Jump to content

faraway saint

Effect of Coronavirus

Recommended Posts


37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Good news, I'm rich. 🙄

The quote was from a larger interview given by the Bank of England's chief economist Andy Haldane who is pinning his hopes on a spending spree from Covid's financial winners to counter the economic downturn being caused by Covid and Brexit - so get spending.

 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bud the Baker said:

The quote was from a larger interview given by the Bank of England's chief economist Andy Haldane who was pinning his hopes on a spending spree from Covid's financial winners to counter the economic downturn caused by Covid and Brexit - so get spending.

 

What would you like? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The quote was from a larger interview given by the Bank of England's chief economist Andy Haldane who is pinning his hopes on a spending spree from Covid's financial winners to counter the economic downturn caused by Covid and Brexit - so get spending.

 

Maybe more people should follow these simple guidelines to financial independence.....

1. Avoid Debt;

2. Spend less than you earn;

3. Invest the difference.

My kids are nearing the end of their school education and not once have they been taught basic financial education regarding items like PAYE Taxes, National Insurance, Pensions, Benefits system, Mortgages, Credit Cards, Loans, Interest repayments, etc.

They can however list all the nicknames for class A, B and C drugs as well as understanding all the different genders and religious festivals around the world.

It rips ma knitting so it does seeing so many people lumbered with mortgages they can’t afford, loans that they struggle with repayments, credit card debts with enormous interest penalties. Don’t even get me started on the people who get sucked into long contracts for mobile phones and TV-Broadband deals.

When they lose their jobs or suffer ill health all these companies will want their pound of flesh. It’s frightening to think that Britons owe so much in consumer debt.

Total household debt in Great Britain was £1.28 trillion in April 2016 to March 2018, of which £119 billion (9%) was financial debt and £1.16 trillion (91%) was property debt (mortgages and equity release).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Maybe more people should follow these simple guidelines to financial independence.....

1. Avoid Debt;

2. Spend less than you earn;

3. Invest the difference.

My kids are nearing the end of their school education and not once have they been taught basic financial education regarding items like PAYE Taxes, National Insurance, Pensions, Benefits system, Mortgages, Credit Cards, Loans, Interest repayments, etc.

They can however list all the nicknames for class A, B and C drugs as well as understanding all the different genders and religious festivals around the world.

It rips ma knitting so it does seeing so many people lumbered with mortgages they can’t afford, loans that they struggle with repayments, credit card debts with enormous interest penalties. Don’t even get me started on the people who get sucked into long contracts for mobile phones and TV-Broadband deals.

When they lose their jobs or suffer ill health all these companies will want their pound of flesh. It’s frightening to think that Britons owe so much in consumer debt.

Total household debt in Great Britain was £1.28 trillion in April 2016 to March 2018, of which £119 billion (9%) was financial debt and £1.16 trillion (91%) was property debt (mortgages and equity release).

Maybe I should've posted a link to the whole article where he says that Covid's financial winners banked £100 billion between March & September by savings made from working at home coupled with spending less on holidays, social activities etc...

UK public's £100bn Covid savings could help recovery, says Haldane | Business | The Guardian

The idea of raising taxes remains a remote possibility, so harden your hearts as we head into Austerity2!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Maybe I should've posted a link to the whole article where he says that Covid's financial winners banked £100 billion between March & September by savings made from working at home coupled with spending less on holidays, social activities etc...

UK public's £100bn Covid savings could help recovery, says Haldane | Business | The Guardian

The idea of raising taxes remains a remote possibility, so harden your hearts as we head into Austerity2!

Feck that I’ll be sailing away in my yacht to my new home in Monaco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultimate kick in the teeth - Debenham's sold to a business complicit in not paying it's workers the minimum wage and undermining safe working practices during the pandemic? Yup we're certainly all in it together...

Debenhams shops to close permanently after Boohoo deal - BBC News

Quote

Fashion retailer Boohoo has bought the Debenhams brand and website for £55m.

However, it will not take on any of the firm's remaining 118 High Street stores or its workforce.

 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Ultimate kick in the teeth - Debenham's sold to a business complicit in not paying it's workers the minimum wage and undermining safe working practices during the pandemic? Yup we're certainly all in it together...

Debenhams shops to close permanently after Boohoo deal - BBC News

 

f**k Debenhams. 15 stores in Scotland but not in the biggest town. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

f**k Debenhams. 15 stores in Scotland but not in the biggest town. 

I remember buying a Christmas pressie in there a few years ago (quite a few years now I guess) and the checkout girl commented on my St. Mirren tammy - I asked if she was a Saints fan, there's quite a few in Ayr, she said no but that she was a Steven Thompson fan...:cloud9

I guess it would just've been after he started doing commentaries on't Telly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 year interest free loan of £1M available.
 
 
Cool.

Take the £1m, put it in an interest paying account, after 20 years the loan is paid but we still have all the interest which due to inflation, may be enough to buy a bar of soap for Greenock to share.

You know it makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slarti said:

Cool.

Take the £1m, put it in an interest paying account, after 20 years the loan is paid but we still have all the interest which due to inflation, may be enough to buy a bar of soap for Greenock to share.

You know it makes sense.

Do I need to give you a lesson in morals young man?

You've got enough to say about "Tory cunts".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do I need to give you a lesson in morals young man?
You've got enough to say about "Tory cunts".
I don't believe that I have ever used that phrase on this site. I mean, they are, but I just don't think that I've ever said so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Do I need to give you a lesson in morals young man?

You've got enough to say about "Tory cunts".

From a guy that thinks it's morally right that drug dealers should be imprisoned for life and given zero opportunity for rehabilitation or to contribute to society again. :whistle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slarti said:
9 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Do I need to give you a lesson in morals young man?
You've got enough to say about "Tory cunts".

I don't believe that I have ever used that phrase on this site. I mean, they are, but I just don't think that I've ever said so.

I don't recall you using that phrase either.

Another sign he's losing the plot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

My travel destinations.....................everyone a cracking read. 

No photo description available.

I’ve read that over in China they are now doing anal swabs for covid.

When are you booking a flight to Beijing to get tested then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2020 at 10:21 AM, Bud the Baker said:

We're all in it togrther...

 

The policies that *you* support are the cause of this.

Your support of a middle class left driven lockdown which protects the well off while throwing the poor, the elderly and the vulnerable was bound to end like this.

And the great tragedy is that’s it’s killing people who had years to live while saving no-one.

Your virtue, their death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



The policies that *you* support are the cause of this.
Your support of a middle class left driven lockdown which protects the well off while throwing the poor, the elderly and the vulnerable was bound to end like this.
And the great tragedy is that’s it’s killing people who had years to live while saving no-one.
Your virtue, their death. 


Where did they throw them?

Quarantine doesn't protect anyone?

Mmmmmm, has someone been sampling from the sherry cupboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...