Kurt Zouma

faraway saint

The recent furore about Kurt Zouma's treatment to a pet cat is still bubbling around.

Graeme Souness let rip yesterday, stating he was surprised at the "action" of West Ham, and, if he was his manager, he wouldn't have played Zouma again this season, going further that if he was playing in the same team he wouldn't want to play with him.

Quite why Zouma done what he done is beyond belief and why his relation filmed it and released it on social media is almost worse.

I was surprised/disappointed that Moyes selected him, trying to say it was a separate issue to the football team, I don't see it as easily as that as it reflects badly on the club.

The retrospective action goes someway but I feel there's more to come. 

A bit rich considering the number of GBH assaults carried out by Souness on fellow human beings.

I still would have liked to have seen a proper set two between Aber and Souness.

Great fitba player Souness, but a feckin dirty bastard. 

Ok, cards on the table, I am very much a cat person and I was appalled by the treatment of the poor animal and I agree with the actions taken to fine and not play him, however I do think that one of the points made about the punishment of racist and homophobic behaviour being less severe also needs to be considered in a similar light and seriously reviewed.

45 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not even remotely in the same bracket for me. 

What I was trying to say that Souness was hardly a good role model in his career. I do agree that West Ham took the wrong course of action in not suspending Zouma.

Is it true that Zouma is highest earner with the Irons? 

1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

What I was trying to say that Souness was hardly a good role model in his career. I do agree that West Ham took the wrong course of action in not suspending Zouma.

Is it true that Zouma is highest earner with the Irons? 

As I've been "away" I'm not too sure of all the issues around Zouma's wages but I did catch something that suggested other players are after a pay rise after hearing about his "fine". 

Ok, cards on the table, I am very much a cat person and I was appalled by the treatment of the poor animal

I f'in hate the wee bas tards. 2 reasons.
1 I'm allergic to them.
2 They know I hate them and the wee bas tards torment me with either clawing at me or biting me. Same with Jack Russell's and Yorkshire terriers.

4 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Ok, cards on the table, I am very much a cat person and I was appalled by the treatment of the poor animal and I agree with the actions taken to fine and not play him, however I do think that one of the points made about the punishment of racist and homophobic behaviour being less severe also needs to be considered in a similar light and seriously reviewed.

That sounds like deflection? Does it mean that all crimes and misdemeanours have to be held against the “high crimes “ of racism and homophobia? What a strange world we now live in. 

10 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

1 I'm allergic to them.
2 They know I hate them and the wee bas tards torment me with either clawing at me or biting me. Same with Jack Russell's and Yorkshire terriers.

That's why I like them they have immaculate taste! ☺️ Mrs S is also allergic but loved our cat for the 19 years we had him.

That's why I like them they have immaculate taste! [emoji3526] Mrs S is also allergic but loved our cat for the 19 years we had him.
I just love it when I hear them ding.

Means they're ready to take out the microwave.

PS, always remember to stab them a few times. You know the mess an egg makes if you don't. Cats 10X worse. [emoji1787]

12 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

1 I'm allergic to them.

Cats are very perceptive and intelligent creatures, they can sense when they have the upper hand in the intelligence stakes 😉

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

PS, always remember to stab them a few times. You know the mess an egg makes if you don't. Cats 10X worse. emoji1787.png

I guess that’s meant to be funny? 🤔

16 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Not deflection at all, the point I'm making is there is national fury about a cat getting kicked but lots of looking the other way, mock horror and lack of decisive action on the other situations I mentioned. 

I wasn’t meaning that you were deflecting, I meant the people who bring racism and homophobia into a incident of animal cruelty as some means of defending the persons behaviour. The last time I checked there was a raft of laws to protect people from racist and homophobic abuse, what is this lack of decisive action you are mentioning? As far as I can see the black community is well served by the BLM movement and the LGBTQ+ community are well served by stonewall. I don’t really know what else we can do as a society to support these groups of people. I have always believed that they deserve equal treatment not special treatment. 

On 2/14/2022 at 7:33 PM, SuperSaints1877 said:

A bit rich considering the number of GBH assaults carried out by Souness on fellow human beings.

I still would have liked to have seen a proper set two between Aber and Souness.

Great fitba player Souness, but a feckin dirty bastard. 

I'm late to this debate, but I'd argue Souness beating up a fellow man is more acceptable than someone harming a defenceless animal - the human victim has the opportunity to defend himself and is able to exact revenge either through retaliatory violence or through the legal system. Plus Souness' motive might be legitimate, or at least justifiable in some way. Harming an animal is just cruel and can never be justified. I think it's one of the worst crimes that can be committed and would be happy for the perpetrator of such an act to receive a Northern Irish style punishment beating. :)

On 2/14/2022 at 8:03 PM, StanleySaint said:

So, take the example of a man who cut off his dog's legs and put him in a bin where he howled as he was eaten alive by maggots. The neighbours investigated the incident a few days later, and discovered the poor creature, who had endured literally 48+ hours' of agony...and you believe that's the equivalent to a guy using the 'N word' on Twitter or who says something offensive to someone?

They're nowhere near comparable, IMHO, and you are a f**king imbecile if you believe they are. :) 

19 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

PS, always remember to stab them a few times. You know the mess an egg makes if you don't. Cats 10X worse. emoji1787.png

16 hours ago, HSS said:

I guess that’s meant to be funny? 🤔

Oh relax...he was just telling a 'joke' about animal cruelty...next it he will be telling one about the victims of rape and paedophilia - he's an edgy guy, a real comedian. If @Cookie Monster was being serious, then I would happily advocate kneeling on his windpipe whilst removing his eyeball from his skull with a spoon. (tee-hee)