The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Disappointing result but in the absence of a Yes victory, a decisive No was the best option in that there can be no arguments, it puts it to bed. On reflection Yes needed to do more to attempt to bring round those of a BT persuasion. More of the attempts by all the Yes support on here was required. Instead nationally Yes appears to have been preaching to the already converted and taking their guaranteed love for a misplaced nationwide mood swing. Almost cult like campaigning on reflection. Ultimately misguided. Up to Labour and the Tories now to deliver whatever promises they made. Interesting times.

Happy to see such pure democracy in action in my country.

When I campaigned for NO today I made a point to thank all who voted on their way out, yes sticker or not. Would like to extend that gratitude to all my friends on here who posted their vote, regardless of who it was for.

We move forward now as a proud nation, and a proud nation with it's own identity within our UK. It's not perfect, but it's really, really good.

Let us not become disenfranchised, let us be inspired to make Scotland an even greater country.

Edited by TopCat

BBC forecasting 55/45 No/Yes. Disappointing result for me personally but what I've been forecasting all along and a big step up from the previous splits in general elections. Up to us now to stay involved and to ensure that Westminster follows through on its promises of more powers for Holyrood. And disappointment is second nature to a St Mirren/Scotland fan, life goes on

:)

On the bright side, another vote in a few years after a couple of years of the Boris/Farage combo in charge and we'll see a landslide!

Anyway, obviously disappointed with the result but we'll just have to see whether or not the unionist parties come across with the "substantial" new powers for the Scottish parliament or not.

55% No, 45% Yes - 100% of the Scottish electorate to hold them to it.

Looks like Phil will still have to put up with his MIL and we'll all still have to put up with Dorothy. sad.png

Agreed ,I have been NO from the start , one post that nearly swayed me was from Buddiecat I think were he mentioned theses new powers being blocked by Tory backbenchers.

Good speech by Cameron, actually thought he had a decent campaign. He could be a great prime minister, certainly the best in my memory. Granted Scottish people won't ever say that because he's a southern softie.

That's me off to bed now. Been up since 8am yesterday. What an unforgettably exhilarating day.

Few hours sleep then off to Glasgow for the party, then the St Mirren game for the come down...:(

Got up at 6am absloutly gutted from a personal point of view.

YES - Not enough clarity however a lot will have been learned make no mistake Independence will not go away.

Better Together - Won with scare stories

It's now up to Scottish politicians of all parties to deliver more powers to Scotland.

Good speech by Cameron, actually thought he had a decent campaign. He could be a great prime minister, certainly the best in my memory. Granted Scottish people won't ever say that because he's a southern softie.

That's me off to bed now. Been up since 8am yesterday. What an unforgettably exhilarating day.

Few hours sleep then off to Glasgow for the party, then the St Mirren game for the come down...sad.png

Cameron could be a great Prime Minster ? FFS do you understand what his polices stand for ? Will put that down to you being up all night and in need of a sleep.

Facebook in meltdown...............................lol.gif

Seems democracy isn't enough............maybe a fascist state is what we should be?

There's no need to be disappointed, Scotland has more power in the UK with the stability that being part of the UK brings.

Our profile throughout the world is higher and there has been a clear message that Scotland wants more say in it's own matters.

Seems a win win to me. thumbup2.gif