Play Mehmet

I like Mehmet but he's not good enough.

He is in no way whatsoever a goal threat.

Kean gets a chance...scores 2 goals.

Corcoran gets a chance...scores 1.

Billy Mehmet has been given a lengthy run in the team and has not proved much more than the fact that he gives loads of effort and holds the ball up quite well.

Mark Corcoran has not been given a similar run in the team.

If he was, he would not only score more goals, but he would help to create them.

Corcoran has something that defenders hate to play against...he runs at them, he has pace, he is tricky, he is skillful. Defenders hate to play against someone like that.

Give Corky the same run in the team that Mehmet has had and watch the difference...

Sutton and Corcoran to start against Dunfermline.

Do that and we'll win...

:wink:

I like Mehmet but he's not good enough.

He is in no way whatsoever a goal threat.

Kean gets a chance...scores 2 goals.

Corcoran gets a chance...scores 1.

Billy Mehmet has been given a lengthy run in the team and has not proved much more than the fact that he gives loads of effort and holds the ball up quite well.

Mark Corcoran has not been given a similar run in the team.

If he was, he would not only score more goals, but he would help to create them.

Corcoran has something that defenders hate to play against...he runs at them, he has pace, he is tricky, he is skillful. Defenders hate to play against someone like that.

Give Corky the same run in the team that Mehmet has had and watch the difference...

Sutton and Corcoran to start against Dunfermline.

Do that and we'll win...

:wink:

coco should be in till keanos fit then make a judgment from there :wink:

^^^

Couldn't agree more.

See every time Coco comes on the park at Love St down that left wing, I think it's great - you don't know what's coming, it's exciting, it's fresh, it gives us something new. He takes on players, creates chances.

Does anyone remember the last time he took to the park against ICT the shot he had from the edge of the box?? Absolute peach....

I know there is a different thread for the transfer window but just seen that Steve Tosh has been released by Gretna as part of a wage cutting exercise. Wonder if he could do a job up front and take some of the pressure off Sutton?

Can't understand why no one else has mentioned Tosh in either thread. A goal scoring midfielder was pretty high up most people's shopping list for the transfer window. I know we can't afford what Gretna were paying him but then apparently neither can they any more.

IMO we could do a lot worse!

Edited by Bud the Baker

OK so he does show some neat touches laying balls off, but on the many occasions the attack doesn't go though him is their any reason at all why he doesn't go join Sutton in the penalty box? Surely Sutton holds the ball up too in attacks so why do we see Billy take up Sutton's position so little. Frustrating as he had an excellent attempt v Celtic. I think the striker's movement and abilty to spot when to move to the right area is something that's there in your head or isn't and I fear we'll never see the best of Mehmet as a striker.

OK so he does show some neat touches laying balls off, but on the many occasions the attack doesn't go though him is their any reason at all why he doesn't go join Sutton in the penalty box? Surely Sutton holds the ball up too in attacks so why do we see Billy take up Sutton's position so little. Frustrating as he had an excellent attempt v Celtic. I think the striker's movement and abilty to spot when to move to the right area is something that's there in your head or isn't and I fear we'll never see the best of Mehmet as a striker.

Gus obviously can see potential there in Mehmet to be a good player and he's not been far wrong about many players. If given a more central role to play i still believe Billy could do the business.

Gus obviously can see potential there in Mehmet to be a good player and he's not been far wrong about many players. If given a more central role to play i still believe Billy could do the business.

Surely you're not suggesting Gus tells him to stay away from the opposition's goal?

A few people in this thread have already hit the nail on the head........Mehmet does not have a striker's instinct. He doesn't score many goals because he rarely gets into the positions to do so. Far too often he holds the ball up, lays it off.......and that's it - no run into the box to try and get on the end of something. There is no way on this earth that any natural goalscorer would do that.

As far as I'm concerned he should only be considered for a starting place if Sutton gets injured and even then I'd be tempted to try the Kean-Corcoran partnership that terrorised Motherwell in the cup last year and leave him on the bench.

I cannot believe after the run we had with Mehmet in the side that anyone wants to put him back in again ahead of Coco or Burke.

He is not a striker.

If we play him, we're relying solely on Sutton to play a striker's role. This leaves us with no-one closing teams down, chasing balls or picking up the scraps.

Why on earth is everyone all of a sudden believing Mehmet's so good when he was hardly good enough for the First Division?

In the last two games without Mehmet, at home to Hearts and away to Killie, we created our three goals from midfield play going into the box. All three were created this way.

ALL THREE were scored by two strikers who've been below Mehmet in the pecking order since the Dunfermline game, injuries or not.

With Mehmet IN the side, the goals we scored were:

One from Vanzy, a one-off fluke if I may say from the right wing. Another two: Lappin ---> Sutton's head ---> back of net. Another - Sutton penalty. Who won the penalty? Corcky.

Ok, Mehmet bagged a goal at Falkirk (a one off on this occasion too :lol: ) but look at the difference the past two games with him out of the side.

I'm sorry but he cannot cut it as a striker at this level. He is not good enough and doesn't work with our system, simple as that.

McKenna

Dunfermline are a big team and we need the big man in there to rough them up a bit. Corcoran wouldn't be as effective against their defence.

i have to disagree with this, Memhet may be big but how often have we seen him shrugged off the ball for his size he doesn't have much strengh, should only be played if Sutton is out, i'd go with Coco id like to see him run at thier clumsy defence and watch them give a free kicks left right and centre, maby even a sneaky pen.

I can't believe Gus started with 2 small strikers yesterday at the expense of Billy.....didn't work. If Billy had been on from the start we'd have won.

memhet has a f**king cheek to call himself a pro footballer, his shot he had in the last min hit f**king caiters corner, ballboy was half way doon albion street, if gus give this heap of garbage a new contract then were doomed, empty him on the 1st chance we get along with burke :wink:

Edited by santaponsasaint

memhet has a f**king cheek to call himself a pro footballer, his shot a had in the last min hit f**king caiters corner, ballboy was half way doon albion street, if gus give this heap of garbage a new contract then were doomed, empty him on the 1st chance we get along with burke :wink:

I agree mehmet is PISH any1 we bring in is better than him

memhet has a f**king cheek to call himself a pro footballer, his shot he had in the last min hit f**king caiters corner, ballboy was half way doon albion street, if gus give this heap of garbage a new contract then were doomed, empty him on the 1st chance we get along with burke :wink:

You dont like him do you. He was clearly not fit yesterday as he was holding his back a few times. It is not working out for him at the moment and his form is getting worse than better each passing week. I thought Burke did okay and had a great run down the line just like he use to do when he was at Killie. David McKenna must be worried about his future. He scores and plays well in reserve games and yet a half fit Mehmet still gets in ahead of him. This young boy thing doesnt wash with me, he is now 20 and scored goals in his loan spell. We are down to the bare bones now and he should get a chance.

You dont like him do you. He was clearly not fit yesterday as he was holding his back a few times. It is not working out for him at the moment and his form is getting worse than better each passing week. I thought Burke did okay and had a great run down the line just like he use to do when he was at Killie. David McKenna must be worried about his future. He scores and plays well in reserve games and yet a half fit Mehmet still gets in ahead of him. This young boy thing doesnt wash with me, he is now 20 and scored goals in his loan spell. We are down to the bare bones now and he should get a chance.

is that another excuse for memhet, how many more excuses are we gonna drag up for this guy,

Think you are being a wee bit harsh, don't you think???

Mehmet didn't get any decent service from the midfield yet again yesterday. In the 2nd half the midfield were non-existant, we badly need an attacking midfielder then Billy won't have to come so deep to get the ball. Billy will get goals soon, when he gets one his confidence will soar.