Halfords - Bulb Change

dave.j

I think it is usually done by the guys in the shop , just after purchase. .

Why not do it yerself , big fella. .

It's a 56 plate megane.

If you've seen the top gear episode specifically about this issue, you'll know that the Kents at Renault are at it and its easier to get into Fort Knox.

Would normally go to Geirge Wade but he doesn't work weekends.

I had a Citroen C4 (coupe-style) that was also notoriously bad for changing headlamp bulbs. So much so, than when I took it to the local garage, after half an hour with wee mirrors on sticks etc., the mechanic threw in the towel. Eventually (and after some trawling of forums online) I opted to actually remove the entire headlamp units, stick them on the kitchen table, and do it that way. Less than an hour later, and BINGO! Job done.

Worth considering as you'll save a few bob, and your car is less likely to get trashed by some spotty kid from Halfords.

Edited by Drew

It's a 56 plate megane.

If you've seen the top gear episode specifically about this issue, you'll know that the Kents at Renault are at it and its easier to get into Fort Knox.

Would normally go to Geirge Wade but he doesn't work weekends.

Ha, I'd be amazed if they do the Megane. Wheel off job isn't it? Typical nonsense French design!

I wouldnt give halfords the miney anymore for maintenance. I worked it out myself after paying them to fit last time. They charged me an extra couple of quid on top of that as they said there was a 'loose wire'. A loose wire which could have been easily knocked out during his tampering about.

Worth considering as you'll save a few bob, and your car is less likely to get trashed by some spotty kid from Halfords.

I'd not recommend Halfords either. I go bulbs changed there once, complete disaster, lasted about a week and the headlights have never been the same since.

Now I go to the local garage, who charges about a fiver and is much more efficient.

There are some cars that they dont fit too on the spot as they are to difficult. Work mate tried to get them to fit to a ford KA they refused. Worth checking online/store to save a wasted trip.

My sister used to have a Ka - I think you need to jack it up and fit the bulb from underneath (which is obviously not very easy since you then can't actually see what you are doing).