Jack Ross Must Go.

Too many heads went down too quickly against Partick.

Stephen McGinn was not one of them.

Whether you are 1, or 2, or 3, or 4, or even 5 goals behind a player should have enough pride to want to portray to his manager, his team mates, the opposition team, and his own team's fans, that in the next 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, then 15, that he is better than what has gone before.

49 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I remember the days when teams were allowed a pre season to get the players fit and nobody gave a crap about friendlies because we all knew they were being used to get players fit/match fit. Now we have this league cup set up and we've not done well, other teams have. Now, does this mean our season will be rubbish and we write it off? I don't think so! Other teams in the past have had poor starts and went on to win the league and this might be the case here. All this stuff about the new players being not good enough is a tad early IMO, i'd love for every new player to hit the ground running but it's far more common for them to take time settling in. In an ideal world they wouldn't need time and we'd have finished top of our league cup group. I'm going to do what i always do and give the first quarter of league games to judge the season.

As I recall , most of the pre-season friendlies we played in recent times were very much a mixed bag and had little or no bearing on how the season went. .

We're not the only team in this country having a poor pre season but when you read some on the nonsense posted on this forum, I sometime wonder if every 2nd saint fan is a boo boy given the amount of gloom and doom posts. It is only a football team FFS :blink:

7 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Fecking brilliant reading all of this, where's Stu Dickson or who ever he was when we need his contributions?

If it's like this just now this forum will be on fire when the season starts. Get ready emoji23.pngemoji23.png

What if we're winning games though ? Where and what will they take their anger and frustration out on .

Thats a worry .

On 7/22/2017 at 7:25 PM, TopCat said:

Plaudits they deserved for finishing 19th in Scotland? Our worst finish for over a decade?

That might be a fair argument but for the fact it's being made by someone who wanted to get rid of the manager that got us our best finish in over twenty years.... 

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

5 minutes ago, Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes said:

That might be a fair argument but for the fact it's being made by someone who wanted to get rid of the manager that got us our best finish in over twenty years.... 

Aye but Tommy Craig was the brains behind that one with Danny Lennon shamefully stealing all the credit.

You gotta laugh... innit..?

apparently the league cup we won four short years ago is to be cherished, unless..! You go out quicker than a nipple in a wet t-shirt competition (gender neutral competition of course).

then it suddenly becomes "pre-season" really, and something Jack and the boys had no chance of being prepared for, and not a priority. That is unless you are Livi or Plastic Thistle, obviously they didnt get the memo it was just "pre-season" and subsequently their respective teams went out and played to win.... whit fools eh..?

i have to hold my hands up and say I thought "pre-season" was the friendly and bounce games you played, no cup, prize money or progression to play for. Like our games aginst the two pub teams in the highlands, and the bounce games. Again it seemed Alloa and Dundee didnt read the script and played like it meant something to them... what idiots they are.

hopefully someone will work it all out and let Jack and the boys know when the get-go really is..? Then we can sit back and sip on the champagne football bubbling over at the 2021. Looking forward to when the real seson starts now, cannae wait.

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Zoomers, Throbbers. 

And the dude cannae skim past posts. 

:lol:

To be fair , your nonsensical gibberish probably accounts for half the posts on here , making it difficult to ignore all of them .

I do try though.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

To be fair , your nonsensical gibberish probably accounts for half the posts on here , making it difficult to ignore all of them .

I do try though.

Apart from the one you quoted. 

2 hours ago, Soctty said:

Am I able to put a whole thread on ignore? People will still quote the zoomers I'm trying to block out so it'd be easier if I could just remove the topic from my timeline...

It really is quite easy, don't open the thread. :blink: I don't get people whining about other people on a football forum. Use ignore and move on, although there's no need for ignore as it only takes a second to flick over as I do with many posts that are not interesting to me. Personal taste and that's it. Too many use ignore for next to nothing, god help them in real life when they come across anyone that is different from them.

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It really is quite easy, don't open the thread. :blink: I don't get people whining about other people on a football forum. Use ignore and move on, although there's no need for ignore as it only takes a second to flick over as I do with many posts that are not interesting to me. Personal taste and that's it. Too many use ignore for next to nothing, god help them in real life when they come across anyone that is different from them.

Cannae beat a right good skim to bypass those you dinnae fancy reading. 

It is easy. 

There are a few Drama Queens on here.  

SKIM FFS  :lol:

I think Jack and James are a great management team , the best manager since Danny . Let's face it Danny would still be here if Craig hadn't been undermining him. .

Hmmmm, I'd genuinely question that. It wouldn't have been too long before Danny's unique ability to bring in players then pay them off would have seen him use up 1/3 of the next season's budget just doing that. That said, none of us really know the extent to which Tommy was undermining him during that final season.

As for Jack and James, fully agree that at our level and on the back of last season they are great. Having spoken to Jack for a decent length of time it's obvious he respects the club, has a real feeling for it and wants the players to feel the same way.

It really is quite easy, don't open the thread. :blink:I don't get people whining about other people on a football forum. Use ignore and move on, although there's no need for ignore as it only takes a second to flick over as I do with many posts that are not interesting to me. Personal taste and that's it. Too many use ignore for next to nothing, god help them in real life when they come across anyone that is different from them.

I don't get people who spend their entire life on a football forum, but there you go...

To sum up: bore off.

[emoji6]

I think Jack and James are a great management team , the best manager since Danny . Let's face it Danny would still be here if Craig hadn't been undermining him. .

I see there's still a throng of know alls who are telling you Danny needed to go as we were on the wane, what with the 8th place finish that followed the League Cup win...

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

I see there's still a throng of know alls who are telling you Danny needed to go as we were on the wane, what with the 8th place finish that followed the League Cup win...

8th place was just totally unacceptable , obviously we are in our right place right now . .if only we had brought wee Anxious back. .