Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
St.Ricky

Football Fans and Behaviour

Recommended Posts

This topic has come up in a number of threads.

I love the noise and emotions that football produces in the fans - even old codgers like me.

But where does exuberance end and become a nuisance to others?

For me every fan is an ambassador for their club. How we act is how we are perceived by others who don't share our interest.

On public transport - behave in line with societal norms.

On the street - obey the law. Violence or threats of violence are a big no, no.

In the ground - sing or shout your head off to support your team.

This doesn't give a licence to spend  90 minutes of constant swearing.

It doesn't give a licence to sing songs which give offence to others.

But

Comedy is very welcome. Shows of respect for the departed are very welcome.

My love of St Mirren doesn't come with a need to hate other teams or their supporters.

Without them - we would have no games to attend and the noise level at matches would be lower.

Anyway - those are some off the top of my head thoughts.

Thoughts anyone?

(Saints fans have shown respect to periods of silence and initiated a minute's applause a number of times)

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

FFS! Yet another unnecessary thread.

Aren't they all?

Mind you - I agree - this topic shouldn't need to come up on any threads.

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chalky1 said:

Why not just post your answer on one of the number of threads running, rather than starting another one, I'm with stlucifer, needless thread 

Number of fans per team charged under OBA 2015-16

1. Rangers – 71
2. Celtic – 27
3. Kilmarnock – 26
4. Hearts – 25
5. St Mirren – 21
6. Hibernian – 17
7. Partick Thistle – 16
8. Hamilton – 13
9. Motherwell – 9
10. Aberdeen – 8

One league table I would like us to be at the bottom of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Why not just post your answer on one of the number of threads running, rather than starting another one, I'm with stlucifer, needless thread 

Number of fans per team charged under OBA 2015-16

1. Rangers – 71
2. Celtic – 27
3. Kilmarnock – 26
4. Hearts – 25
5. St Mirren – 21
6. Hibernian – 17
7. Partick Thistle – 16
8. Hamilton – 13
9. Motherwell – 9
10. Aberdeen – 8

One league table I would like us to be at the bottom of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Number of fans per team charged under OBA 2015-16

1. Rangers – 71
2. Celtic – 27
3. Kilmarnock – 26
4. Hearts – 25
5. St Mirren – 21
6. Hibernian – 17
7. Partick Thistle – 16
8. Hamilton – 13
9. Motherwell – 9
10. Aberdeen – 8

One league table I would like us to be at the bottom of

FFS. We need six more OBAs to qualify for the Europa League. Get it sorted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

This topic has come up in a number of threads.

I love the noise and emotions that football produces in the fans - even old codgers like me.

But where does exuberance end and become a nuisance to others?

For me every fan is an ambassador for their club. How we act is how we are perceived by others who don't share our interest.

On public transport - behave in line with societal norms.

On the street - obey the law. Violence or threats of violence are a big no, no.

In the ground - sing or shout your head off to support your team.

This doesn't give a licence to spend  90 minutes of constant swearing.

It doesn't give a licence to sing songs which give offence to others.

But

Comedy is very welcome. Shows of respect for the departed are very welcome.

My love of St Mirren doesn't come with a need to hate other teams or their supporters.

Without them - we would have no games to attend and the noise level at matches would be lower.

Anyway - those are some off the top of my head thoughts.

Thoughts anyone?

(Saints fans have shown respect to periods of silence and initiated a minute's applause a number of times)

I agree with some of this but when I see it written down in such a prescriptive way I just think Sanctimonious pish. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Been discussed to death very recently.
St Ricky, king of pointless threads.
Start a thread about "amount of must win" games this season.
 


We should treat every league game as a "must win" until the results can no longer affect our league position. The cups are obviously "must win" ties or we're out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can probably sum my view up in a short sentence - I don't expect all St Mirren fans to be angels, but what gets on my tits are a new generation of youngsters following us who act like some sort of wannabee 'firm' when they get together in a group and seemingly think its OK to act like cunts.

Grow up.

That's it for me - now, gie's a fully fit signing! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Can probably sum my view up in a short sentence - I don't expect all St Mirren fans to be angels, but what gets on my tits are a new generation of youngsters following us who act like some sort of wannabee 'firm' when they get together in a group and seemingly think its OK to act like cunts.

Grow up.

That's it for me - now, gie's a fully fit signing! :D

Hopefully don't have to wait too long for that full fit signing.*

 

*I have no inside info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

 

 


We should treat every league game as a "must win" until the results can no longer affect our league position. The cups are obviously "must win" ties or we're out.

 

Quote of the season so far.......................... :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×