Effect of Coronavirus

faraway saint

I used to work in a clean room environment for an electronics company back in the 90s , we wore masks for most of our 12 hour shift! You get used to it after a wee while. 
We still have to in some of our secured environments however no one is in there more than 20-30 mins at a time. I had mine on at Morrisons on Friday and still had it on my the time I got home, hadn't realised but I have had to wear it on the train for a wee while now. Soon becomes pretty normal.

Just at back in the car after first shopping trip wearing a mask.

Utter shite experience. 

Feck wearing one on the plane all the way to Tenerife. [emoji107]

Agree 100% re holidays. I had looked at a weekend in London but saw the likes of the Eye and river cruises hadn't restarted plus no Theatres so not much point. Need CalMac to up ferry capacity before that becomes an option too. Stuck for now especially with NS again refusing to rule out quarantine returning from England or the other UK nations.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Agree 100% re holidays. I had looked at a weekend in London but saw the likes of the Eye and river cruises hadn't restarted plus no Theatres so not much point. Need CalMac to up ferry capacity before that becomes an option too. Stuck for now especially with NS again refusing to rule out quarantine returning from England or the other UK nations.

What's so bad at home that so many people seem almost desperate to go away? Inverlochy Castle Hotel, Glenapp and Gleneagles will all be open soon. Plenty to do there. 

What's so bad at home that so many people seem almost desperate to go away? Inverlochy Castle Hotel, Glenapp and Gleneagles will all be open soon. Plenty to do there. 

Ain't much to keep a family active and interested at these places. More your Saga type weekend. Oh and you need to point out to me what routes outwith "home" Calmac have started running !

15 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah I get that. I think even without masks, a holiday abroad isn't going to be enjoyable right now for most people with all the restrictions going on. Especially with the cost of it.

My brother is in Spain right now and says it's absolutely fine although I accept it's not for everyone. He reckons that the hotels are at about 20% capacity so plenty of room to spread out. They've stopped for beers and been out for meals and never at any point felt there were too many people in one space, they've also not felt that any aspect of their holiday has been diminished by any restricitions…...that said they are neither beach-goers or clubbers. They also said the flight was fine although their was no trolley service.

I accept it's not for everybody but each to their own, my other half and I are off to Crete in October (hopefully).

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Ain't much to keep a family active and interested at these places. More your Saga type weekend. Oh and you need to point out to me what routes outwith "home" Calmac have started running !

Gleneagles has golf, pool and spa, shootIng, archery, tennis, equestrian and lots more. More reasonably priced are the Caley at Gatehouse of Fleet or Ardoe House up near Aberdeen. Great golf range at the foot of the drive and some good short courses not far away. People also recommend the Boat Hotel  in Boat of Garten.. No ferries needed. 

Edited by St.Ricky

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Calmac are both increasing the number of sailings (15th July) and the travelling capacity on their vessels (10th July).

From their website "however from 10 July, some areas of public transport can move to a 1m rule where strict conditions and mitigations are in place.

We have assessed the effect of a reduction in social distancing to 1m on our vessels. We have incorporated this into our fleet capacity in line with official guidelines.  

Moving to 1m is a significant change will result in more capacity being released across our network".....

29 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Calmac are both increasing the number of sailings (15th July) and the travelling capacity on their vessels (10th July).

From their website "however from 10 July, some areas of public transport can move to a 1m rule where strict conditions and mitigations are in place.

We have assessed the effect of a reduction in social distancing to 1m on our vessels. We have incorporated this into our fleet capacity in line with official guidelines.  

Moving to 1m is a significant change will result in more capacity being released across our network".....

Visited Islay and Mull in the past. Never been to Islay. There is a decent family hotel on Arran, I'm told. Auchrannie. Friends and family have used it. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Yip, karaoke in Tenerife is back..............................with some slight additions to the equipment.
108314755_2701054073327888_3182756556015555959_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107%26_nc_sid=110474%26_nc_ohc=_inupBc9P-MAX8cM2e0%26_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx%26_nc_tp=7%26oh=643ab95148d57eb443c7aa73855444ed%26oe=5F31B2D8&key=843214c331a89e53e8a1c9a24a5a6526e77b0f0347af9830a1fe9591352b2751
Spain surely on the verge of new restrictions, well over 2000 new cases yesterday and it's no longer restricted to a couple of "hot spots". Add foreign tourists in the mix and it's a recipe for a far wider spread. Similar starting to emerge in Greece now who are close to record daily new cases after largely missing the initial surge.

On 7/13/2020 at 7:50 AM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Ayrshire Saint is a broad canvas.  Arran Saint might have made Ricky’s reply more helpful.  :)
Might....

nonetheless....

On 7/13/2020 at 11:29 AM, St.Ricky said:

Visited Islay and Mull in the past. Never been to Islay. There is a decent family hotel on Arran, I'm told. Auchrannie. Friends and family have used it. 

from Ricky’s  POV Auchrannie isnae a bad shout.  When I went to the Arran hills last year, I went Airbnb, some of the party stayed in Auchrannie, so we ate and drank there a few times.  

it looked good, was well run....   And was a wee bit dear....

Although this...

“Visited Islay and Mull in the past. Never been to Islay. “

...baffles me...   :unsure:

Edited by antrin

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Ayrshire Saint is a broad canvas.  Arran Saint might have made Ricky’s reply more helpful.  :)
Might....

nonetheless....

from Ricky’s  POV Auchrannie isnae a bad shout.  When I went to the Arran hills last year, I went Airbnb, some of the party stayed in Auchrannie, so we ate and drank there a few times.  

it looked good, was well run....   And was a wee bit dear....

Although this...

“Visited Islay and Mull in the past. Never been to Islay. “

...baffles me...   :unsure:

Baffles me as well.... Never been to Arran. Thanks Antrin

My company must be kicking themselves.

They took us back when the workload was still on the low side.

Could/should have kept us off another 3 weeks, at least, and they would have been able to claim £1000 for each furloughed employee.

We're picking up, work wise, a wee bit now but not exactly over the top. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

My company must be kicking themselves.

They took us back when the workload was still on the low side.

Could/should have kept us off another 3 weeks, at least, and they would have been able to claim £1000 for each furloughed employee.

We're picking up, work wise, a wee bit now but not exactly over the top. 

Your company must be kicking themselves giving you a job in the first place