St Mirren v Kilmarnock SPFL PREMIERSHIP 22/4/23

shull

Killie players i think have some bets on today...remember disgusting Morton losing 10-2 to Accies years back... i rated McInnes but if he plays 2 in midfield v us it will be our biggest win next week . Hoping for more Celtic goals  and Fraser Murray keeping his place for next week... 

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Yes for us they play Hibs next week new manager bounce please. I didn't realise how close to relegation they are until my boy pointed it out yesterday.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

Davidson has been lunching on the cup wins for years... my thoughts exactly... new manager bounce... because going into split they will be caught

On 4/16/2023 at 12:45 AM, ALBIONSAINT said:

They have not won an away game this season. If they beat us then we don’t deserve top six. 

I agree with this to an extent, but then sometimes football can involve an amount of luck - bad or good. Anything can happen. We could lose a couple of players to injury or illness; have a man sent off early one; concede a fluke goal; hit the woodwork six times, etc.

It's eleven v eleven at the end of the day, and anything can happen. We should win this, but as Jimmy Greaves used to say: "it's a funny old game."

5 hours ago, W6er said:

I agree with this to an extent, but then sometimes football can involve an amount of luck - bad or good. Anything can happen. We could lose a couple of players to injury or illness; have a man sent off early one; concede a fluke goal; hit the woodwork six times, etc.

It's eleven v eleven at the end of the day, and anything can happen. We should win this, but as Jimmy Greaves used to say: "it's a funny old game."

:lol:

On 4/1/2023 at 8:50 AM, W6er said:

Aye, basically free money. When do you think they will score their winner? 

Going by the post above you seemed to think Livingston, remember it was 11 v 11, would pump us? :lol:

5 hours ago, W6er said:

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Going by the post above you seemed to think Livingston, remember it was 11 v 11, would pump us? :lol:

I've seen us miss out often enough to almost expect it; I was also at the LC game v Arbroath. It's by no means a certainty, sadly. It's the hope/expectation that kills you.

12 minutes ago, W6er said:

I've seen us miss out often enough to almost expect it; I was also at the LC game v Arbroath. It's by no means a certainty, sadly. It's the hope/expectation that kills you.

It seems you predict doom and if it doesn't come true your quite happy.

Thank feck your not our manager. 🤣🤣🤣

On 4/16/2023 at 10:13 AM, DougJamie said:

100% we make top 6...  but so important we win as we need to think of 5th min and Europe... Outwith Uglies no difference in Dons Hearts and Hibs...already beaten the lot of them.... hope Killie get thrashed and get men sent off... also hope they get relegated so we get rid of one plastic pitch..  ... plus Goodwin beats the criminal next week ... 3-1 Saints... 

Killie getting thrashed and men sent off doesn't help us one iota.  They are a potentially good side with a healthy travelling support that add something to the league.  I would always want us to finish above them, that doesn't mean i want to see them fail in that manner.

When you mention "the criminal", you do realise we have a player who has done a not inconsiderable amount of jail time in our ranks, don't you?

24 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Killie getting thrashed and men sent off doesn't help us one iota.  They are a potentially good side with a healthy travelling support that add something to the league.  I would always want us to finish above them, that doesn't mean i want to see them fail in that manner.

When you mention "the criminal", you do realise we have a player who has done a not inconsiderable amount of jail time in our ranks, don't you?

Sorry but Killie cant do grass and i personally think our top league should be all grass pitches... Livi i hope get relegated next season... the fact Martindale is never considered for other jobs says it all....

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It seems you predict doom and if it doesn't come true your quite happy.

Thank feck your not our manager. 🤣🤣🤣

I wasn't predicting doom and gloom, I'm just stating the fact that it's not a foregone conclusion that we will win or draw the game. It really isn't. Killie are playing for their SPL status, and they will probably be backed by a big away support. Shocks happen, if they didn't the whole sport would be pretty pointless. 

I'm delighted we're in this position. It's more exciting this way than if Livingston or Hibs dropped points - we should have a full house and it will be a great atmosphere if we win it. I'm nervous and fully aware that we could blow it.

Those of you who're 100% confident are foolish, IMHO. Put the champagne on ice, but just remember you might not be popping those corks. 

I would put our odds of finishing top-six at 90% and have a feeling of nervous excitement. We can do it, we should do it, but we haven't done it.

Hopefully both ourselves and Dundee Utd will be 3-0 up at half-time. :) 

Edited by W6er

48 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Sorry but Killie cant do grass and i personally think our top league should be all grass pitches... Livi i hope get relegated next season... the fact Martindale is never considered for other jobs says it all....

From what I’ve read Martindale is very happy at Livingston and they are happy with him. 

I’ve read that he has been approached by a number of other clubs offering greater wages but he feels a sense of loyalty towards Livingston.

25 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

However, in the grandscheme of things, we are still skint.

Are we?

I thought the club still had £972,135 in the bank as of 31st May 2022. 

According to John Needham at the last SMISA meeting this year we still had a similar amount and he said that we should “break even”. 

Now if we do finish in the top 6 we should break even or better that target with the additional prize money on offer. 

If we could secure 3rd place which is not impossible if we win on Saturday then that could really benefit the club financially.