St Mirren v Kilmarnock SPFL PREMIERSHIP 22/4/23

shull

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Are we?

I thought the club still had £972,135 in the bank as of 31st May 2022. 

According to John Needham at the last SMISA meeting this year we still had a similar amount and he said that we should “break even”. 

Now if we do finish in the top 6 we should break even or better that target with the additional prize money on offer. 

If we could secure 3rd place which is not impossible if we win on Saturday then that could really benefit the club financially. 

Yes, we have a big pile of cash

That is why we had to pay off staff and reduce the full-time team available to the manager to 4 persons.  It's a normal consequence of having a pile of cash that you have to make economies

7 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Yes, we have a big pile of cash

That is why we had to pay off staff and reduce the full-time team available to the manager to 4 persons.  It's a normal consequence of having a pile of cash that you have to make economies

Did we really HAVE to do that or did we just do it as part of normal business operations?

This game had the feel of the Raith Rovers and Ayr games "Great Escape Season" nerves excitement, fear all in the build up and the team absolutely performed on the day.

I think judging by Robinson's interview after Ibrox he expected this is ready for it and so will the players.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

Apparently there are only 

𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝, 248 tickets remaining.
𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝, 121 tickets remaining.
𝐓𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐭𝐳 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝, 97 tickets remaining.

No sure it's true but certainly feels like it's going to be a cracker. Only downside will be a pathetic Killie support. Can we no give them any tickets? 

1 hour ago, Jockmd said:

Shull, given the main song that Killie fans sing, they are not far behind Sevco.

It's not sectarian or a Sevco song.

It's a great Killie song 

We used to sing a version of it. We still should..

And we sang Hail Hail also.

13 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

No sure it's true but certainly feels like it's going to be a cracker. Only downside will be a pathetic Killie support. Can we no give them any tickets? 

Think it's less than 300 now so looks like 6373 a complete sell out in our 3 stands.

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

In fairness in the 70s and probably a good part of the 80s we sang the same song. 
Well, obviously Buddie Boys not Killie Boys. 

Well, we don't sing it now.  When we did I think it was through naivety and we have since moved on. 

Let's not ignore its sectarian legacy. 

I'm hoping to be there on Saturday as I have a season ticket but I'm due to cover someone's shift.  Hopefully I can swap with someone else and get along to attend.  I'm not counting my chickens for "Top Six" just yet and even if we do, I'm not going to popping any corks over it either.  Yes being in the "Top Six" brings more important cash into the bank but it also means playing both of the mankies again.

3 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

I'm hoping to be there on Saturday as I have a season ticket but I'm due to cover someone's shift.  Hopefully I can swap with someone else and get along to attend.  I'm not counting my chickens for "Top Six" just yet and even if we do, I'm not going to popping any corks over it either.  Yes being in the "Top Six" brings more important cash into the bank but it also means playing both of the mankies again.

🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

And being in Europe means we might play Liverpool...so lets finish 7th and play Ross County😉

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

And being in Europe means we might play Liverpool...so lets finish 7th and play Ross County😉

I've been to Liverpool many times and enjoyed the sightseeing, the people etc.  Dingwall for me is much more picturesque and great for a chilled out long weekend. :wink:B)

4 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

I've been to Liverpool many times and enjoyed the sightseeing, the people etc.  Dingwall for me is much more picturesque and great for a chilled out long weekend. :wink:B)

Dingwall is a dump...however when you leave it then its nice... 

4 hours ago, exiledfan said:

They will sell out their allocation no problem.

Edited by FTOF