Explosive Smisa application

10 minutes ago, Slarti said:

How do you know the opinions of the majority of St Mirren fans?

I'm in contact regularly with around 20 - 30 Saints fans from different walks of life, some of whom are members of SMISA, and not one of them could care less about the situation being discussed.

These are all guys in their mid-fifties and over. They're all relatively intelligent individuals.

Their teenage children are all Saints fans too.

Guess what? They couldn't give a shit either.

I'm sort of using that as a general indicator of the Saints support as a whole. Maybe I'm wrong and there a re thousands of fans losing sleep over this.

I'm in contact regularly with around 20 - 30 Saints fans from different walks of life, some of whom are members of SMISA, and not one of them could care less about the situation being discussed.
These are all guys in their mid-fifties and over. They're all relatively intelligent individuals.
I'm sort of using that as a general indicator of the Saints support as a whole. Maybe I'm wrong and there a re thousands of fans losing sleep over this.

I don't think anyone is claiming to be losing sleep over it.

If you, and those you know, don't care about the integrity of SMFC board members, then that's your choice.

21 hours ago, Slarti said:

I don't think anyone is claiming to be losing sleep over it.

If you, and those you know, don't care about the integrity of SMFC board members, then that's your choice.

To be fair, I care more about the individuals who seem to be hell bent on derailing the current workings of the club at every turn.

Edited by FTOF

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

To be fair, I care more about the individuals who seem to be hell bent on derailing the current workings of the club at every turn.

I don’t think there are many who are set on that course but I’d bet the majority of fans would like to ensure the reputation of our club is not tainted by individuals or organisations who don’t act in a professional or ethical manner.

On 10/31/2023 at 10:07 AM, Slarti said:

Apparently, someone thinks that because the funding wasn't granted and, even if it was, it would have required SMFC approval for the plan to go ahead, that nothing of note has occurred. The fact that Kibble used the SMFC charity name in their proposal without consent and presented SMFC land to be used in their proposal without consent, seems to not matter a jot to someone.

As I have previously said, it's about the trustworthiness of those involved.

absolutely spot on sir

On 10/31/2023 at 12:28 PM, Shuggy B said:

Is it?  You maybe know more about it than me but a quick Google search of defamation in Scotland would suggest that what is said has to cause serious harm to the reputation of another.

Defamation law in Scotland is governed by the Defamation and Malicious Publication (Scotland) Act 2021 (the Act). The Act defines 'defamation' as publishing a statement that has caused, or is likely to cause, serious harm to the reputation of another.

If the matter is as trivial as you claim how does commenting on it cause harm?  

but is it, not the case that there is no case to answer if what has been said is true?  ie; calling someone a lying barstuard, is not defamation if in fact they are illegitimate and have told an untruth

On 11/1/2023 at 7:50 PM, FTOF said:

All that would appear to tell me is that some fans don't care or value integrity, in the people who run the club, so long as we are doing okay on the pitch, I refuse to believe that.

14 minutes ago, jaybee said:

but is it, not the case that there is no case to answer if what has been said is true?  ie; calling someone a lying barstuard, is not defamation if in fact they are illegitimate and have told an untruth

That is test 1, is it untrue?  You can't be defamed if the accusation or statement has enough truth in it

If it is untrue, you then have to prove the harm you have been done.  Not always easy to quantify, the courts don't have enough time on their hands to rule on someone getting laughed at behind their back in the golf club.  If they have had significant financial or reputational loss then that is different

15 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Did I say he wasn’t? What an irrelevant post… 

Another example of you utterly embarrassing yourself on BAWA. That’s 62,915 by my count. :whistle

It's the same mindless drivel you use on a regular basis when it's pointed out you've run our of anything worthwhile.  

Still the lowest ratio of anyone on the forum with anyone agreeing with you. 🤣

On 11/3/2023 at 10:07 PM, faraway saint said:

It's the same mindless drivel you use on a regular basis when it's pointed out you've run our of anything worthwhile.  

Still the lowest ratio of anyone on the forum with anyone agreeing with you. 🤣

Haha, the ultimate irony. 

You still set a parameter of your success in life on your like ratio. 😂😂 That’s utterly embarrassing. 

51 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Haha, the ultimate irony. 

You still set a parameter of your success in life on your like ratio. 😂😂 That’s utterly embarrassing. 

Success in life? :lol:

That's your tactic in every thread, bend/totally change the issue. 

And you base my "irrelevance" on your opinion. :lol:

More than utterly embarrassing. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

On 11/3/2023 at 10:23 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Don’t drink coffee bud.  

Much prefer Tea with milk n two lumps of honesty, integrity & a good ol dollop of professionalism thank you. 

become aware of the realities of a situation, however unpleasant: sic

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Success in life? :lol:

That's your tactic in every thread, bend/totally change the issue. 

And you base my "irrelevance" on your opinion. :lol:

More than utterly embarrassing. :byebye

You have embarrassed yourself several times by claiming likes on here is some sort of parameter for anything at all.

Of course you’re going to get the odd like if you post platitudes about how nice the weather is. it doesn’t mean the utter garbage you post is relevant. 

20 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You have embarrassed yourself several times by claiming likes on here is some sort of parameter for anything at all.

Of course you’re going to get the odd like if you post platitudes about how nice the weather is. it doesn’t mean the utter garbage you post is relevant. 

And you prove time after time, despite numerous attempts by many forum members, that you have no capacity to understand and have a childlike mindset to the subjects you attempt to explain.

To summarise, a simpleton. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

And you prove time after time, despite numerous attempts by many forum members, that you have no capacity to understand and have a childlike mindset to the subjects you attempt to explain.

To summarise, a simpleton. 

Aw, no worries wee one.

You keep crying all over BAWA that people exist who challenge your ridiculous takes on so many subjects.