News Items - bonkers

faraway saint

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The space rocket is taking off today, well, should be after an aborted attempt earlier in the week.

On it's way to the moon, hopefully to tidy up the debris left by the last lot that were there.

No people aboard this time, not sure why. 

It was planned as an unmanned flight

On 9/3/2022 at 11:26 AM, Rascal said:

It was planned as an unmanned flight

Maybe they could have sent women astronauts then ?

Erm, of course I actually meant persons who bleed, I think, cos there's no such thing as a woman nowadays. I'm old and easily confused. 

Just now, Wilbur said:

Maybe they could have sent women astronauts then ?

Erm, of course I actually meant persons who bleed, I think, cos there's no such thing as a woman nowadays. I'm old and easily confused. 

That makes at least two of us then and by the evidence on the forum, we are not alone @Wilbur

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see the social media platforms being called out for their blatant lack of care on what sort of stuff is freely available on their sites.

These social media sites were certainly a contributory factor in the tragic death of this 14 year old girl. 

They have got away with this for far too long, putting profit before accepting responsibility what their platforms can mean to people, not just young people. 

A coroner ruled that Molly Russell died in November 2017 while suffering from depression and the “negative effects of online content”, saying that she was pushed towards posts that romanticised self-harm. It is the first time an inquest has linked social media to the death of a child.

Primark flip flopping on their woke credentials as they realise the court of public opinion is changing, I wrote to them over a year ago complaining that my 15 year old daughter had to share a space with some young men in their argyle street store changing room. What reply did I get? Some nonsense about diversity and equality!! Now that Tavistock is closed and Mermaids is involved with an organisation promoting paedos they can’t change quick enough, well I won’t be shopping in their store anytime soon. 

D9F7FD76-9CDE-406F-B746-0D4C65DD6F61.jpeg

• 3 months later...

WTF, a rapist, who has since "changed" his gender to female, has been placed in a woman's prison awaiting final sentencing?

He's still got male genitalia, FFS, what a world.

Luckily for the other prisoners he's being kept in isolation.

https://news.sky.com/story/transgender-rapist-in-womens-prison-in-scotland-raises-safety-fears-says-joanna-cherry-mp-12795099

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

WTF, a rapist, who has since "changed" his gender to female, has been placed in a woman's prison awaiting final sentencing?

https://news.sky.com/story/transgender-rapist-in-womens-prison-in-scotland-raises-safety-fears-says-joanna-cherry-mp-12795099

I'm a big supporter of trans rights and the gender recognition bill. 

Stories like this make it harder for trans rights and I think common sense needs to prevail. She should be sentenced as the sex she was when the crime was committed and be in isolation in a male prison. 

1 minute ago, exiledfan said:

I'm a big supporter of trans rights and the gender recognition bill. 

Stories like this make it harder for trans rights and I think common sense needs to prevail. She should be sentenced as the sex she was when the crime was committed and be in isolation in a male prison. 

100%,. apart from the isolation bit, let him see how he likes it.  :happyclapper

23 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Hallelujah, this cnut is being moved to a male jail.

Brilliant, roll on shower time. 

• 3 weeks later...

The recent "disappearance" of Nicola Bulley is a real mystery.

Over 2 weeks, absolutely no clues to what has happened to the 46 year old.

Initially I thought she'd, somehow, fallen into the river but it's becoming increasingly unlikely this was the case.

I've no doubt the truth will, eventually, become public but at this time, it's all very strange.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/missing-women-nicola-bulley-disappeared-b2278317.html

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

FFS, great, now being told what, and what not, to eat.

Give me strength.

No alternative text description for this image

Simply NOT TRUE .  They have signed up to promote Vegan & Veggie but meat will still be served although they (council) will be pushing the green option.

Not for me though - where that Big Mac ? 🍔 

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Simply NOT TRUE .  They have signed up to promote Vegan & Veggie but meat will still be served although they (council) will be pushing the green option.

Not for me though - where that Big Mac ? 🍔 

It's probably been swallowed whole by the guy who swallowed that piece of shit stirring.  

1 minute ago, beyond our ken said:

It's probably been swallowed whole by the guy who swallowed that piece of shit stirring.  

This was brought to my attention by my son who’s based down south last month.

His mates on the base were ribbing the token Jock about Wee Nicky and the SNP controlling everything that goes on up here ( My son is not a SNP supporter so I’m sure he was happy to join in on the game) 

It didn’t take long to find the real details behind the scaremongering / shit stirring headline.   I was also quite happy to inform him that it was in fact a Labour / Conservative controlled council with a Lib Dem provost who championed the scheme but hey, that doesn’t make a good headline for the London based news mafia . 

Not for me though - where that Big Mac ? [emoji488] 
One of the benefits of eating meat is the fat content that is rich in energy for active kids.

Says the guy that's been told to lose 7kg's after all his recent inactivity.

The shelves are full of unsold vegan food, it’s yet another ideology being promoted by the anointed. 
Resulting in them selling it to the school suppliers at a knock down price for some advertising. Wondered why the Edinburgh Council mentioned only companies names for the vegetarian/vegan options.