Fan Zone At St Mirren Park This Saturday V Motherwell

TopCat

One little office has been built ,used by WAGs on match days, plus toilets and kitchen,maybe someone could ask at the AGE who uses the office and how much income it brings in?

That room has been there since the ground opened. Guess it's a hospitality type room for friends and family of players.

Just trying to get this right:

If they do nothing are slated for having 'no new ideas' and being 'stale'

If they suggest something new it is immediately ridiculed as being 'a waste of money'.

Hmm. There is your rock, there is your hard place.

Depends on the "they".

SIMSA is trying... but personally I feel a large investment in a temporary measure is a misuse of capital. Nobody is willing, it would seem, to say how much this venture cost. Pity... healthy discussion and debate works better with a free flow of information.

THE BOARD, meantime, hasn't been open and informative.

If office space is being built... who commissioned it and who is funding it? Is the vision for the generated income short medium or long term?

Investment HAS to be targeted... especially when funds are limited.

I'm just personally struggling to see the value of a sizeable (I guess... they won't say) investment in what might be a one-off venture.

I don't know much about the potential cost of the work, but, personally, I would love to see us have a similar set up to St Johnstone at home games. A wee bar open to fans for a couple of drinks before the match. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, theirs doesn't even have many tables or chairs, but it's reasonably priced, well stocked and, most weeks, it's open to both sets of fans.

I couldn't see all that many occasions where there would be trouble between opposing supporters, most teams would be fine. I quite enjoy having a laugh with the home fans when we go there and I've always found the atmosphere to be friendly. I think a couple of bus loads of thirsty travelling fans arriving at 2:30 is an untapped, potentially significant income stream for us...

It doesn't matter who is signed, who is freed or who comes up with a new suggestion but as sure as night follows day criticism immediately appears. Did anything to do with St.Mirren ever achieve universal approval? Even after the League Cup Final win I remember posts about how we were lucky not to go two or even three down in the first half. This isn't aimed at anyone in particular and for the last sixty years it has always been that way. I can vouch for it. Nobody knows better than a St.Mirren fan and frankly it's a disgrace that fans aren't allowed to make all the decisions, pick the team, provide the catering and probably a few would want to play on a Saturday. I recommend to the house to push for such a system. Bound to be top six by Christmas.

Eric Idle used to sing a little ditty about being optimistic but it clearly fell on deaf ears down Love Street way.

It doesn't matter who is signed, who is freed or who comes up with a new suggestion but as sure as night follows day criticism immediately appears. Did anything to do with St.Mirren ever achieve universal approval? Even after the League Cup Final win I remember posts about how we were lucky not to go two or even three down in the first half. This isn't aimed at anyone in particular and for the last sixty years it has always been that way. I can vouch for it. Nobody knows better than a St.Mirren fan and frankly it's a disgrace that fans aren't allowed to make all the decisions, pick the team, provide the catering and probably a few would want to play on a Saturday. I recommend to the house to push for such a system. Bound to be top six by Christmas.

Eric Idle used to sing a little ditty about being optimistic but it clearly fell on deaf ears down Love Street way.

Mykey does that.

Is the purpose of putting a marquee up to guage the potential income stream of St Mirren fans drinking?

Doesn't anyone realise the supporters buses all run from pubs....? Bit of a clue there... jeez get the feckin void fitted out and generate some money before the tent gets blown down again.

And how many supporters buses run for home games?