• 12/1 Jim McIntyre
  • 12/1 Tommy Wright
  • 16/1 David Weir
  • 20/1 Alan Stubbs
  • 20/1 Alex McLeish
  • 20/1 Terry Butcher
  • 25/1 Ronny Deila
Quite a few ex players there.... Pressley good shout
I cant see the odds for Jack... I think he is on 50-1 bar with Andy Roxburgh :whistle 

Hills have Jon Daly as 1/4 fave

Jack is around 20/1 if I remember correctly

Peter Houston being mentioned as well owing to his previous working relationship with Levein. That could do us a favour actually...

ETA: Should have read preceding page first before posting ! :double

Edited by FS

Houston may be favourite, but with Hearts in over their head with the new stand how much compo will/can they afford on top of paying Cathro & co off..? Plus which decent experienced manager will want Levein telling him what to do?

my guess either the likes of Johnson, or anyone free and easy at the moment. McLeish? Butbthen again could Levein stomach taking on someone who did the job better than him?

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Houston may be favourite, but with Hearts in over their head with the new stand how much compo will/can they afford on top of paying Cathro & co off..? Plus which decent experienced manager will want Levein telling him what to do?

my guess either the likes of Johnson, or anyone free and easy at the moment. McLeish? Butbthen again could Levein stomach taking on someone who did the job better than him?

I was watching a show about the Sean Dillon testimonial  . Levein and Houston were all over each other like a rash , thick as thieves and obviously close friends. It would be no surprise if Hearts opt to steady the ship with Houston !

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I would not be surprised if Levein got the push also going what Hearts fans are saying. Jack Ross would be happy with that also I would think. Hearts won't be taking Jack. 

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

I was watching a show about the Sean Dillon testimonial  . Levein and Houston were all over each other like a rash , thick as thieves and obviously close friends. It would be no surprise if Hearts opt to steady the ship with Houston !

He is the bookies favourite, but might be deemed a wee bit auld for it. Our concern is if they go for a manager in the premiership, or even Mc Kinnon or Houston, then armed with their compensation Thistle, County, Fakes, Well, Kille, Arabs, Falkirk etc will have Ross on their shortlist.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

He is the bookies favourite, but might be deemed a wee bit auld for it. Our concern is if they go for a manager in the premiership, or even Mc Kinnon or Houston, then armed with their compensation Thistle, County, Fakes, Well, Kille, Arabs, Falkirk etc will have Ross on their shortlist.

On the other hand Gary Naysmith is short-odds. The QOS fans hate him to a man , I hope he stays where he is !

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

On the other hand Gary Naysmith is short-odds. The QOS fans hate him to a man , I hope he stays where he is !

Word from tyncastle is they are looking for experience... whatever that actually means?

my guess would be Archibald, Wright, Mcintyre, Houston or McKinnon.

the out of work managers, with the exception of Billy Davies would seem to rule themselves out. I.e. Hartley crashing at Dundee would be a strange choice to come in. Pretty sure Hearts will have whoever it is in this week, cant see them dragging it out with the season days away.

do i win the 'first to mention Billy Davies for a vacancy' prize?

Edited by Lord Pityme

Surely the Hearts BOD discussed Levin. The fact that Neillson got offered and is doing well at MK, was more down to him than CL.....

Or as Levin used to manage why not just appoint him or is he not good enough ?

Still think it will be a foreign manager, depends I guess on applications.....

Another team, like Sevco who bought success , so hope whoever they pick bombs

37 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I would not be surprised if Levein got the push also going what Hearts fans are saying. Jack Ross would be happy with that also I would think. Hearts won't be taking Jack. 

Ross dorsntbhave a cat in hells chance for the Hearts job, they wont be venturing down 'Inexperienced Rookie Avenue" again anytime soon. But if they choose a manager from a scottish club, that club, armed with their compo will have Ross on a shortlist.

Guest TPAFKATS

The same Gus that presided over our scintilating 4-0 home win against Celtic that saw Mowberry sacked?

Show some respect for a manager who stopped the rot, stabilised and improved us.

Show some respect [emoji23]
Is he deid?
Ffs

Guest TPAFKATS
         4/1 Steven Pressley
  • 5/1 Paul Hartley
  • 10/1 Gary Naysmith
  • 10/1 Allan Johnston
  • 12/1 Jim McIntyre
  • 12/1 Tommy Wright
  • 16/1 David Weir
  • 20/1 Alan Stubbs
  • 20/1 Alex McLeish
  • 20/1 Terry Butcher
  • 25/1 Ronny Deila
Quite a few ex players there.... Pressley good shout
I cant see the odds for Jack... I think he is on 50-1 bar with Andy Roxburgh :whistle 

No odds for Gus? Ffs bookies, show some respect...

Wish this thread would get burried the title name should not be there for the start of the season. Come on div get it removed it's insulting not free speach going into a new season.  

I think it should stay as a cautionary tale for all young Buddies around the hazards of talking absolute pish and drawing attention to yourself with your mind numbingly boring personal agenda.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Word from tyncastle is they are looking for experience... whatever that actually means?

my guess would be Archibald, Wright, Mcintyre, Houston or McKinnon.

the out of work managers, with the exception of Billy Davies would seem to rule themselves out. I.e. Hartley crashing at Dundee would be a strange choice to come in. Pretty sure Hearts will have whoever it is in this week, cant see them dragging it out with the season days away.

do i win the 'first to mention Billy Davies for a vacancy' prize?

As in Ray McKinnon? What experience has he got that Hearts would want?

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

There is zero chance of the next Hearts coach being Johnson.