally irrelevant what we voted, it might not be fair, but hey life isn't really.

Boris had a big Bus He now is PM, and has a deal, Lab by the nuts , and will never agree to Indy to unless its 65/35- Lessons learned by a divided Brexit...………..

 

If the SNP really want Tories out, they should disband and tell everyone to vote Lab, now that will mean the Tories leave, however that's not going to happen because the Nats want Indy. Fine , but its not going to happen. They had a chance in 2015 with 56 MPs, they should have done a Sin Fein , not recognised Westminster... Indy is never easy and certainly never achieved at a ballot box with a wee set of plans...……….  

Fact is we have the Tories because we have the Nats. Lab used to control 50 seats up here. The Tories must love the Nats

Edited by DougJamie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...