Kibble/SMiSA Partnership

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Says the guy talking in the mirror.
I hope you'll accept the democratic decision when the better considered smisa members kick this disaster into touch!

Better than howling at the moon I’d say…  

I sure will, can’t imagine the same goes for you it if wins. Let’s not forget you cancelled your membership because less than 1% of members agreed with a proposal you backed (not by voting as we know)

With your moaning about community and charitable benefits over the last four years, you’re a perfect example of damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Your view has went full 180, not for the first time.

10 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

So, what are SMiSA selling?  Shares they don't own?  How much are SMiSA getting for these shares that they don't own.  Will it be enough to cover the cost of GLS's remaining shares and buy a controlling interest in SMFC immediately?  HMM, sell some of GLS's shares to Kibble and use that money to buy the rest of GLS's shares.  Totally genius.

Could turn that into a valid question though that Smisa maybe should/could be asking for a higher percentage of shares an alternative so split is more 80/20 for example giving less leverage if overwhelming concern for the current one. Loads of questions, possibilities and clarification required.

39 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

When this clusterf**k proposal is crushed, that Smisa committee needs to be voted out!

Who they f**k are they representing? It sure aint the people who are Financing BtB.

The ones that are going to vote them out.  :whistle

Guest TPAFKATS
This is why we are in a consoltation period, people are free to clarify either at the Q&A or to email questions. Like any similar announcement, there is a requirement for the summary to be appropriate high level detail. 
Here's the proposal that we are looking to get SMISA members to approve. (not a majority of members just more yes votes than no in an online vote?)

If you would like a concise and transparent explanation of the proposal to give a third party seperate entity a 27% stake in SMFC please come to the meeting in a weeks time and hope your question gets answered.

Meanwhile here's the wall to wall coverage in favour of it that we are pushing in all media.

Here's the proposal that we are looking to get SMISA members to approve. (not a majority of members just more yes votes than no in an online vote?)

If you would like a concise and transparent explanation of the proposal to give a third party seperate entity a 27% stake in SMFC please come to the meeting in a weeks time and hope your question gets answered.

Meanwhile here's the wall to wall coverage in favour of it that we are pushing in all media.
Something as major as this should require a majority of the total membership to be in favour.

Guest TPAFKATS
Are you incapable of editing a quote?
Another great reply. Deflection again.
Back to the original conversation, which you produced a pretty garbled reply to but hey I let it go at the time...

24 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
43 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Something as major as this should require a majority of the total membership to be in favour.

Agree wholeheartedly, however SMISA suffer from voter apathy.

Guest TPAFKATS

Does your reply make any sense?
Still no relevant response to my initial post.

For me, this is one of the biggest events to happen in over 40 years of supporting St. Mirren.
Most posters whether for, against or undecided are having a rational debate about it.
You are pointing out issues with quoting and other people's grammatical errors.

Stop trying to be a smart arse.

57 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

We can decide who runs the country, if we leave the EU or if Scotland should break up a centuries old union on less than a majority of voters in this country. I hardly think a SMISA vote needs to be concerned too much with people choosing not to vote. However, given how emotive and significant this is, I fully expect a majority of members to vote on it.

If you would like a concise and transparent explanation of the proposal to give a third party separate entity a 27% stake in SMFC please come to the meeting in a weeks time and hope your question gets answered.

I intend to, my point has been on the current available info. I can’t fault SMISA or Kibble on their approach.

Don’t believe there’s anything that stops members of SMISA, committee or otherwise expressing their views on such a deal. Personally I have a lot of time for them and welcome their view on the subject. Are you suggesting though that members won’t be able to come to their own conclusions?

Guest TPAFKATS
"the majority of the SMFC board will be SMISA-appointed"
That doesn't quite clarify it for me

How will they achieve this?

Smisa and SMFC are separate entities. Smisa don't currently have a majority on the board and won't with this proposal so how will they get one?

Guest TPAFKATS
https://www.smisa.net/buythebuds/kibble-faq
Suppose you either believe these or not
"The three-way agreement in place between the three main shareholders (SMISA, Gordon and Kibble) would ensure major decisions or changes to the way the company runs (such as the appointment or removal of board members) could only happen if all three parties agreed."

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
8 minutes ago, alanb said:
https://www.smisa.net/buythebuds/kibble-faq
Suppose you either believe these or not

"The three-way agreement in place between the three main shareholders (SMISA, Gordon and Kibble) would ensure major decisions or changes to the way the company runs (such as the appointment or removal of board members) could only happen if all three parties agreed."

That only relates to the interim period up until GLS is fully repaid 

More details of future arrangements given in other questions 

Guest TPAFKATS
That only relates to the interim period up until GLS is fully repaid 
More details of future arrangements given in other questions 
This bit?

"Once SMISA becomes majority shareholder we will appoint the majority of the club board. Any changes will require the mutual approval of SMISA and Kibble"

Guest TPAFKATS

Or this bit?
"So we want evolution rather than revolution and do not plan to make wholesale change. If things are going well at the point of takeover the sensible option would be for the board already in place to continue. SMISA and Kibble will have the power to make changes at any time should we feel that is what St Mirren needs, but we won’t make changes for the sake of it."

This bit?

"Once SMISA becomes majority shareholder we will appoint the majority of the club board. Any changes will require the mutual approval of SMISA and Kibble"

That’s one and several more issues are dealt with, including previous difficulties in getting potential board member candidates
A lot to take in and you either believe it or not

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

So, what are SMiSA selling?  Shares they don't own?  How much are SMiSA getting for these shares that they don't own.  Will it be enough to cover the cost of GLS's remaining shares and buy a controlling interest in SMFC immediately?  HMM, sell some of GLS's shares to Kibble and use that money to buy the rest of GLS's shares.  Totally genius.

SmiSA and Scott sold BtB on the basis that there would be a legally binding agreement to acquire his shares etc, fans would have control. Now, what is being proposed is somewhat different - fans ain't necessarily going to control anything, bar their egos thinking they control a top tier football team.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Still no relevant response to my initial post.

For me, this is one of the biggest events to happen in over 40 years of supporting St. Mirren.
Most posters whether for, against or undecided are having a rational debate about it.
You are pointing out issues with quoting and other people's grammatical errors.

Stop trying to be a smart arse.

Where?

It's certainly not on here.