St Mirren V Partick Thistle 25/1/2014

faraway saint

Yet another pathetic goalless performance and a rip off for £20. Let's face it, the board knows that Saints won't be relegated automatically as Hearts are doomed, so they are banking on either scraping third bottom or winning a play off. Otherwise the manager would have gone long ago. Instead he won't , quite rightly, be allowed to get any new players and we fans are being forced to watch rubbish like yesterday where we couldn't string two passes together . I don't go every week but have seen only TWO wins this season, how is that meant to sustain fans ? Btw is Lennon still at the club? I never saw him once yesterday, he must hide in his dugout. Perhaps even he has a sense of embarrassment at the incompetence.

The new player Wylde ? Heart of a mouse, a typical Lennon signing. What's the odds we lose on Wednesday , don't bet against it.

Personally I feel we're not giving Thistle enough credit. They closed down well and created a few chances. Draw was probably a fair result.

As much as I want to like Danny, he doesn't adapt into a game whatsoever. Starts out with his gameplan and rarely changes it. Campbell would've had more joy out wide, or running at Mair as someone else mentioned. There seems to be a fear of making tactical changes, not good management.

Another point. Why are our advertising boards so shit? :lol: Think 2 or 3 players ended up getting slammed through them yesterday. Someone is going to end up getting hurt.

I'm not entirely sure what our game plan was yesterday tbh and it didn't seem that the players did either ! Campbell seemed to be playing right mid and didn't look like he was particularly enjoying the experience. Goodwin and McGinn more or less was our midfield and thankfully both had good games, Goodwin back to doing what he does best in breaking up the play. Thistle dominated possession for long periods but are toothless in the final third and are guilty of over playing it. Yes we had a few chances but I would expect that as for me this was a game we should have been looking to win.Typical St Mirren and it looks like we are set up for our usual end of the season rollercoaster ph34r.png

Newton wasn't fit enough to start the game so Danny must have thought Campbell was capable of playing that role. Now we know he isn't.

Hopefully we'll see a slight change of shape on Wednesday night and we can use guys like Campbell and play to his strengths.

See my last post, maybe you are an alias of Lex supporting himself

Maybe you are an entirely different brand of douchebag

keep posting and we will find out

I'm a douchebag? Thats cute xxbangin.gif

We should be beating hearts with no problem at all, it's a team of under 20's with a few pro's and a Jamie Hamil thrown in, i expect three points.

Beating Hibs was surprising and a great three points but the performance against thistle yesterday and the 0-0 draw is unacceptable for me. That should've been a stick on 3 points.

I'm a douchebag? Thats cute xxbangin.gif

We should be beating hearts with no problem at all, it's a team of under 20's with a few pro's and a Jamie Hamil thrown in, i expect three points.

Beating Hibs was surprising and a great three points but the performance against thistle yesterday and the 0-0 draw is unacceptable for me. That should've been a stick on 3 points.

Hearts beat the new all improved Ross County yesterday who, if we believe some, have a GREAT manager and signed the equivalent to Ronaldo.

Hearts are weak but it's football and taking anything for granted is foolish, unless there's an agenda.

Hearts beat the new all improved Ross County yesterday who, if we believe some, have a GREAT manager and signed the equivalent to Ronaldo.

Hearts are weak but it's football and taking anything for granted is foolish, unless there's an agenda.

Hearts are a poor side and Wednesday should see us gain three points.

They're very poor defensively and if the manager actually changes tactics to suit the opponent, we'll win the game.

I suppose we could win the game if the players play well, or doesn't that count?

It's down to the manager and TC to make sure the players are up for this game and ready to play well. Of course they can't compensate for poor performances once they cross the line onto the pitch but i'd hate to think the players would be unable to beat this team even with one or two players on an off game.

It's down to the manager and TC to make sure the players are up for this game and ready to play well. Of course they can't compensate for poor performances once they cross the line onto the pitch but i'd hate to think the players would be unable to beat this team even with one or two players on an off game.

ermmm correct me if im wrong here ...but

wasnt it Thommo the hero/legend/god that missed 2 sitters?

ye cannae always blame the manager

Some of the stuff on here is just so repetitive .We're an average team that, like other average teams, lack consistency. Add to that we f**ked up our squad in the summer and have little or no depth at key positions and you get another bottom six year with a relegation scrap.

I'm not sure what people expect once the season is underway? Anyone who watches us knew where the issues would lie and that's been the case. We maybe have a chance to change that in the window but I wouldn't hold out much hope and tbh I'm not sure the manager would be able to get the best out of f**king Barcelona so it might be pointless bringing in new faces.

All that being said, if we beat Hearts on Wednesday then we'll have taken 7 points from the last three games which I'm sure we'd all have been delighted with at 3pm last Saturday?

ermmm correct me if im wrong here ...but

wasnt it Thommo the hero/legend/god that missed 2 sitters?

ye cannae always blame the manager

"It's down to the manager and TC to make sure the players are up for this game and ready to play well. Of course they can't compensate for poor performances once they cross the line onto the pitch but i'd hate to think the players would be unable to beat this team even with one or two players on an off game"

Some of the stuff on here is just so repetitive .We're an average team that, like other average teams, lack consistency. Add to that we f**ked up our squad in the summer and have little or no depth at key positions and you get another bottom six year with a relegation scrap.

I'm not sure what people expect once the season is underway? Anyone who watches us knew where the issues would lie and that's been the case. We maybe have a chance to change that in the window but I wouldn't hold out much hope and tbh I'm not sure the manager would be able to get the best out of f**king Barcelona so it might be pointless bringing in new faces.

All that being said, if we beat Hearts on Wednesday then we'll have taken 7 points from the last three games which I'm sure we'd all have been delighted with at 3pm last Saturday?

Fair post.

It's amazing that after signing Grainger, 3 keepers, Campbell, Harkins and re-signing Newton we're still desperate for players.

"It's down to the manager and TC to make sure the players are up for this game and ready to play well. Of course they can't compensate for poor performances once they cross the line onto the pitch

Above........conflicting statements

but i'd hate to think the players would be unable to beat this team even with one or two players on an off game"

​St.Mirren dont have a divine right to beat anyone

Fair post.

It's amazing that after signing Grainger, 3 keepers, Campbell, Harkins and re-signing Newton we're still desperate for players.

I agree mate but the names mentioned above didn't really fill any of the gaps that were obvious to us all in pre-season and still remain. We still require a big striker to give Thommo a break and a big f**king bruising centre back that will dominate the long punt up the park which invariably causes McAusland and McGregor so much trouble. We've been unlucky that we've lost Teale and McLean for large chunks of the season but that's football and the reason you need depth.

We don't have the personnel to play 4-5-1 IMO as we've got little natural width and a clutch of midfielders who rarely go beyond the ball into attacking areas. Wylde coming in and the return of Teale and McLean will certainly help that but the other gaps will still be there.

I agree mate but the names mentioned above didn't really fill any of the gaps that were obvious to us all in pre-season and still remain. We still require a big striker to give Thommo a break and a big f**king bruising centre back that will dominate the long punt up the park which invariably causes McAusland and McGregor so much trouble. We've been unlucky that we've lost Teale and McLean for large chunks of the season but that's football and the reason you need depth.

We don't have the personnel to play 4-5-1 IMO as we've got little natural width and a clutch of midfielders who rarely go beyond the ball into attacking areas. Wylde coming in and the return of Teale and McLean will certainly help that but the other gaps will still be there.

Should've signed iwelumo and Kenneth and we'd have covered the deficiencies mentioned in the above post

Should've signed iwelumo and Kenneth and we'd have covered the deficiencies mentioned in the above post

What's the facination with Kenneth? He's average at best and is more prone to a bombscare moment than Mair & McAusland combined.

It's a telling sign that he's still without a club. If he was as half as good as some of the posters on here think he is, he'd be under contract with a team by now.

Agree a centre half and defensive midfield are areas we should be looking at, Another striker would be good. But there is no point in making panic buys or bringing in guys that would not start on big money. So for me that counts out Kenneth and Iwelumo. Where would you rather spend the money? Loaning Campbell or signing Iwelumo.

Hopefully more players coming.

What's the facination with Kenneth? He's average at best and is more prone to a bombscare moment than Mair & McAusland combined.

It's a telling sign that he's still without a club. If he was as half as good as some of the posters on here think he is, he'd be under contract with a team by now.

I don't think there's any fascination. My memory of Kenneth was that has was a big, aggressive centre back who attacked any ball that came near him. He played some good years in the Utd defence and I think he was released by Bristol Rovers primarily as he'd been beset by injury during his time there. He's a free agent and is training with Utd again to prove his fitness but if he can recapture his previous form then he would be an asset to our team IMO.

Just about every centre half at this level is prone to the odd howler. I would rather those came about by trying to win the ball than sitting off it and letting other teams centre forwards (even the smaller ones) take the advantage.

It was obvious Mair wasn't going to get a game so someone like Kenneth would be good for competition in the squad and if he gets his chance and plays well, then he stays in.

Agree a centre half and defensive midfield are areas we should be looking at,  Another striker would be good.  But there is no point in making panic buys or bringing in guys that would not start on big money.  So for me that counts out Kenneth and Iwelumo.  Where would you rather spend the money?  Loaning Campbell or signing Iwelumo.  

Hopefully more players coming.

I like the look of Campbell as a player but I'm not sure where he fits in with how we are set up to play. We tried going two up front v Killie and Celtic and were overrun in the middle both games so it looks although we'll be sticking to 4-5-1 this season. If that's the case then I'm not sure where we would play him as, judging by yesterday's performance, it's not wide right.

Bearing all that in mind I would probably have taken big Iwelumo over him as he'd allow us to continue to play our settled formation and style of play when he was spelling Thommo.

Another point. Why are our advertising boards so shit? :lol: Think 2 or 3 players ended up getting slammed through them yesterday. Someone is going to end up getting hurt.

The radio/TV commentator is able to say things like,

"Centre half has his leg broken hitting Abbey Autos Advertising"

And "Player impaled on Iron Bru hoarding."

You can charge more if are guaranteed mentions on the media.

We should maybe put spikes on them like on the Ben Hur chariots.