Fan Zone At St Mirren Park This Saturday V Motherwell

TopCat

I've just returned my raffle tickets unsold.I don't mind fund raising for a permanent bar but not for a one off tent.I believe it's a waste of money.

my wife paid for mine as I thought it was for the youth set up. 100 percent agree with you an outside tent at this time of year is bonkers. Spring maybe.

my wife paid for mine as I thought it was for the youth set up. 100 percent agree with you an outside tent at this time of year is bonkers. Spring maybe.

The tent is not my main gripe.In this day and age tents are wind and rain proof and can be heated.

My complaint is that any money raised should go into the pot for the building of a permanent bar,not wasted on rental for 1 day.

Edited by HSS

One little office has been built ,used by WAGs on match days, plus toilets and kitchen,maybe someone could ask at the AGE who uses the office and how much income it brings in?

i wonder how much each person who uses that room pays for what they get, hope it's not a freebie at our expense, in fact i hope in these days of no cash at the club that nobody gets freebies at all including the cups of coffee that brian caldwell drinks while standing in the tunnel.

i think he may have been alluding to the fact that some saints fans will take a drink now and then (hic) and there is no need to put up a tent to find out if fans will buy booze - it's a given. build a bar and they will drink come

Think the new law that comes in on the 5th of December could affect numbers.

A lot of car park pass holders won't be able to partake in a post-match pint.

some non pass holders wont even get in because of space taken up by the tent.

So its possible there could be an overall drop in matchday revenue if the "FanZone" (feck you have to laugh at that one.. who's bringing the black & white portable for the FZ?) doesn't make as much profit as the car parking spaces it takes up would have???

Maybe they should just use the car park as a pretty neat airport parking facility? Cars only though as we can't seem to park the bus.

The club had a match bar at Love Street that people didn't really bother about.

I don't see the real need for it tbh as I don't think it will be used that much. I drink in Bankhouse pre match. I leave at 2.45, get the 2.50 train that stops at St James' 2 minutes later. I'm in my seat for 3pm.

Are people who have similar routine going to change that for sake of 10 minutes more drinking time.

I don't see the real need for it tbh as I don't think it will be used that much. I drink in Bankhouse pre match. I leave at 2.45, get the 2.50 train that stops at St James' 2 minutes later. I'm in my seat for 3pm.

Are people who have similar routine going to change that for sake of 10 minutes more drinking time.

I did use it... albeit for soft drinks as I was driving... but aren't they more profitable anyway?

It was ideal for catching up with friends pre-match.

Did you not have to be a member to use it?

I've just returned my raffle tickets unsold.I don't mind fund raising for a permanent bar but not for a one off tent.I believe it's a waste of money.

I don't bother returning them any longer, I just put them straight in the bin. Soon after the fan council came into being my thoughts were it would end up as FoSMA Mk II and I've not seen or heard anything to make me think any different. I would expect a 'fans council' to be a 2 way street where our opinion was sought by the board, listened to and acted on where it was a good idea, I can immediately think of the current strips and a much better idea would have been to put a few designs to the fans for their say before proceeding or the small screen that is mostly illegible from where I sit so gets ignored.

To me, this is really pish taking, first of all the fans are asked to help fund the fan zone by selling raffle tickets then pay to buy drink in it and presumably the club will get any profit and what exactly will the fans get out of it ? Personally I detest lager and doubt there will even be a small selection of beers available so I'll probably go to the usual pub before and after the game.

The tent is not my main gripe.In this day and age tents are wind and rain proof and can be heated.

My complaint is that any money raised should go into the pot for the building of a permanent bar,not wasted on rental for 1 day.

I might be wrong but I'm sure they said tonight at the AGM that the tent is a one off to see how it goes.

Might be a clue in the first two posts thumbup2.gif