Lord Pityme

Kibble/SMiSA Partnership Proposal (Merged)

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

I think it is quite insulting to describe the 91.6% as 'gullible'.

As with all major decisions in life - getting married, getting a new job, having children, buying a house, moving abroad, buying a car or a business arrangement - there are no accompanying 50 pages of cast iron guarantees in your favour covering any perceived eventuality you can dream up.  You are attracted to an idea then you investigate and get as many answers as possible and from the correct sources (not a forum) then you go with your gut instinct and if it feels right you go ahead and try to make it work. Things do not always work out the way you would want however they may turn out better and the best thing you had ever done. Its about trusting in yourself and those that you enter into the agreement with. Because you do not get the 50 pages of guarantees that suit you does not mean you are gullible. It is an informed decision.

Look who posted it.

Given his history his opinion isn't worth shit.

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

My initial point was correct that SMISA is over 120% (not 120% over the target that a further comment suggested) of the initial set target. I clarified what I meant by that because someone misinterpreted that I can’t work out a very simple percentage. You don’t need to believe me, he doesn’t need to believe me. It won’t stop it being true. 

I put my hands up to making a mistake in subsequent posts, that’s the admirable thing to do yet you can’t seem to let it go? I’d say that says more about you than it does me. As I have already said though my initial point stands up, it was simply misinterpreted. Again You don’t need to believe it and are welcome to think I can’t do basic calculations, it’s still not true. 

Sorry, bazil....

Disappearing.013.001

31 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Your behaviour on here borders on OCD.

Nobody else spends MONTHS and MONTHS posting exactly the same response on each topic.

That isn't normal. That isn't normal at all. We all know you THINK it's normal. But it isn't.

Why not be a normal person, post your view and then stop?

Why repeat precisely the same point hundreds of times on the same thread?

How many times have you posted that you believe Gordon's story about the 10% thing?

How many times have you posted a phrase about negative posters?

On both topics it is literally hundreds of times.

Nobody else does that on here.

Not even Dickson or LPM.

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Your behaviour on here borders on OCD.

Nobody else spends MONTHS and MONTHS posting exactly the same response on each topic.

That isn't normal. That isn't normal at all. We all know you THINK it's normal. But it isn't.

Why not be a normal person, post your view and then stop?

Why repeat precisely the same point hundreds of times on the same thread?

How many times have you posted that you believe Gordon's story about the 10% thing?

How many times have you posted a phrase about negative posters?

On both topics it is literally hundreds of times.

Nobody else does that on here.

Not even Dickson or LPM.

Got a gut feeling your dealing with some kind of electronic robotic device, no human could ever be so repetitive or annoying than this twat who seems capable of typing over a 100 words a minute robot GIF

39 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Time to close this subject

Maybe ayes Maybe naws.

The OP could remove the word “Proposal” from the title. We will still need to have an area to discuss the future developments of the “Partnership”. For historical reference it might be worth keeping this all in one place, so that someone can say “told ya so”.

20 hours ago, sally02 said:

The match has been cancelled tonight because Kibble require the pitch for a Rice planting work project!

Will St. Mirren or Kibble get the rice?

I believe all the rice products will be shipped to an undisclosed site in Ibrox as part of an existing previous agreement. This is due to the high number of non St Mirren supporting supporters on the board now...…….

Anyhoo

as a wee aside, i mentioned my request some weeks ago that Kibble furnish me with a copy of the original trust deed document which, according to their own group website, provides the basis for their values and governance.  

I got a reply from their information officer on Wednesday, who told me that he was out of office and that he would deal with my request on his return next week.  Conveniently, well after the close of the vote.

I wait to see if they do indeed share that document...

I don't think a dividend would be the most likely scenario. That would mean they'd only get a small percentage of the overall value. 

More likely would be an insistence that the £1m be used to develop or expand in the facilities that Kibble want to use to enable their ROI. 

I don’t think a dividend would be the most likely scenario either

Hence why I didn’t use that scenario in the post you’ve quoted

23 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Your initial post only referenced members, not financial targets, therefore your claim of 120% in that post was factually incorrect. Again, this is exactly what I was talking about when I said that you try to claim that it is others that don't understand when, in reality, it is your use of language that has been incorrect.

You’re wrong, my initial post was about the financial targets. That’s the way it should have been interpreted, I thought it was clear given the obvious percentage calculation. Someone misunderstood so I clarified. Again I don’t need you to believe me, it won’t stop it being true. Why’s it so important to you to keep going on about it? 

Putting hands up to a mistake is just what normal people do, they don't go around claiming to have done something "admirable" like they are trying get a pat on the back. Get over yourself.

What normal people would do is drop the subject, you seem incapable of doing it even after I put my hands up. This is the only reason I brought it up. Also worth noting you have been wrong countless times, I don’t recall you once admitting it.

Your initial point was not misinterpreted, it was incorrectly worded and, in reality, meant something totally different to what you intended. That is the fact of the matter, but you just seem unable to grasp it.

again you’re wrong, I don’t need you to accept that you’re wrong or believe me when I say it but it won’t stop it being true. 

Since you don't say which company, I have no way of knowing if you are correct or not but, assuming you are, how was this paid? In a dividend, by chance? Or did they just take the money from that one deal and share it out in brown envelopes?

Yeh, they effectively took the money from that deal and shared it out in brown envelopes

39 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Since you don't say which company, I have no way of knowing if you are correct or not but, assuming you are, how was this paid? In a dividend, by chance? Or did they just take the money from that one deal and share it out in brown envelopes?

I’d assume he means Standard Life. I never received my money in brown envelopes.

https://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/news/standard-life-shareholders-set-for-1-75bn-payout-following-sale-of-canadian-arm/a770196

I'm not in the habit of providing supporting evidence for other people's claims, that's their job. 

"It wasn't" what?

I didn’t make a claim. I stated a fact.

And I have no obligation to provide you with any evidence. I neither know nor care whether you believe it

And I think he is saying that the return of capital wasn’t made in the form of a dividend

It was made in the form of, er, a return of capital.

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

1. When was the last time Saints were part owned by a third party organisation?

2. I give in. Quote me the relevant sections about dividends as you obviously know

3. One of the main drivers of share prices is the dividend.

The main driver of share price is demand for the share and THAT is driven by the share being undervalued by the market. At least that is how sane people decide whether or not to buy shares. Buying because of dividend payouts is f**king lunacy because it tells you nothing about the underlying stability of the company. The world is full of people who lost everything because of the sort of stupid decision making you refer to. What you are describing amounts to nothing more than speculative gambling.

I think we can safely ignore your other comments about dividends.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Explain exactly how that comes about. The profit will be SMFCs not Kibbles so how could money belonging to SMFC be spent on Kibble projects when they will only have 25% representation. Do you think having a % share entitles them to take that % of the company's profit to spend as they wish ?

If everyone agrees, yes.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The main driver of share price is demand for the share and THAT is driven by the share being undervalued by the market. At least that is how sane people decide whether or not to buy shares. Buying because of dividend payouts is f**king lunacy because it tells you nothing about the underlying stability of the company. The world is full of people who lost everything because of the sort of stupid decision making you refer to. What you are describing amounts to nothing more than speculative gambling.

Oh spot the looney spot spot spot the lunatic......

1 hour ago, Dickson said:

You claim to be a businessman Oaksoft. Would you sign away control of your business without covering as many bases as possible in a water tight legal agreement? Would you think it was sensible to think through as many scenarios as possible and to protect yourself from them, or would you think that was an illness and sign your life away regardless? 

In this specific case gullible is exactly the right word. Look at the facts. 

• The SMISA committee believe they aren't competent enough to grow the football club themselves
  • They recommend a proposal that sees a third party come in to attempt to grow the football club for them
  • Around 91% of the SMISA membership hear the committee members they elected to represent them tell them they aren't competent. 
  • And they then vote in favour of the third party coming in without any sight of the legal agreement and without answers to many of the pertinent questions being raised.

Yet you think I'm the one who has the illness. 

None of that first paragraph is relevant because that's not the point I was raising.

You think everyone is stupid except you.

You think everyone is incompetent except you.

You believe both of these things are true across multiple disciplines.

Classic narcissism.

Yes I think you have an illness.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

In response to you making similar points. If someone asks me what colour the grass is, I’m not going to change from saying it’s green 😂

People don#t have an issue with you saying the grass is green FFS.

Sigh!

People have a problem with you saying that it's green 500 times over 9 months though.

That's the point.

Edited by oaksoft

The main driver of share price is demand for the share and THAT is driven by the share being undervalued by the market. At least that is how sane people decide whether or not to buy shares. Buying because of dividend payouts is f**king lunacy because it tells you nothing about the underlying stability of the company. The world is full of people who lost everything because of the sort of stupid decision making you refer to. What you are describing amounts to nothing more than speculative gambling. I think we can safely ignore your other comments about dividends.

Oh dear. What do you think drives that demand?

Deary me.

I like your use of the word “we” in the final sentence

This has to be one of biggest fails yet

I think “we” can safely ignore all your comments in all your posts.

58 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Sorry Oaksoft, but there are many examples of investors who specially choose dividend yield stocks as a strategy. One notable “extraordinary” example is Warren Buffett. But many “ordinary” people also choose this strategy of “buy and hold” with stocks that yield quality dividends. Some will reinvest the dividends, others live off the dividends as a form of passive income.

Warren Buffet does a hell of a lot more than look at dividend prices.

He specifically targets companies for very long term investments so he analyses the underlying strength of the business.

With respect, many ordinary share buyers have no idea what they are doing and couldn't tell a solid business from a weak one.

6 minutes ago, Dickson said:

Oaksoft. That's not true. There's many strategies which traders follow in order to get the best return on investment. Buying shares for a stable and reasonably guaranteed dividend return is one of the most traditional ones - and one of the safer ones. It's why so many pension funds hold such large stakes in "Blue Chip" companies. 

I didn't say that consideration of dividends didn't happen and I didn't say that you shouldn't do it at all.

I am saying that it's lunacy to rely on dividends alone.

I can assure you that pension companies do not look at dividends in isolation. They are risk averse and want to identify stable companies. You can't tell that from dividend payments alone.

OK I've said my piece on this and I've nothing to add.

Edited by oaksoft

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Pension companies buy into companies for dividends ie. income to pay their clients.  How many pension companies have gone burst?  The pension industry is immense and for those who buy shares solely on the share price are speculators who buy and sell shares as the market fluctuates.

7 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Oh dear. What do you think drives that demand? emoji23.png

Deary me.

I like your use of the word “we” in the final sentence

This has to be one of biggest fails yet

I think “we” can safely ignore all your comments in all your posts.

Sorry but I am not about to carry on arguing against the wall of stupidity you are presenting to me. 

Invest your money as you wish.

I'll leave you to talk to others about this.