Scum Hamas Terrorists Slaughter Jews In Israel

shull

This is a link to United Nations data on fatalities and injuries of Palestinian and Israelis  in the last 15 years. It does not include data for the current crisis.

Data on casualties | United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs - occupied Palestinian territory (ochaopt.org)

Maybe it shows why the Palestinians are a bit pissed off, not that I am condoning the actions of Hamas.

Perhaps you could change the the title of this thread to something more balanced.

1 minute ago, ianmac said:

This is a link to United Nations data on fatalities and injuries of Palestinian and Israelis  in the last 15 years. It does not include data for the current crisis.

Data on casualties | United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs - occupied Palestinian territory (ochaopt.org)

Maybe it shows why the Palestinians are a bit pissed off, not that I am condoning the actions of Hamas.

Perhaps you could change the the title of this thread to something more balanced.

"Near East Shitfest" would be an accurate title.

26 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Shull reverting to WUM type with the change of title, sad really.

Wilbur requested a change of title. Do you want me to change it back to the original or can you suggest a better one ?

The Palestinians don't have a chance, sadly. The Western media are biased, the US gives Israel literally $billions every year to finance their military and has already sent an aircraft carrier to the Mediterranean to deter other Arab countries from offering military support to Gaza, which has now had power and water cut off and is being turned into rubble.

I do NOT support Hamas, but I think the data @ianmac has posted demonstrates the huge disparity in the number of fatalities attributed to each side, and every single year far more Palestinians are killed. This certainly implies Israel has been the aggressor or, at the very least, that their 'retaliatory strikes' are disproportionate.

How they have the chutzpah to portray themselves as victims in all this, given they have displaced the Arabs in the first instance, boggles the mind.

55 minutes ago, ianmac said:

Thanks for your suggestion sir.

The title is fine .

I posted a breaking news story on Saturday regarding a horrific atrocity which began on Saturday. It's that simple.

If you desire a topic on the history of the middle east with your own chosen title then be my guest and start one. Stanley Saint will help you.

54 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Thought as much.

Though I can appreciate why some may have found the original title distasteful, it was somewhat appropriate, given it's a football forum. The 'match' is also perhaps analogous to Rangers v Pollok Juniors in the Scottish Cup - one side has all the resources, a fawning media and the SFA onside. The other stands absolutely no chance at all...perhaps if Rangers had first evicted Pollok from Ibrox and paid them no compensation, it would be a slightly better analogy.

UK to deploy Royal Navy ships to support Israel

The UK will send surveillance aircraft and two Royal Navy ships to the eastern Mediterranean in plans “to support Israel", No 10 says.

The aircraft will begin patrols tomorrow to "track threats to regional stability such as the transfer of weapons to terrorist groups".

The package includes surveillance assets, helicopters, P8 aircraft, and a company of marines.

Rishi Sunak said the military support would "prevent further escalation".

The British armed forces will be on standby to "deliver practical support to Israel and partners in the region, and offer deterrence and assurance", Downing Street said.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67095846

Typical...now will this meddling in the affairs of others mean a resurgence of terror attacks here?

Typical bias from the BBC expressed in their choice of panel members in Question Time. 

With the exception of one (who was more neutral) all were recognised as supporters of Israel. 

With the amount hands raised for questions,  the numbers reflected the extensive news coverage of the issue and much more time should have been given for the discussion which is effectively censorship. 

7 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

He made some good points about young people getting on the property ladder. 

I thought he was playing to the audience and, as I mentioned in another thread, exaggerated the numbers to make a point, not the best move.

Also I doubt his children would have problems getting onto the property ladder. 

The latest Israel statement that over 1 million people have to move within 24 hours.

Grant Shapps struggling to justify this, and no wonder, it's an impossible task. Focusing on the weekends horrendous masacre as some justification for the almost certain slaughter of thousands of civilians. 

The much maligned BBC not letting him off the hook. 

Depressing. 👎

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The latest Israel statement that over 1 million people have to move within 24 hours.

Grant Shapps struggling to justify this, and no wonder, it's an impossible task. Focusing on the weekends horrendous masacre as some justification for the almost certain slaughter of thousands of civilians. 

The much maligned BBC not letting him off the hook. 

Depressing. 👎

I very rarely get depressed, but this has really depressed me. It's the bias that you and others have, correctly (IMHO), identified that really annoys me. I think I will log off here for a while, as there's no game tomorrow and I get notifications which lure me back into the thread out of curiosity. I will be the proverbial ostrich with his head buried in the sand and just ignore all this. 

My biggest fear is it will escalate.