Ross Co (A) 27/2/24

16 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I am very surprised it was that much to be honest. 

They might include all their season tickets holders, even if they don't attend.

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Just watched those highlights there and two things I never noticed at the match about Scott’s chance at the end.

1) I didn’t realise how well Olusanya did to set the chance up.

2) Just how abysmal Scott’s effort was. From our angle I didn’t realise he’d missed the target by so much. 

He all but had the goal at his mercy.

I guess Scott's head may not be in a good place just now.  It seems to occasionally happen to players who get injured just as they are about to fulfil their promise.  It happened to Kyle McAlister when he went to Derby, he never seemed to regain confidence in his body and was reputed to not be living his best life off the park.  That can happen to anyone who has money in their pocket and time on their hands.  Losing a year or two of a promising career takes some getting over at a young age.

Hopefully he will be well advised by both the coaches and his agent as the next career stop may well be somewhere far less promising than Paisley.

Olusanya could be a bit of a gem if he could be more consistent.  He has pace and strength and when he is flying like that he is very hard to stop.

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

He all but had the goal at his mercy.

I guess Scott's head may not be in a good place just now.  It seems to occasionally happen to players who get injured just as they are about to fulfil their promise.  It happened to Kyle McAlister when he went to Derby, he never seemed to regain confidence in his body and was reputed to not be living his best life off the park.  That can happen to anyone who has money in their pocket and time on their hands.  Losing a year or two of a promising career takes some getting over at a young age.

Hopefully he will be well advised by both the coaches and his agent as the next career stop may well be somewhere far less promising than Paisley.

Olusanya could be a bit of a gem if he could be more consistent.  He has pace and strength and when he is flying like that he is very hard to stop.

Which makes me wonder why we play Jamieson. I know Jamieson is young and has potential but at the moment he is just not good enough. The difference when OIusanya came on was there for all to see.

Scott is a quality player who has suffered with injury and his mother was seriously ill also, thankfully from what i last heard was much improved. That said he needs to get back to where he was or he is going to waste a serious amount of talent!

52 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Which makes me wonder why we play Jamieson. I know Jamieson is young and has potential but at the moment he is just not good enough. The difference when OIusanya came on was there for all to see.

Scott is a quality player who has suffered with injury and his mother was seriously ill also, thankfully from what i last heard was much improved. That said he needs to get back to where he was or he is going to waste a serious amount of talent!

Indeed.

I think the last few games have proved this.

Olusanya has to start against Aberdeen.

I'd also have Baccus on from the start.

40 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

Agree about Olusanya.

Re Baccus, if he comes back in it can only be for CBM because there’s no way I’d drop Kwon. I think CBM played well enough against Livi and St. Johnstone to be forgiven an off night last night. Not in favour of dropping players for one bad game. I’d at least give him the first half of the Aberdeen game. If his form from last night continues on Saturday then he’s fair game for Baccus at half time. 

It seems mental that we’re not even factoring in the return of Mark O’Hara. I guess we all remember the form he was in before his injury. 

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agree about Olusanya.

Re Baccus, if he comes back in it can only be for CBM because there’s no way I’d drop Kwon. I think CBM played well enough against Livi and St. Johnstone to be forgiven an off night last night. Not in favour of dropping players for one bad game. I’d at least give him the first half of the Aberdeen game. If his form from last night continues on Saturday then he’s fair game for Baccus at half time. 

It seems mental that we’re not even factoring in the return of Mark O’Hara. I guess we all remember the form he was in before his injury. 

Interesting that Olusanya is getting some well deserved praise after the damning comments that have been made about him throughout the season.

It's a sign of our financial clout, or lack of, that we have to make do with players who generally are, at best, hot and cold.

This, IMO, makes the achievements of the manager even more amazing getting us into a position, again, to be top 6 or higher.

Overall, acknowledging we have had some stinkers, it's been a great 2 years since we got lucky and lander Robbo.

The only thing that's disappointed me this season we've not done better in the cups as I really felt we could go further than we did. 

15 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Tonight's games and preferred results.................

Aberdeen v St Johnstone AWAY WIN or Draw

Celtic v Dundee HOME WIN

Hearts v Hibs HOME WIN

Kilmarnock v Rangers AWAY WIN

Livingston v Motherwell NO BOTHERED

image.png.23f02b795a3398ab88c0c231d78d6329.png

Pretty much a full house then

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Just saw Shankland take a bite out of a pie thrown by a Hibs fan after he scored the penalty.  🤣🤣🤣

Brilliant. 👏👏👏

He was partial to a pie or six when he was with us 🥧

18 hours ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

I like Olusanya, he has made the difference in a few games this season, mainly as a sub.  He has also been very inconsistent and has failed to maintain the levels when given a run of starts.  He seems far more effective when coming on and I think there is a place for both.  It 's worth remembering that the amount of pressure we put on for the first 60-odd minutes laid the groundwork for that late goal.