Jump to content

St Mirren v St Johnstone, Sunday 29th August


Recommended Posts

After yesterday's mauling we seriously need something against St Johnstone.

I'm starting to get that "can't see us winning any game" feeling so a win here would, hopefully, lift the club, players and support.

A loss, well, a worrying situation without shouting about sacking the manager, the pressure will be on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


53 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Am still intending coming up on Sunday, my boy has moved to Inverness so he's intending coming down too so really looking forward to it, that is of course if the club can get their arse in gear and provide a means for buying tickets!!!

I'm hoping to get three tickets for this one, too. Anyone in the know? Will there be a general sale?

Edited by W6er
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having watched the 2nd half of the St Johnstone game today, I definitely think we've got a chance of getting our first league win.

Obviously a lot will depend on our level of performance and formation, but this is a game where we really need to go for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Having watched the 2nd half of the St Johnstone game today, I definitely think we've got a chance of getting our first league win.

Obviously a lot will depend on our level of performance and formation, but this is a game where we really need to go for it.

I'm sure if any St Johnstone supporters watched our "performance" yesterday they will be feeling the same. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, faraway saint said:

I'm sure if any St Johnstone supporters watched our "performance" yesterday they will be feeling the same. 

I'm sure they will, it was piss poor. 

Still think we'll have a good chance to kick start our season, especially with the Fermers having a massive game on Thursday. Hopefully they have extra time before being knocked out on penalties. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, munoz said:

I'm sure they will, it was piss poor. 

Still think we'll have a good chance to kick start our season, especially with the Fermers having a massive game on Thursday. Hopefully they have extra time before being knocked out on penalties. 

I was going to say that I hope they win the game on penalties. I always root for all the Scottish clubs in Europe, including the Old Firm, and they would be knackered after that, especially the adrenaline rush of the penalty shootout.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, God of war said:

It's not as if your not going to get in...be lucky if 4000 turn up...

Have we not got 3,500 season ticket holders? I'm unsure how great the demand for tickets is likely to be - on the one hand we've just been pumped 6-0, however I think many people who only watch a couple of games a season might be desperate to get their football fix. I cannae afford season tickets this year, so it'll be individual tickets or the streams for me, and I'm desperate to get back into the ground.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, W6er said:

Have we not got 3,500 season ticket holders? I'm unsure how great the demand for tickets is likely to be - on the one hand we've just been pumped 6-0, however I think many people who only watch a couple of games a season might be desperate to get their football fix. I cannae afford season tickets this year, so it'll be individual tickets or the streams for me, and I'm desperate to get back into the ground.

I think it's under 3000....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

St Johnstone are this seasons draw specialists, I see this being another, 1-1 IMO. 
image.thumb.png.d7f6b3e424117280c798c848c308d9f2.png

I’d actually settle for that right now.

Although I suspect that come Sunday my heart will be leading my head and I’ll be hoping for a victory, however unlikely that may be.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am hoping for us to win as this will be the first game for us in our season ticket seats. Im going to try think positive and go for 2-0 to us.

My son thinks it will be 6-0 to us. Main to get 2, Fraser to get 3 (his favourite player) and Tanser to get 1... He is 7 and still thinks St. Mirren are a really great team.

Anyone know if the food outlets will be open as he is dying to get a hotdog at the game randomly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Slash said:

Can non Season ticket holders and away fans attend this match? I can’t see anything on the official site.

I don’t know but I would imagine non STs will be ok Can’t see there being any away fans allowed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...