Public Clocks In Paisley

Reidy1987

• 1 year later...
yeah. howard asked me to tell you. he said you two aint speaking......

Of course we're speaking :wink:

Anyway back to the topic.I was driving round Braids Road today,heading Falside,and noticed a clock on the old Brown and Polson Sports "Complex" AND and it was at the correct time :)

Did the Sherwood not used to have one?? I seem to remember being able to check whether you were late for school on it or not walking up Greenlaw - I know the tower was falling down about 15 years ago and they took it down and put that stupid looking metal thing on top instead.

The clock at Sherwood (now called Sherwood-Greenlaw) was taken down about 20 years ago, when the steeple became unsafe. It was returned to the council, who owned it.

The "stupid looking metal thing" at the top of the church's stump was erected about 15 years ago, as part of the church centenary celebration. During that project there was talk of restoring the clock to its original position. But, if I remember correctly, it didn't happen because the council would not agree to its ongoing maintenance.

During that project there was talk of restoring the clock to its original position. But, if I remember correctly, it didn't happen because the council would not agree to its ongoing maintenance.

Surely that's a wind up ?

• 8 years later...
  • 7 years later...