Was That Worst Performance In The History Of St Mirren Fc?

Might as well wallow in our misery now we are here.

Given the importance of the match and the utterly comical defending that was served up, was last night the worst performance you have ever seen from a Saints team?

We were in a relegation crunch match not against any form or world beaters but against the SECOND WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, who had spend most of the season rooted to the foot of the table. After the match the Motherwell manager was upset his team only scored 5 as they should have made a bigger dent in their goal difference.

How could the back 4 go MIA in a such a big match? How could the likes of Arquin and Dayton be allowed to shame our team like that?

I've seen us scudded by East Fife and the likes in diddy cups but came to expect performances like the famous Falkirk & Motherwell games when the chips were down.

I think given what was at stake that was the most miserable performance ever and pozbaird must immediately begin a campaign for a Hall of Shame board to be put up at the ground so future generations learn from this year's quite spectacular series of mistakes!

Might as well wallow in our misery now we are here.

Given the importance of the match and the utterly comical defending that was served up, was last night the worst performance you have ever seen from a Saints team?

We were in a relegation crunch match not against any form or world beaters but against the SECOND WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, who had spend most of the season rooted to the foot of the table. After the match the Motherwell manager was upset his team only scored 5 as they should have made a bigger dent in their goal difference.

How could the back 4 go MIA in a such a big match? How could the likes of Arquin and Dayton be allowed to shame our team like that?

I've seen us scudded by East Fife and the likes in diddy cups but came to expect performances like the famous Falkirk & Motherwell games when the chips were down.

I think given what was at stake that was the most miserable performance ever and pozbaird must immediately begin a campaign for a Hall of Shame board to be put up at the ground so future generations learn from this year's quite spectacular series of mistakes!

It wasn't just last night that the defence went MIA, Its been happening since May!

Lack of clean sheets + no goals = relegation. Simple as that.

In January, Motherwell and Ross County, both under new managers, addressed their shortcomings. We did not, hence why we are 10 points behind the 11th place.

Our strategy of hoping that others will be worse than us to keep us up did not work this season.

The Board got what they deserved. The fans did not.

I recall the performance in a cup replay against St Johnstone at LS being eye-bleedingly bad, but there wasn't anything like the same at stake in that game.

To be honest, you could be on the money, here. It was deplorable in the circumstances last night.

It wasn't just last night that the defence went MIA, Its been happening since May!

Lack of clean sheets + no goals = relegation. Simple as that.

In January, Motherwell and Ross County, both under new managers, addressed their shortcomings. We did not, hence why we are 10 points behind the 11th place.

Our strategy of hoping that others will be worse than us to keep us up did not work this season.

The Board got what they deserved. The fans did not.

Spot on....

That is the most pathetic performance I can remember from a St Mirren team. We've lost 7 to the old firm over the years, but they were always light years ahead of us at the time. That was Motherwell last night - the closest team to us.

Gutless, worthless, no effort, no fire. Players already on their holidays, accepting our fate. They can all f**k off.

I think in all the emotion and blaming our defenders for their comedy performance we've failed to notice another big achievement for the boys further up the park.

Christian Benteke's hatrick for Aston Villa at the same time as we were failing to score 1 goal v Motherwell means we've re-taken top spot as British League's lowest goal scorers.

Of course they haven't done this on their own (although special mention to Arquin on the red cards and not bothering his arse to stay onside) so well done to the midfielders for their lack of service, Big Jim for his aimless floaty balls forward, all the management and coaching staff for not making any impact on this and of course not forgetting our Board for supplying such a plentiful array of cheap and useless forwards.

6 scoreless Cup Finals ...we can do this

Like Soctty says, when you consider the stakes and the opposition, it was definitely one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a football team. It was up there, for me, with Brazil's semi-final performance last summer, in terms of seeing a team simply fail to show up.

In a way, it's nice to be unequivocally clear that we absolutely utterly deserve to be relegated. Early on in the season there was a lot of bleating about refereeing decisions, etc, and it would have been fairly galling to have gone down by, say, a single point, and left us asking questions about whether or not certain red cards, or not-given goals, would have affected our season.

That's right out the window, though - we are where we deserve to be. It has left me in a really shitty mood, and I'm lucky enough to be far enough away that I don't get to games.

Desperately trying to think of positives. Morton being promoted would be a good thing, and I'm looking forward to games in Dumfries and Edinburgh. Beyond that, I can see no positives.

In a way, it's nice to be unequivocally clear that we absolutely utterly deserve to be relegated. Early on in the season there was a lot of bleating about refereeing decisions, etc, and it would have been fairly galling to have gone down by, say, a single point, and left us asking questions about whether or not certain red cards, or not-given goals, would have affected our season.

Absolutely spot-on. Was thinking that very thing last night. No hard-luck stories. No conspiracy theories. We are f**king rubbish, and that is all.

Goes without saying it was a poor performance, but I saw poor performances from teams with a midfield of Fitzy, Aber, Stark and Richardson. Shit happens.

I cannot think of a more spineless, gutless, display of shitebaggery in all my years of watching St Mirren. Shameful. What the fcuk do they do at Ralston all week? Teale is clearly out of his depth, admittedly having been dealt a duff hand, but... he's an experienced international player who was of good quality. He should be able to have the team structured, organised, 'hard to beat', and to go into a 'must win' game with some fire in their bellies.

Thinking back to Kirk Broadfoot's displays after signing a pre-contract with Rangers should make the current lot hang their heads.

Not fit to wear the stripes.

Like Soctty says, when you consider the stakes and the opposition, it was definitely one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a football team. It was up there, for me, with Brazil's semi-final performance last summer, in terms of seeing a team simply fail to show up.

That's right out the window, though - we are where we deserve to be. It has left me in a really shitty mood, and I'm lucky enough to be far enough away that I don't get to games.

Desperately trying to think of positives. Morton being promoted would be a good thing, and I'm looking forward to games in Dumfries and Edinburgh. Beyond that, I can see no positives.

Yes, I'll give you that. I'm not depressed or unduly sad. I am resigned, I am annoyed and suitably embarassed right enough.

But strangely I am comforted by our special ability to take the hope away altogether, thereby rendering acceptance , establishing an unambiguous default to fail.

Thank youSt Mirren , the suffering is over before the split flowers.gif

Even worse than I remember then!

I remember thinking that result was just the wake-up call we needed. Any Johnny Big Baws delusions we might have harboured were blown away immediately. It didn't get much better, but that match didn't have anything like the importance of last night (though I agree, it was absolutely horrendous to watch).

Goes without saying it was a poor performance, but I saw poor performances from teams with a midfield of Fitzy, Aber, Stark and Richardson. Shit happens.

I cannot think of a more spineless, gutless, display of shitebaggery in all my years of watching St Mirren. Shameful. What the fcuk do they do at Ralston all week? Teale is clearly out of his depth, admittedly having been dealt a duff hand, but... he's an experienced international player who was of good quality. He should be able to have the team structured, organised, 'hard to beat', and to go into a 'must win' game with some fire in their bellies.

Thinking back to Kirk Broadfoot's displays after signing a pre-contract with Rangers should make the current lot hang their heads.

Not fit to wear the stripes.

Unfortunately. they are all fit to wear this Season's horrible stripes.

We f**ked up by effectively sacking Lennon then not appointing a manager to replace him. Assistant manager with no track record in management followed by a player with no track record in management. I think the chairman's wife will be next in the hot seat at this rate as we get further and further from what is required in the managerial position.

On the park we signed non-league players, fat guys laughed at by other pro clubs, ex players who couldn't get another team, injury prone players who barely play, and strikers with no track record at any level. For those wondering, that was Marwood, Ball, Tesselaar, Osbourne and Caldwell. We then pay off Marwood and Caldwell, while nobody will take Ball, Osbourne is almost permanently injured and Tesselaar can barely disguise his lack of affection for the club and the area. And that was just Tommy Craig's tenure!

Teale came in and we looked brighter initially, before he got his hands on the playing contracts, brining in a striker who doesn't score (but loves a red card), another striker who doesn't score (and normally turns us down at the last minute), young potential players who get almost no playing time until it's too late, and a bearded hero who scores within minutes of starting his first game then downs tools as he's done his bit. (Arquin, Gow, Sadlier, Sonupe, Dayton)

All the while we wait for our 63 year old saviour to recover from injury, expecting him to work miracles. We continue all season with one recognised centre half who is playing way above his level, a player-coach who picks up red cards and suspensions like souvenirs, and youngsters who clearly shouldn't be asked to be our saviours at their tender age. Add to that selling our top scorer, top assister and all round star of the team for a pittance.

Is there anything we got right this season? Are we really surprised we've been cut adrift and will be down by mid April?

We f**ked up by effectively sacking Lennon then not appointing a manager to replace him. Assistant manager with no track record in management followed by a player with no track record in management. I think the chairman's wife will be next in the hot seat at this rate as we get further and further from what is required in the managerial position.

On the park we signed non-league players, fat guys laughed at by other pro clubs, ex players who couldn't get another team, injury prone players who barely play, and strikers with no track record at any level. For those wondering, that was Marwood, Ball, Tesselaar, Osbourne and Caldwell. We then pay off Marwood and Caldwell, while nobody will take Ball, Osbourne is almost permanently injured and Tesselaar can barely disguise his lack of affection for the club and the area. And that was just Tommy Craig's tenure!

Teale came in and we looked brighter initially, before he got his hands on the playing contracts, brining in a striker who doesn't score (but loves a red card), another striker who doesn't score (and normally turns us down at the last minute), young potential players who get almost no playing time until it's too late, and a bearded hero who scores within minutes of starting his first game then downs tools as he's done his bit. (Arquin, Gow, Sadlier, Sonupe, Dayton)

All the while we wait for our 63 year old saviour to recover from injury, expecting him to work miracles. We continue all season with one recognised centre half who is playing way above his level, a player-coach who picks up red cards and suspensions like souvenirs, and youngsters who clearly shouldn't be asked to be our saviours at their tender age. Add to that selling our top scorer, top assister and all round star of the team for a pittance.

Is there anything we got right this season? Are we really surprised we've been cut adrift and will be down by mid April?

Is it a bad thing that this made me laugh?