St Mirren v Kilmarnock SPFL PREMIERSHIP 22/4/23

shull

16 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Anyone else nervous..  we actually really deserve this...TBF its 3 leagues.. them ... 3rd-7th and the rest... 

So many scenrios Sat..  come Monday we could be 4th .. 2 points off 3rd or of course 7th...i know we slag off our game but this split is a great addition...finally hope we break in top 6 and push on.. 

Positive vibes ... 8k sellout... and a team that really is together..

COYS

Don’t think we can be 2 points off 3rd can we?

43 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Anyone else nervous..  we actually really deserve this...TBF its 3 leagues.. them ... 3rd-7th and the rest... 

So many scenrios Sat..  come Monday we could be 4th .. 2 points off 3rd or of course 7th...i know we slag off our game but this split is a great addition...finally hope we break in top 6 and push on.. 

COYS

I’m still shitting it and have been since I bought a ticket, will need to empty the commode soon!

31 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I’m not nervous @DougJamie.

We are in a fantastic situation that at the start of the season we would all have thought superb.

There are teams below us with bigger playing budgets, larger supports and wealthy owners. 

I actually think we should have more points on the board at the expense of Hearts for example. 

The players will be incentivised to be in the top 6. 

Those who have long term deals will relish the chance to play in Europe next season.

Those who haven’t signed up may be waiting to see what happens.

Nothing is certain. Kilmarnock will not be underestimated by the players or the fans.

Kilmarnock are fighting to remain in the league. We know all too well what that feels like.

A big plus for us is that we have faced this pressure before for all the wrong reasons in the past.

Hibs away 1-1 under Ross

United - playoffs 

We failed to achieve top 6 under Goodwin. This is a better squad in terms of footballing talent, experience and most importantly mindset.

We must all play a part on Saturday to drive the team to victory and if we were to go a goal down not to panic and support the team even more!

COYS

Totally agree

Games you discuss was to avoid disaster..  this is to reward success...

Potentially game Sat is worth millions in gained revenue

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

COYS

I don't think it will be a sell out, because Killie have only sold just over 1,000 tickets. Unfortunately, as things stand, that means ~600 empty seats in the away end. It would be great if they sold it out, though.

I'm extremely nervous, but even if the worst happened and we lost, I would expect Dundee Utd to get something from Livingston. Also, there's the chance of a St. Johnstone bounce following Davidson's departure. Still, it's natural to fear the worst. 

1 minute ago, W6er said:

I don't think it will be a sell out, because Killie have only sold just over 1,000 tickets. Unfortunately, as things stand, that means ~600 empty seats in the away end. It would be great if they sold it out, though.

I'm extremely nervous, but even if the worst happened and we lost, I would expect Dundee Utd to get something from Livingston. Also, there's the chance of a St. Johnstone bounce following Davidson's departure. Still, it's natural to fear the worst. 

1200 now supposedly. I imagine they'll shift a good few more between now and Saturday. 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Totally agree

Games you discuss was to avoid disaster..  this is to reward success...

Potentially game Sat is worth millions in gained revenue

Really that cannot be overstated. If we finished third we'd stand to receive £8.5 million from the European ties and prize money combined. That's massive for us. 

We really could finish third, though I would suggest 4th is more realistic.

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

1200 now supposedly. I imagine they'll shift a good few more between now and Saturday. 

That's good news. Do you think we will have given them the section closest to the Northbank? We seem to not offer that nowadays. Anyway, they have 400 left, apparently (which is basically what you wrote, too):

15 minutes ago, W6er said:

Really that cannot be overstated. If we finished third we'd stand to receive £8.5 million from the European ties and prize money combined. That's massive for us. 

We really could finish third, though I would suggest 4th is more realistic.

All true figures and i am sure our BOD are doing the maths..  IF

Enough pressure on Sat...  Killie also have pressure to...

All in all will come to who handles it better..  

If Fakes and United win we could go in 4 pts ahead of 6th with 5 games to.... 

But lets not get ahead of ourselves 😄😉🤪

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

All true figures and i am sure our BOD are doing the maths..  IF

Enough pressure on Sat...  Killie also have pressure to...

All in all will come to who handles it better..  

If Fakes and United win we could go in 4 pts ahead of 6th with 5 games to.... 

But lets not get ahead of ourselves 😄😉🤪

If we finish 6th we get £200k more (than 7th) in prize money and no European spot. So I would suggest our games post-split will be massive too. Conversely, if we finish in the bottom six, the season's over - we're just playing for a greater share of prize money...which, of course, is preferable to a relegation battle.

PrizeMoney2023.png.3b3d476112d0fd16ae5e8e158cfa89a5.png

Source: https://www.totalsportal.com/football/scottish-premiership-prize-money/

Third spot is massive, getting an extra £1 million! But is that realistic? It's possible. If we finish in the top-six and beat Aberdeen in the first game, we can surely dream. But, I too am getting ahead of myself. 🤪

17 minutes ago, W6er said:

If we finish 6th we get £200k more (than 7th) in prize money and no European spot. So I would suggest our games post-split will be massive too. Conversely, if we finish in the bottom six, the season's over - we're just playing for a greater share of prize money...which, of course, is preferable to a relegation battle.

PrizeMoney2023.png.3b3d476112d0fd16ae5e8e158cfa89a5.png

Source: https://www.totalsportal.com/football/scottish-premiership-prize-money/

Third spot is massive, getting an extra £1 million! But is that realistic? It's possible. If we finish in the top-six and beat Aberdeen in the first game, we can surely dream. But, I too am getting ahead of myself. 🤪

Beaten Dons last 2 games with a 6-3 agg.... its hard not to dream...isnt that why we support?

Remember mid 80s when 3rd was achieved... be fantastic to get back there considering it wasnt that long ago Obika kept us up

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Beaten Dons last 2 games with a 6-3 agg.... its hard not to dream...isnt that why we support?

Remember mid 80s when 3rd was achieved... be fantastic to get back there considering it wasnt that long ago Obika kept us up

If we make 4th, we recoup that £million we lost previously. But finishing third would perhaps set us up for a few years. We really need to win on Saturday, but I will take a draw. :) 

5 minutes ago, W6er said:

If we make 4th, we recoup that £million we lost previously. But finishing third would perhaps set us up for a few years. We really need to win on Saturday, but I will take a draw. :) 

Nah just do a Celtic... score 4 in 27 mins then have a rest...

4 hours ago, saintargyll said:

This has been a lonnnnnnnng week

Fewer than forty-eight hours to go...

I hate it when I get this excited about the Saints, as it's usually an anti-climax. Plus, the downside of a sell-out is I can't do a dot count. Also I have stopped drinking, so even if we win 5-0 I cannae have a celebratory drink. I will just go home and watch it all again in Gaelic... 

A good wee omen for tomorrow?

My son was on his way to school this morning  in St Andrews and met Goodie who was in an obvious rush (presumably to get to Utd’s training). My lad told him he was a Saints fan and asked for a picture. His reply was ,”Brilliant” and he was more happy to stop and oblige. 

Will always be a Buddies cup winning legend and hopefully will do a job for us tomorrow as an insurance policy, although I reckon we won’t need it. 

21 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

A good wee omen for tomorrow?

My son was on his way to school this morning  in St Andrews and met Goodie who was in an obvious rush (presumably to get to Utd’s training). My lad told him he was a Saints fan and asked for a picture. His reply was ,”Brilliant” and he was more happy to stop and oblige. 

Will always be a Buddies cup winning legend and hopefully will do a job for us tomorrow as an insurance policy, although I reckon we won’t need it. 

I have heard folk refer to Jim as a 'snake'. He's nothing of the sort, IMHO. He's a great bloke, as exemplified by the fact he stopped for your son, despite apparently being in a rush. Nobody can fault him for taking a job that pays a lot more, given he has a family to support. Who wouldn't do the same? I wish him success in the future.