Club Sale. Developments "very Soon"

div

I thought so also which you can find in my history.

Now I have changed my opinion as there is something very bad about the latest offer.

Days of old the Scottish hierarchy was very famous for taking 6 peaces of silver from their enemy for wealth and power. Indeed history dose repeat it’s self.

What changed your mind?

The big development I guess is that the existing consortium members are all going to be large stakeholders in the co-operative. That swap of equity in lieu of cash means that the fans "only" need to find £250k over 2 years to take full ownership of the club. Forever.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity now, the fans either need to grab this and make it happen, or sit back and do nothing. It's entirely now up to us.

The big development I guess is that the existing consortium members are all going to be large stakeholders in the co-operative. That swap of equity in lieu of cash means that the fans "only" need to find £250k over 2 years to take full ownership of the club. Forever.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity now, the fans either need to grab this and make it happen, or sit back and do nothing. It's entirely now up to us.

Can you remind us what the 87 Club is, Div?

I agree with this, and I'm in.

What's needed now, right now (IMHO!) is to get the message out immediately. Beyond the usual boundaries of the two main St Mirren fan forums. The 'Well Society' were heavily featured in a BBC 10 minute spot - I voiced concern that we were in danger of being 'left behind' - in the PR stakes. In the area of publicity and of the St Mirren community ownership plan being visible beyond the borders of the St Mirren online community.

To put not too fine a point on it - look at the shambles going on 5 miles up the road. These two-faced cnuts were going on about r*ngers becoming a shining beacon for community ownership. I nearly spat my cornflakes across the living room. Only yesterday, we had Henry McLeish speaking on Radio 5, and unbelievably, he said 'if the r*ngers situation isn't a wake up call for the rest of Scottish football to get their own finances in order, I don't know what is'. Once more, my cornflakes nearly hit the opposite wall of the living room. I wondered just what McLeish thought the likes of St Mirren, St Johnstone, Hibs, and even c*ltic, have been doing for the last decade....

We need to get our community ownership plan out there - big time. That time isn't in two weeks, two months, or heaven forbid, another two years. It is tomorrow, the day after..... r*ngers are in meltdown. 10000hours and the consortium - strike now, and don't miss your target.

Edited by pozbaird

I agree with this, and I'm in.

What's needed now, right now (IMHO!) is to get the message out immediately. Beyond the usual boundaries of the two main St Mirren fan forums. The 'Well Society' were heavily featured in a BBC 10 minute spot - I voiced concern that we were in danger of being 'left behind' - in the PR stakes. In the area of publicity and of the St Mirren community ownership plan being visible beyond the borders of the St Mirren online community.

To put not too fine a point on it - look at the shambles going on 5 miles up the road. These two-faced cnuts were going on about r*ngers becoming a shining beacon for community ownership. I nearly spat my cornflakes across the living room. Only yesterday, we had Henry McLeish speaking on Radio 5, and unbelievably, he said 'if the r*ngers situation isn't a wake up call for the rest of Scottish football to get their own finances in order, I don't know what is'. Once more, my cornflakes nearly hit the opposite wall of the living room. I wondered just what McLeish thought the likes of St Mirren, St Johnstone, Hibs, and even c*ltic, have been doing for the last decade....

We need to get our community ownership plan out there - big time. That time isn't in two weeks, two months, or heaven forbid, another two years. It is tomorrow, the day after..... r*ngers are in meltdown. 10000hours and the consortium - strike now, and don't miss your target.

Aww man, What with you and Reborn Saint on here there's never a dull moment. What happened to you just wanting to watch football and eat pies.

FWIW I totally agree with you now. The situation at Ibrox and actually the news that came out on Saturday (whether it's all it appears to be or not) should put into a very clear light why the CIC and Cooperative models being proposed make sense as a football ownership model. One member one vote offers a huge amount of protection against those who would put personal profit over the status of the club.

What I'd love to see next is for those who were so strong in their opinions against the CIC getting on board now so that they can have their voice heard from within the club and to be able to cast their votes as well. It's so much healthier to have a range of strongly held opinions rather than just a bunch of yes men and arse lickers.

Aww man, What with you and Reborn Saint on here there's never a dull moment. What happened to you just wanting to watch football and eat pies.

In regard to debating the merits or otherwise of the Richard Atkinson community plan, or the rights and wrongs of the selling consortium even banding together in the first place and freezing out the likes of GLS - then after two years of joining in the debate on these matters, and going over it, time, and time again - then aye, I remain scunnered with it, and just want to concentrate on watching dodgy passes across our backline, an inability to win at home, and to sit in my plastic seat munching my steak 'n' gravy pie....

I absolutely stand by that - if there's a debate starting up again about what the 'mysterious stranger' is up to, if there's a multi-million page discussion about SNP cnutcillors, or anything about the 'kibbles man' - FFS, I won't be anywhere near it.

Been there. The new announcement is the first in ages - I agree with Div's sentiment about it being in our hands to either back it or not. I don't see what is wrong in joining in a new debate about what happens from this day forward.

Edit:

Here's my quote that you picked up part of.

I'm actually tired of debating the merits or otherwise of a CIC, CO-op, a Well Society, or a takeover by 'traditional' means. I just want to rack up every second Saturday, buy a pie, watch my team playing fitba' and go home either happy or sad.

Edited by pozbaird

I'm sure this has been answered before, but can someone remind me anyway. What happens to the shares in the club that some of us already own?

The quickest way to get an answer to that from RA is to ask on the 10000Hours facebook page or 10000Hours website forum... at one point they were talking (I think) about a way of including the 48% of shareholders who are not part of the consortium.

I'm sure this has been answered before, but can someone remind me anyway. What happens to the shares in the club that some of us already own?

There was something about trading them in for co-op shares I think....best to check with 10k hrs. From memory the 87 club was going to be 87 lifetime members. There would be various benefits such as lunch with ex-players, etc....and there would be an '87 club roll of honour at the stadium. I think it was £3,000 one off payment - it might have changed with the remodelling to co-op doofery.

There was something about trading them in for co-op shares I think....best to check with 10k hrs. From memory the 87 club was going to be 87 lifetime members. There would be various benefits such as lunch with ex-players, etc....and there would be an '87 club roll of honour at the stadium. I think it was £3,000 one off payment - it might have changed with the remodelling to co-op doofery.

You really are barking mad1eye.gif

The quickest way to get an answer to that from RA is to ask on the 10000Hours facebook page or 10000Hours website forum... at one point they were talking (I think) about a way of including the 48% of shareholders who are not part of the consortium.

Something like that.

My guess is that the next Shareholders AGM may well be the last.

Maybe the offer will be 1 share SMFC PLC will = 1 share in 10Khrs SMFC, who knows.

One thing I would imagine is that there may be annual dividends per share, mainly in order to 'pay off' the Consortiums 'investment' into 10Khrs SMFC.

After they are paid off... again who knows, but I am sure the St. Mirren Fans Co-Operative Constitution - when ratified by the membership - will cover those sort of things. In fact, one of the first things 10Khrs SMFC MUST produce is a draft Constitution.

Interesting times. I've no doubt that we will reach the required solo ordinary memberships (1000), however will we see 87 fans put up £3,000 each to join the 87 club? I hope i'm wrong, but thats quite a difficult target. Of course if we happened to get 2000 ordinary members, maybe 87 87s are not needed - if you catch my drift?

One things is for sure the PR, needs to be upped to spread the word.

Edited by Vambo57