Saints V Celtic Lunchtime Sun 5 Jan

For all my own whining and hand-ringing, one thing really encourages me and that is the progress of the young players in our squad who are now featuring routinely in the starting 11.

These lads will learn lessons from that experience this afternoon, and will improve as a result. They are the future of SMFC, and I'm confident that they will grow and become the core of the 1st team within the next 2 years - assuming we can hold onto them.

FFS, I'm sounding like Dannyph34r.png

Edited by Drew

One of the main things that contributed to our doing today was our inability (with exception of McGinn) to make even simple passes to a black and white jersey. The amount of times we gave the ball away was unbelievable - no wonder we didn't manage a shot at goal. We made it easy for Celtic and stood off them all day long .... oh for an Aber or Lex Richardson !

Celtic are undefeated in the League this season. Better teams than us cannot beat them so I don't think we should overly worry about not winning today. Ignore it and move on .... :)

It's not about Celtic and their unbeaten record. Today was a poor effort by us , the players and the manager. From a ST Mirren point of view I'm concerned how we had absolutely hee haw today ........... I cannot think of a single chance we had., we had no snap or drive. That and the the tired looking staff on display today is a cause for concern.

I thought playing the big teams and getting up for it was all about top league football , testing yourself against the best blah de blah. Well we failed that exam, completely , on all counts.

We do move on , next week at the Fakes..........a doddle eh ?!

It's not about Celtic and their unbeaten record. Today was a poor effort by us , the players and the manager. From a ST Mirren point of view I'm concerned how we had absolutely hee haw today ........... I cannot think of a single chance we had., we had no snap or drive. That and the the tired looking staff on display today is a cause for concern.

I thought playing the big teams and getting up for it was all about top league football , testing yourself against the best blah de blah. Well we failed that exam, completely , on all counts.

We do move on , next week at the Fakes..........a doddle eh ?!

Maybe my magic TV seen something you didn't.

While we didn't have a shot on goal we DID make a few chances.

While we didn't have a shot on goal we DID make a few chances.[/quote ].

Ocht c'mon.....semantics, a pedant alert.

Ok we were in their half a few times Foster had to save nothing, nil, hee haw, compare with Kello's shift, , jeez Celtic didn't need their keeper today, is that better ?

Clear cut chances , nil....add to that in case you missed it, we were very poor and tired today. C'mon, seriously, did your magic telly suggest otherwise ?

While we didn't have a shot on goal we DID make a few chances.[/quote ].

Ocht c'mon.....semantics, a pedant alert.

Ok we were in their half a few times Foster had to save nothing, nil, hee haw, compare with Kello's shift, , jeez Celtic didn't need their keeper today, is that better ?

Clear cut chances , nil....add to that in case you missed it, we were very poor and tired today. C'mon, seriously, did your magic telly suggest otherwise ?

Calm down dear, only pointing out we DID create a few half chances. whistling.gif

Changing the goalposts? wink.png

I DID say we didn't have a shot on goal, no need to repeat the bleedin obvious. tongue.png

The squad assembled in the summer was weak. It does not have any depth and bar a decent starting x1 we are wafer thin. If we have tiredness or loss of form and injury then your going to get bad results. Although even with our best team out fresh we still lose the majority of matches.

But Pozbaird says we should look at Morton falkirk Dundee teams like that and be happy we are where we are we could be as bad as these teams.So be happy to be utter shite in the spfl while every other team the the same size as us in there are way better than us.

I posted that in response to your utter pish saying that we've been shite for the last thirty years.

I actually hate myself for biting, and dignifying that post with a response. I feel sullied - need a shower.

That was a very poor performance and I hope they get the message that I wasn't good enough.

However the same thing happened to Motherwell time and again the last few seasons and they have been consistently better at gathering the points over that time.

Some very slack play which reminded me of Utd a few weeks ago when they were pressed out of their stride by our boys...Celtic are a strong and skillful team and played well today and when they do that most teams will struggle.

I do feel encouraged by our young uns... McGinn, Kelly and Naismith are developing well...both FB's struggled a little in today's conditions, hope that was a blip...we have a cracking keeper signed up and I thought Campbell looked excellent with the limited supply he got today...looked very sharp and aware. Thompson is still playing well and hopefully the help from Campbell will encourage him that he's not doing it alone up front.

Goodwin returns fresh

Still concerned about centre half...all 3 showing limitations and inconsitent performances...frustrating as all can look the part when they get it right.

Although they hit the post twce I do not think Kello had one save to make today in the first half. We played some really good football but were up against a defence that plays Champions League football and a team full of internationalists so to compare ourselves to them means there only will be one winner. They have a huge pool of players compared to us and brought back influential and international players like Adam Mathews and James Forest today and rested others. A luxury that us and every other team in the League can only dream about. We had Goodwin, Teale and Mclean all out - a big blow to our meagre squad.

Yes, they ran over the top of us in the second half after the first goal went in but it was a huge test for all our youngsters today and they looked knackered and deflated after the first goal. Naismith and Kelly look exhausted and we ended up with 6 players under the age of 20 on the park at the end. Danny said on the radio that he hopes to sign more players during the window so let's see what comes in.

I was disappointed we dropped points against Hearts and Killie but had no expectations today and was pleased at 0-0 at half time. We got beat by Celtic. Like every other team in the League. No big deal. We need a wee rest, new additions then continue our march for top six.

Although they hit the post twce I do not think Kello had one save to make today in the first half. We played some really good football but were up against a defence that plays Champions League football and a team full of internationalists so to compare ourselves to them means there only will be one winner. They have a huge pool of players compared to us and brought back influential and international players like Adam Mathews and James Forest today and rested others. A luxury that us and every other team in the League can only dream about. We had Goodwin, Teale and Mclean all out - a big blow to our meagre squad.

Yes, they ran over the top of us in the second half after the first goal went in but it was a huge test for all our youngsters today and they looked knackered and deflated after the first goal. Naismith and Kelly look exhausted and we ended up with 6 players under the age of 20 on the park at the end. Danny said on the radio that he hopes to sign more players during the window so let's see what comes in.

I was disappointed we dropped points against Hearts and Killie but had no expectations today and was pleased at 0-0 at half time. We got beat by Celtic. Like every other team in the League. No big deal. We need a wee rest, new additions then continue our march for top six.

As I said elsewhere... our next few games:

11-Jan-2014 St Johnstone Away

18-Jan-2014 Hibernian Away

25-Jan-2014 Partick Thistle Home

02-Feb-2014 Celtic Away

09-Feb-2014 Dundee United Away (CUP)

15-Feb-2014 Aberdeen Home

I would go as far as to say if we do NOT pick up three points against the Fakes... a ground where we always struggle... then the tone will be set and we will struggle to get any points from that lot... even a home draw to Thistle being a bonus!

The donating of points to Hearts and Killie far outweigh the horror of today IMO... and are real cause for concern... especially as they were avoidable!

I'm willing the management team to give me some hope to cling on to... something to believe in... ... but it's getting harder! I do want them to turn it around and to succeed... I truly do...

but I think I am suffering from Déjà Moo! (the feeling I've heard all this bull before!!!!!) ph34r.png