St Mirren v Livingston SPFL Premiership 25/11/23

shull

4 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Massive to get the 3 points. Bitterly cold though. I’m wondering why the south end of the pitch was frost covered - undersoil heating problem ?

That occurred to me when I tuned in.

Didn't seem to cause too many problems to the players but always an additional risk of injury. 

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The Celtic game was a pretty decent, or better, performance. 

We were minutes away from a creditable draw at Parkhead.

We also had a 2-2 draw with Hibs who have been on a pretty decent unbeaten run.

You're one of the forever gloom merchants and might be better suited supporting a bigger team where winning is seen as their right. 

What a saddo you, and a few others, are. 

Is their any need for invective? You need to remember that this is a St. Mirren discussion forum and not everybody will have the same opinion as you. :) 

Some people are pessimistic by nature. Even so, I don't think anybody can reasonably claim that our form hasn't dipped of late. Yesterday wasn't great, Dundee was appalling and we struggled at home against Hibs!

I do see what you and others are saying, though! It's nearly December, and with over one-third of the league campaign gone, we're THIRD! That's astonishing. I think we should all be absolutely delighted with that. 

@stlucifer was probably there yesterday, and having paid his money into the club and sat in the cold watching the game, I think he has a right to comment. :)  

1 minute ago, W6er said:

Is their any need for invective? You need to remember that this is a St. Mirren discussion forum and not everybody will have the same opinion as you. :) 

Some people are pessimistic by nature. Even so, I don't think anybody can reasonably claim that our form hasn't dipped of late. Yesterday wasn't great, Dundee was appalling and we struggled at home against Hibs!

I do see what you and others are saying, though! It's nearly December, and with over one-third of the league campaign gone, we're THIRD! That's astonishing. I think we should all be absolutely delighted with that. 

@stlucifer was probably there yesterday, and having paid his money into the club and sat in the cold watching the game, I think he has a right to comment. :)  

Is there any need for you to quote only me in these issues? 

There are a few "supporters" who do nothing but post negative shite and attending doesn't make their view any more valid than anyone else who watched yesterdsys game and any other games. 

As for form. We drew against Hibs, were truly honking againt Dundee and won yesterday. 

We are not Rangers or Celtic, although some of our support come across as entitled brats.

Oh, this particular bellend posts similar shite aimed at me, I'll look forward to you pointing that out. 

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Is there any need for you to quote only me in these issues? 

There are a few "supporters" who do nothing but post negative shite and attending doesn't make their view any more valid than anyone else who watched yesterdsys game and any other games. 

As for form. We drew against Hibs, were truly honking againt Dundee and won yesterday. 

We are not Rangers or Celtic, although some of our support come across as entitled brats.

Oh, this particular bellend posts similar shite aimed at me, I'll look forward to you pointing that out. 

I'm not taking sides. I know there's a lot of abuse hurled on this forum, so apologies if you feel I have singled you out.

We are St. Mirren, but, as you know, we really seem to have a good team this year, and not just the first eleven, either! We have quality that can come off the bench. Five internationals in our squad - six if Boyd-Munce gets a cap (is it Ayunga that might be capped for Kenya, too?). 

We won by the slimmest of margins yesterday, to a side that had last their last five games and sit botton of the table. The performance wasn't great. People are a little frustrated and/or concerned by the recent dip in form, and should be free to vent on here without being abused, IMHO. 

I think a top four finish or a Cup win is what we could achieve this year. Anything less, is a wasted opportunity.

17 minutes ago, W6er said:

I'm not taking sides. I know there's a lot of abuse hurled on this forum, so apologies if you feel I have singled you out.

We are St. Mirren, but, as you know, we really seem to have a good team this year, and not just the first eleven, either! We have quality that can come off the bench. Five internationals in our squad - six if Boyd-Munce gets a cap (is it Ayunga that might be capped for Kenya, too?). 

We won by the slimmest of margins yesterday, to a side that had last their last five games and sit botton of the table. The performance wasn't great. People are a little frustrated and/or concerned by the recent dip in form, and should be free to vent on here without being abused, IMHO. 

I think a top four finish or a Cup win is what we could achieve this year. Anything less, is a wasted opportunity.

You deemed "saddo" as abuse? :lol:

As for your last sentence, that's some aim coming from a guy who almost never sees us winning any game. :lol

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You deemed "saddo" as abuse? :lol:

As for your last sentence, that's some aim coming from a guy who almost never sees us winning any game. :lol

Well, it's hardly nice, is it? 😆

I'm pessimistic by nature. But even I see this squad is something special. 

44 minutes ago, W6er said:

It should be noted that while it's true Livingston are bottom of the table and have lost their last SIX games the results have been pretty close in every one of the last 6.

It's a terrible run, no doubt, but they're not a walkover for most teams outside of the OF. 

image.png.35ab17f95fe6385aa1d303a1b3ac887c.png

image.png.af685bb24f5273911361cc98dfeb5422.png

38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It should be noted that while it's true Livingston are bottom of the table and have lost their last SIX games the results have been pretty close in every one of the last 6.

It's a terrible run, no doubt, but they're not a walkover for most teams outside of the OF. 

image.png.35ab17f95fe6385aa1d303a1b3ac887c.png

image.png.af685bb24f5273911361cc98dfeb5422.png

When I said that we beat a side that had lost their last five games, I was not including yesterday's game. That is because when we played them yesterday, they hadn't lost it yet! :wink: 😆

On 11/25/2023 at 4:46 PM, faraway saint said:

Correction, chalked off..........................1-0 and the simpleton bazil will make an appearance. 

Simpleton from a person that still can’t grasp my issue with VAR, isn’t correcting decisions. 🤦‍♂️

If you just don’t have the capacity to understand such a simple concept, maybe you should avoid the subject? 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, W6er said:

2 things.

Firstly. Fartaway can prattle on as much as he likes as I have him on ignore. He knows this but still tries to bait. Saddo is a word he should use to the mirror.

Secondly. I agree with you that we have a very good squad but that doesn't change my opinion that we have been very poor recently. Even in the  4-0 win v Saintees. Granted we had a wee spell but, for most of that game, we were piss poor. I don't expect them to play great every week but I reserve the right to call it out when they don't. Results don't necessarily reflect the performance. I am delighted as to where we are but we have definitely got away with playing poorly and I will not let some simpleton who sits on his erse at home while I'm sitting at the game watching what transpires preach to me about how the team perform.

Massive to get the 3 points. Bitterly cold though. I’m wondering why the south end of the pitch was frost covered - undersoil heating problem ?
I doubt there was a problem as I also doubt it had been switched on as it wasn't cold enough.

What was visible was just surface frost that the low lying sun hadn't cleared.

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

2 things.

Firstly. Fartaway can prattle on as much as he likes as I have him on ignore. He knows this but still tries to bait. Saddo is a word he should use to the mirror.

Secondly. I agree with you that we have a very good squad but that doesn't change my opinion that we have been very poor recently. Even in the  4-0 win v Saintees. Granted we had a wee spell but, for most of that game, we were piss poor. I don't expect them to play great every week but I reserve the right to call it out when they don't. Results don't necessarily reflect the performance. I am delighted as to where we are but we have definitely got away with playing poorly and I will not let some simpleton who sits on his erse at home while I'm sitting at the game watching what transpires preach to me about how the team perform.

I totally agree with all the emboldened text.  

We're in a great position, but we have been below par recently and it is concerning me. Scraping a win against the bottom club, who'd lost their previous five games, is not indicative of a side firing on all cylinders. To be fair, we were missing both Baccus and Strain, but whilst I would have taken the result before the match, it does not fill me with much confidence.

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
47 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
Simpleton from a person that still can’t grasp my issue with VAR, isn’t correcting decisions. emoji2357.png
If you just don’t have the capacity to understand such a simple concept, maybe you should avoid the subject? emoji2369.png

So, was the correction correct or incorrect?

Don't FFS.

He'll change the rhetoric,  blabber on about ruining the beautiful game.

😴😴😴

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
56 minutes ago, bazil85 said:
Simpleton from a person that still can’t grasp my issue with VAR, isn’t correcting decisions. emoji2357.png
If you just don’t have the capacity to understand such a simple concept, maybe you should avoid the subject? emoji2369.png

So, was the correction correct or incorrect?

It was correct. My issue has never been with that. It’s the holding up the game.

VAR doesn’t add (close to) enough value to take away what makes football the best sport in the world. It’s free flowing nature. I’ve made this clear so many times. 

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't FFS.

He'll change the rhetoric,  blabber on about ruining the beautiful game.

😴😴😴

Which isn’t remotely me changing the rhetoric. It’s been my exact point from day 1 of the VAR debate. 

Some people got that right away (and agree), others were a bit slower… For you, it’s just not within your capability. 

Edited by bazil85

Pleased with the 3 points. We've played better, we've played worse. A wins a win and still top of the league minus the arse cheeks [emoji106]
I'll take a result over a performance any day of the week. A performance with a result is a bonus. I'd love a season of 38 league wins we didn't deserve. Don't get me wrong, a season of 38 league wins we did deserve would be better, but I'm not greedy. :whistle

For a team going into December in third place alot of negativity on here.

Heard Mark Wilson have a go at the Celtic fans moaning on Radio yesterday his words were look at every Championship win from any team and you have bad days dotted throughout the season including wee spells of two,three or four matches in a row where you just struggle for one reason or another but you just overcome it.

We are struggling a little performance wise but not effort wise, we are punching above our wait and the sharks are circling below us.

We have a tough run of games in December but still have 3 at home keep our good home record up and we'll be fine for top 6 and even higher this time.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

On 11/25/2023 at 10:33 PM, stlucifer said:

Gogic made quite a few uncharacteristic mistakes today and struggled in the air. My MOTM would definitely be Taylor. As for the game. A really dreadful spectacle. No real surprise as we have been pish poor since before the Celtic game. Still. Another three valuable points. That is the only positive I take from today .

He made an error with a bouncing ball in the second half that almost let Anderson in on goal, but other than that, I thought he was back to his solid best in Saturday.