Coronavirus

faraway saint

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I guess it's because their politicians are as brainless as politicians everywhere else.

They saw it as a low priority because they have shut their borders and eliminated cases so they can all party in the streets. The second they open the borders to trade though....

Once they hit zero cases, they should have take the vaccine as soon as it was approved. That was a golden opportunity missed.

trade disnae necessarily involve thoosans o punters whirlin aroon, so opening borders for that to proceed or continue is irrelevant - as long as the port/airport/border workers are ok - and they are/will be.

It's tourists and supposed 'travellers for business' who might present incoming problems.

Also NZ hasn't missed a vaccinations opportunity - just not hugely publicised... as BtB mentions below.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Their PM said they were gonna wait and see... 

They have already vaccinated "18,000 workers within NZ's border regime and their families" and announced general roll out plans 3 days ago!

9 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The love that dare not s'peak its name.

@antrin Just to clarify that in the original poem there was no apostrophe...

It would stick oot like a sore thumb if ye put one in.  See my FIFY...

HTH!  :)

15 minutes ago, antrin said:

trade disnae necessarily involve thoosans o punters whirlin aroon, so opening borders for that to proceed or continue is irrelevant - as long as the port/airport/border workers are ok - and they are/will be.

It's tourists and supposed 'travellers for business' who might present incoming problems.

And their sports teams, athletes and anyone who doesn't fancy staying in one country for an extended period of time including those who need to visit friends or family or attend funerals in another country. That's before we talk about those who want to travel, explore, emigrate or an endless list of other reasons for wanting to cross their borders.

Then there's the problem of what they do if they have a plane crash or another natural disaster like a tsunami, an earthquake, a food type they don't currently produce themselves, medicines or anything else which requires outside agencies to help them.

As for cases and vaccines, they are not anywhere near 100% effective at killing transmission or catching it and we've seen you only need one case to breach the seemingly impenetrable border and it can go everywhere very quickly.

Good luck to them, it's their country but to think they can just close their borders and adopt vaccinations at a snail's pace is complacency.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And their sports teams, athletes and anyone who doesn't fancy staying in one country for an extended period of time including those who need to visit friends or family or attend funerals in another country. That's before we talk about those who want to travel, explore, emigrate or an endless list of other reasons for wanting to cross their borders.

Then there's the problem of what they do if they have a plane crash or another natural disaster like a tsunami, an earthquake, a food type they don't currently produce themselves, medicines or anything else which requires outside agencies to help them.

You specifically spoke of troubles when they opened their borders to trade.  I specifically explained why trade would not be impacted.  So.... STILL... noone of your dramatically defensive outburst in the two paras above is about f**kin trade! 😛

And as for the following.... I think most on here were not unaware already...   but thank you for stating the bleeding obvious, anyway.  :rolleyes:

As for cases and vaccines, they are not anywhere near 100% effective at killing transmission or catching it and we've seen you only need one case to breach the seemingly impenetrable border and it can go everywhere very quickly.

Good luck to them, it's their country but to think they can just close their borders and adopt vaccinations at a snail's pace is complacency.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

When they open to trade they'll see cases go up because it only needs one case to breach their borders and run riot in an almost totally un-vaccinated population. That would have the high potential for undoing the enormous sacrifices the NZ people have had to endure for a year. To say there would be no impact because of trade is ridiculous nonsense.

What part of that do you feel needs sneering at you old crusty buffoon?

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

When they open to trade they'll see cases go up because it only needs one case to breach their borders and run riot in an almost totally un-vaccinated population. That would have the high potential for undoing the enormous sacrifices the NZ people have had to endure for a year. To say there would be no impact because of trade is ridiculous nonsense.

What part of that do you feel needs sneering at you old crusty buffoon?

The evident stupidity in me specifically correcting you on TRADE and you then going on to talk about all aspects of travel except Trade!

Trade is a process whereby countries can communicate without actually all their inhabitants travelling everywhere, their products and services can be bought and sold without physical human interaction, travel and being infected.

YOU then talked about ALL the other human travel that can generate infections - sports events, friends and families, funerals and tourists. 

If you don't understand that simple truth, then I'm not surprised that you can't see a painfully obvious connection between your outrageous ageist crap and an abject attack on other people whom you deem to be sexist.

Big Glass Houses in your part of town, are they?

Ad hominems are 10 a penny from blustering fools.    :whistle

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

The evident stupidity in me specifically correcting you on TRADE and you then going on to talk about all aspects of travel except Trade!

Trade is a process whereby countries can communicate without actually all their inhabitants travelling everywhere, their products and services can be bought and sold without physical human interaction, travel and being infected.

YOU then talked about ALL the other human travel that can generate infections - sports events, friends and families, funerals and tourists. 

If you don't understand that simple truth, then I'm not surprised that you can't see a painfully obvious connection between your outrageous ageist crap and an abject attack on other people whom you deem to be sexist.

Big Glass Houses in your part of town, are they?

Ad hominems are 10 a penny from blustering fools.    :whistle

Replace TRADE with ANYTHING! :whistle

My favourite hominems are the blue ones...See the source image

54 minutes ago, antrin said:

What the f**k are you wittering on about? :lol:

Perhaps you think trade is done via teleporting or magic flying carpets.

You know Harry Potter isn't real right? :lol:

Oh and who talked about ALL of their inhabitants travelling everywhere? I don't mind a heated argument but if you're just straight up going to make shit up then I'll leave you to it.

ETA. I can't believe you actually got a "like" for that nonsensical post. Then I saw who had liked it and it all made sense. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

What the f**k are you wittering on about? :lol:

Perhaps you think trade is done via teleporting or magic flying carpets.

You know Harry Potter isn't real right? :lol:

Oh and who talked about ALL of their inhabitants travelling everywhere? I don't mind a heated argument but if you're just straight up going to make shit up then I'll leave you to it.

ETA. I can't believe you actually got a "like" for that nonsensical post. Then I saw who had liked it and it all made sense. :lol:

You're thick and avoiding your ageist abuse.

Try hitting on a woman instead of your elders - that is possibly morally more sound.

Edited by antrin

13 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

Sarah Everard: Police clash with women at Clapham vigil https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56389824

When the white woke middle class left lockdown clashes with a white woke middle class left cause....

We're public guardians bold yet wary,

And of ourselves we take good care,

To risk our precious lives we're chary,

When danger looms we're never there,

But when we see a helpless woman,

Or little boys that do not harm,

We run them in, We run them in,

We run them in, We run them in,

We show them we're the Bold Gendarmes

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

So, thousands of people gather in London and there's no outcry on here?

I'm sure one of these protesters were wearing a red white and blue dress, would that help? 

Disregard for public safety but it's ok, it's all in a good cause. 

Nope.

I think it's unacceptable.

No matter what the cause, they have broken the rules. 

However, they weren't pissed up arseholes. They wore masks and they didn't seem intent on vandalising their surroundings.

Edited by FTOF

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No need for the "however" 

There is indeed.

Other than the fact that they broke the rules, any attempt to compare the behaviour of women last night with the bigot hordes form last week, is like comparing sugar to shite.

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There is indeed.

Other than the fact that they broke the rules, any attempt to compare the behaviour of women last night with the bigot hordes form last week, is like comparing sugar to shite.

Not all were pissed, not all are arseholes and not all vandalised public property. 

No need to thank me for correcting you. 

8 minutes ago, Buddiememories said:

Spoken like a true blue nose who has never been in the Home End at Love Street and Greenhill Road.

I have over 50 years of St Mirren memories.

Teacher's Pet has zero and he is older than me.

Maybe, he went to the Speedway to see The Lions after being at Ibrox earlier on the Saturday afternoon.

A FAKE SAINT

^^^^^^ Absolutely fizzing, calm down Mabel, you'll have a wee turn. :lol:

PS Why are you upset? I'm genuinely interested. 

Edited by faraway saint

Just now, Buddiememories said:

And to think, you accuse Oaky of being a non Saints fan.

Your usual hypocrisy.

Do you still believe it's the Flu ?

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Why are you upset? I'm genuinely interested. 

Please explain, it'll do you good, get it off your chest, it can't be good for you carrying all that anger. 

1 hour ago, Buddiememories said:

Having a fun time seeing you getting triggered and crying and telling lies to Teacher.

As,I said, the best is yet to come.

Better keep your hotline open to the Forum Owner.

Lies? Can you show me these lies?

if you can't best you stop crying all over the forum, it's excruciatingly embarrassing, albeit slightly amusing.