Closed Day Sunday 25/8/2019

Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

So how about a massive banner on the west stand declaring we are against sectarianism, gets the visual message across and would be a statement of what is right and reasonable that not even the football authorities could disagree with......oh wait..!

Maybe a banner telling the OF fans to get the f**k out of our Family Stand would be better.

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

This would be a fine idea, the fans of SMFC I'm sure are near universally behind no sectarianism or other forms of bigotry in football. However I do fear it would fall on deaf ears, like you say about the football authorities. Their main priority is & likely will continue to be for the foreseeable future, the protection of their most profitable assets, Celtic & Sevco.  

To link it back to other points, we do need to be cautious. Bigotry in football and the stand arrangement are two separate issues. Seeing the benefit in the two stands arrangement under the current climate is in no way fans supporting or advocating bigoted behaviour. 

Letting one Sevco or Celtic fan into our Stadium means we are supporting sectarianism and bigotry.

Us , as a Football Club playing against Celtic or Sevco means we support sectarianism and bigotry.

The whole of Scottish Football by allowing Celtic and Sevco to play, means they also support sectarianism and bigotry.

GET RID OF SEVCO AND CELTIC.

It's the only way and it's easy.

11 hours ago, shull said:

Letting one Sevco or Celtic fan into our Stadium means we are supporting sectarianism and bigotry.

Us , as a Football Club playing against Celtic or Sevco means we support sectarianism and bigotry.

The whole of Scottish Football by allowing Celtic and Sevco to play, means they also support sectarianism and bigotry.

GET RID OF SEVCO AND CELTIC.

It's the only way and it's easy.

I don’t support sectarianism or bigotry & I have no reason to think anyone involved with the club does. You having an idealistic & pie in the sky idea of what football could be and thinking it’s ‘easy’ doesn’t change that. 

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I don’t support sectarianism or bigotry & I have no reason to think anyone involved with the club does. You having an idealistic & pie in the sky idea of what football could be and thinking it’s ‘easy’ doesn’t change that. 

What like the idealistic, pie in the sky ideas that Killie have put in place to benefit their support?

you have the argumentative skill of a jobby!

18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What like the idealistic, pie in the sky ideas that Killie have put in place to benefit their support?

you have the argumentative skill of a jobby!

Shull point was ‘letting one Sevco or Celtic fan in’ and he then went onto getting rid of them being easy. So no, not what Killie have done, you’ve interpreted my point completely wrong.

. Killie having bigger stands & an increased home crowd/ financial income over the last couple seasons to make that decision does not mean we should follow suit in a completely different situation  

Us going down to one stand would be entirely possible (granted there’s a very real chance it would have cost us our SP status last season) but we’ve made a business decision to give them two stands because of our many empty seats 

you don’t like it & can continue arguing about it but your broken record approach won’t change it, sorry. 

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Shull point was ‘letting one Sevco or Celtic fan in’ and he then went onto getting rid of them being easy. So no, not what Killie have done, you’ve interpreted my point completely wrong.

. Killie having bigger stands & an increased home crowd/ financial income over the last couple seasons to make that decision does not mean we should follow suit in a completely different situation  

Us going down to one stand would be entirely possible (granted there’s a very real chance it would have cost us our SP status last season) but we’ve made a business decision to give them two stands because of our many empty seats 

you don’t like it & can continue arguing about it but your broken record approach won’t change it, sorry. 

But you swore our home crowd had grown too! How many ways do you want to have it?

you cant string two coherent sentences together on this or most topics. Bit like the club really.

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Er...

I know you're aware that St Mirren’s home crowd has also significantly increased over the last couple of seasons, so Saints ALSO could have followed suit ?  Same with financial income, much more money is coming in than previously.

it is NOT a different situation that Saints are in, at all.

more home crowd, more money, just different moral values supported by dubious sleight-of-hand rationalising.

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

But you swore our home crowd had grown too! How many ways do you want to have it?

you cant string two coherent sentences together on this or most topics. Bit like the club really.

Our home crowd has grown & our season ticket sales did go up. You’re really having a nightmare here aren’t you? :lol: those stats existing doesn’t mean we’re in the same situation as 3rd place finishing Kilmarnock. 

Your shambolic soon attempt has again completely failed  

9 minutes ago, antrin said:

Er...

I know you're aware that St Mirren’s home crowd has also significantly increased over the last couple of seasons, so Saints ALSO could have followed suit ?  Same with financial income, much more money is coming in than previously.

more home crowd, more money, just different moral values supported by dubious sleight-of-hand rationalising.

Exactly!

it is an indelible stain on the club's character that it forces its fans young & old to be kicked out of their seats, or have to pay a ludicrous sum to attend games against just two clubs!

it is a rip off!

11 minutes ago, antrin said:

Er...

Sure has, we still don’t have a very big away stand & the increase isn’t enough in mine or apparently GLS opinion to not give them two stands. Although he’s on record saying if they do continue to grow we’ll review. 

As for much more money, it isn’t much more than expected for being in the SP when the initial arrangement came into place so that’s wrong. 

We are well on our way & we should be very positive about the growth in our fanbase attending games recently but we are not yet in a position to mirror Killie. A lot of other SP clubs still give the bigots more seats, why should we mirror one & not the others 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Our home crowd has grown & our season ticket sales did go up. You’re really having a nightmare here aren’t you? :lol: those stats existing doesn’t mean we’re in the same situation as 3rd place finishing Kilmarnock. 

You systematically destroy all of your own points. It is a great read lol.

i wonder how the bigot brothers fans would react if their clubs put over 20% on ticket prices to host St mirren, let alone kick ST holders and children out of their seats?

keep on destroying your points bud, its classic!

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Exactly!

it is an indelible stain on the club's character that it forces its fans young & old to be kicked out of their seats, or have to pay a ludicrous sum to attend games against just two clubs!

it is a rip off!

Young fans can go to all home games a season including four against the bigots if we ended up in the top six for as little as £1.05 each more spin from you pointed out as a lie. 

Taking the most expensive possible outcome & presenting it as if it’s the only way is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Ah.

so it’s shifting the goalposts time again, is it?

So now Saints can’t take a moral decision affecting their fans unless Saints finish 3rd in the league...   :o

wow! 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Sure has, we still don’t have a very big away stand & the increase isn’t enough in mine or apparently GLS opinion to not give them two stands. Although he’s on record saying if they do continue to grow we’ll review. 

As for much more money, it isn’t much more than expected for being in the SP when the initial arrangement came into place so that’s wrong. 

We are well on our way & we should be very positive about the growth in our fanbase attending games recently but we are not yet in a position to mirror Killie. A lot of other SP clubs still give the bigots more seats, why should we mirror one & not the others 

Come on, bazil!

You’re on more shifting sands than the Sahara!

you know this is no more than dissembling.

you are often (ok sometimes....) better than this!

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

You systematically destroy all of your own points. It is a great read lol.

i wonder how the bigot brothers fans would react if their clubs put over 20% on ticket prices to host St mirren, let alone kick ST holders and children out of their seats?

keep on destroying your points bud, its classic!

I don’t though, that’s you just continuing to lie, something you do an awful lot. Although feel free to redeem yourself by pointing out where I’ve said our increase in home ticket sales has now put us on par with Killie & that we should mirror their decision. 😁 

Their fans already pay a lot more to watch them than ours do & you still ignore other ticket options. More spin and again so easily caught out. 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Young fans can go to all home games a season including four against the bigots if we ended up in the top six for as little as £1.05 each more spin from you pointed out as a lie. 

Taking the most expensive possible outcome & presenting it as if it’s the only way is ridiculous. 

Plain lie above!

if you dont have a ST you get hugely ripped off at bigot games as a child or family. You do know some people cant afford a ST, or indeed wont now buy one as they get kicked out of their safe seating area?

people including familes and children are voting with their feet on this, it will never go away until the out of touch board see sense. There will be hugely embarrassing scenes of swathes of empty home support seats broad ast around the world on Sunday!

when even a large amount of ST holders will stay away because the club chose Bigotry funding over its Own families and children support!

looking forward to hearing Sutton & Co when they highlight this!

1 minute ago, antrin said:

Come on, bazil!

You’re on more shifting sands than the Sahara!

you know this is no more than dissembling.

you are often (ok sometimes....) better than this!

There is absolutely no ‘shifting sands’ 

- last season seen record season ticket sales at new stadium 

- record home crowds as well 

- our first sellout. 

All fantastic, great movement in the right decision.  

That does not negate the fact our stadium design does not allow for as large away fan numbers in one stand as a team like Killie. It also doesn’t change the fact we can still fit all home fans at these games in two stands. Bigger crowds & income does not negate that we should explore options to increase both of these further. The first points aren’t contradictory to the last. 

“Killie having bigger stands & an increased home crowd/ financial income over the last couple seasons to make that decision” 

we have the latter but not to the extent to make that decision. Simple points I thought 

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Plain lie above!

if you dont have a ST you get hugely ripped off at bigot games as a child or family. You do know some people cant afford a ST, or indeed wont now buy one as they get kicked out of their safe seating area?

people including familes and children are voting with their feet on this, it will never go away until the out of touch board see sense. There will be hugely embarrassing scenes of swathes of empty home support seats broad ast around the world on Sunday!

when even a large amount of ST holders will stay away because the club chose Bigotry funding over its Own families and children support!

looking forward to hearing Sutton & Co when they highlight this!

so not a plain lie because I was talking about season ticket holders. More spin pointed out, no luck.  

You do know that young fans can pay to go to games from as little as £3 for other games? Over the season it allows for a very reasonable price to attend games, more negative spin, your go to. 

Rest of your stuff is all broken record. take comfort in our fan numbers seemingly increasing & the arrangement having no clear impact. Best you can do because you’re powerless to impact the arrangement :thumbs2

21 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Killie for years milked the OF to help pay for Plastic pitches and the like, Sometimes they gave away three stands to maximise the revenue. Let’s see how long they keep this up. Please note that I am in favour of their approach now.

LPM will completely ignore this. He is selective about anything to do with other clubs (or internal club subjects for that matter), only picking elements which allows him to have the most negative outlook possible on SMFC. 

3 hours ago, Yflab said:

Killie for years milked the OF to help pay for Plastic pitches and the like, Sometimes they gave away three stands to maximise the revenue. Let’s see how long they keep this up. Please note that I am in favour of their approach now.

I agree, but they took the decision to start looking after their own, and we have a chairman that wont honour his word.