January 2015 - How Many Points?

I note that there is a heavy fixture list for January - I believe points from these games shall prove important in determining the rest of our season, however how many points shall we take?

Saints v Killie (1st)

Caley v Saints (4th)

Saints v Dons (10th)

County v Saints (17)

Saints v Dun Utd (21st)

Saints v Dun (24th)

Thistle v Saints (31st)

More important is how many points will we have at the start of January. Our schedule is:

Ross County (H)

Dundee Utd (A)

Partick (H)

Hamilton (A)

St Johnstone (H)

Celtic (A)

Motherwell (H)

Dundee (A)

I would say we could realistically pick up a maximum of 12 points there but playing like we have recently at home it could be as little as 4 or 5. I would usually say that its good we have both Ross County and Motherwell at home but we are clearly better away from home these days so it could really work against us.

I'd take 9 now (Killie, Ros Co & Partick), we really should be able to provide another 6 on top of that...sadly nah!

For the lead up to January, currently on 7 and I'd say 9 more (Motherwell, Hamilton & Partick or Ross Co). So, 16 going in and 25 coming out of January.

Every chance we'll come out of January ahead of Ross Co, hopefully Motherwell also. I think it'll be a wee three team pod, 6 points adrift at best, by then.

Of course, it's almost agent chats time so we may see some players pick up their game.

We will be on about 10 points by the end of the season .

By your own standards that is fairly optimistic mate. That means we will get 3 points from some other team. Wow, Elvis, you surprise me but, pray tell, which team or teams (pending 3 draws) are we going to get the points from, while you cry "we are f##king shite" We cannot tolerate this positivity coming from you mate.

By your own standards that is fairly optimistic mate. That means we will get 3 points from some other team. Wow, Elvis, you surprise me but, pray tell, which team or teams (pending 3 draws) are we going to get the points from, while you cry "we are f##king shite" We cannot tolerate this positivity coming from you mate.

He's probably anticipating three 0-0 draws where the opposition don't turn up!

• 2 months later...

11 points I think, to keep closing the gap on Killie and Dundee.

Saints v Killie (1st) - 3 points

Caley v Saints (4th) - 0 points

Saints v Dons (10th) - 0 points

County v Saints (17) - 3 points

Saints v Dun Utd (21st) - 1 point

Saints v Dun (24th) - 3 points

Thistle v Saints (31st) - 1 point

I would have been more optimistic with a Killie win, however with a double trip north an in form Dons and united team then it will be, in my opinion, a scrap for points between us and thistle and a revengeful/hurt dundee.

i am thinking 3/5 points if we are lucky - unless we get a wee rub of the green (as jimmy Bone used to call it).

• 4 weeks later...