Vs The Fakes - 25/3/14

options in the squad? hardly any of them (and all have had a chance) hae kicked ball since chrismas

Goodness me indeed I did not expect anyone to fail to see that part of my point. Little Daniel has PLENTY of options so he has no excuses.

The decision to stick with the same formation that has failed us all season was not out of necessity but daft Daniels choice.

He could easily have started with a 442 playing, say Adam Campbell up front with Thommo. He has options wide with players like Teale ,Wylde or even MGinn playing on the left and right respectively. He has options in the middle with Goodwin, Djemba-Djemba, Newton, McLean, McGinn and McGowan all able to play various roles in that area.

He can move Naismith In and go three at the back should he wish.

It cannot be claimed by any sensible person that little Daniel does not have options, he is choosing not to try the alternatives.

Against my better judgement I went into Paisley and to the match. No atmosphere at all from the tiny crowd and apart from the first ten minutes, no effort from the team. Magennis is, even by Lennon signing standards, dreadful but he was in good company this evening. st Johnstone was much the better team and could have won by quite a few in the second half if they hadn't tried to walk the ball into the net. Really shocked by how poor we have become, nothing up front at all and the heart of a mouse.

Lennon should be dismissed immediately after this latest fiasco, but I fear he won't be. I said at the start of the season that we would go down, not realising how bad Hearts would be, but we are now certs for the play offs. That will be the next match I consider attending, really sick of it now.

Against my better judgement I went into Paisley and to the match. No atmosphere at all from the tiny crowd and apart from the first ten minutes, no effort from the team. Magennis is, even by Lennon signing standards, dreadful but he was in good company this evening. st Johnstone was much the better team and could have won by quite a few in the second half if they hadn't tried to walk the ball into the net. Really shocked by how poor we have become, nothing up front at all and the heart of a mouse.

Lennon should be dismissed immediately after this latest fiasco, but I fear he won't be. I said at the start of the season that we would go down, not realising how bad Hearts would be, but we are now certs for the play offs. That will be the next match I consider attending, really sick of it now.

Could you show us this prediction?

Goodness me indeed I did not expect anyone to fail to see that part of my point. Little Daniel has PLENTY of options so he has no excuses.

The decision to stick with the same formation that has failed us all season was not out of necessity but daft Daniels choice.

He could easily have started with a 442 playing, say Adam Campbell up front with Thommo. He has options wide with players like Teale ,Wylde or even MGinn playing on the left and right respectively. He has options in the middle with Goodwin, Djemba-Djemba, Newton, McLean, McGinn and McGowan all able to play various roles in that area.

He can move Naismith In and go three at the back should he wish.

It cannot be claimed by any sensible person that little Daniel does not have options, he is choosing not to try the alternatives.

odd that he doesn't play Campbell even though he chased him for a year than said he was the one we've been waiting for

Another panacea of ammunition tonight. A very flat performance. Much better required.

Plus points:

Wylde's crossing.

Shape to team with both Wylde and Teale on the wings.

Naismith's performance.

Dilo deputising well for Kello.

Poor aspects:

Lots as discussed.

Things to change for Saturday:

I'd go 4-4-1-1 with same back 4, Teale and Wylde on the wings, Goodwin and McGinn in the middle with McGowan or Campbell supporting Thommo.

McLean flattered at times but just not quite all there when dig is required. McGinn lost defensively on the left but improved second half.

McGowan needs a more forward role, but if head not quite right give Campbell a go.

Have Eric in reserve for Goodwin's ubiquitous yellow card.

Quiet work with Sean to get his head up and tell him everyone has bad days at the office, but second half was better.

If Thommo knackered give him a break and play Josh up front instead so the big man is fresh for final 5 games.

Food for thought:

Still only 3 points from 8th place.

Edited by Bart Simpson

I'm absolutely disgusted at that tonight.

There was absolute no fight or any passion. We started ok but it wasn't as if we were creating chances.

The back four were absolutely dire, with only McGregor and Naismith anywhere near a pass mark. However, they still need to take responsibility for the amount of times the back four got caught trying to play the offside trap. The amount of times St Johnstone got behind us with our back four standing still watching was unbelievable. McAusland continuously lost out in the air and continuously put us in trouble with poor distribution or playing about with the ball in the danger area. I don't think Kelly had a clue where he was meant to be playing tonight, I thought he was a left back but every time I looked up he was in the center with the St Johnstone winger on the right by himself.

The goal we lost was absolutely shocking, straight forward corner to deal with and everyone just standing watching the ball. Talking about corners, we had quite a few tonight and done absolutely nothing with it.

McGinn was poor tonight, but was being played out of position. Tried to beat players in dangerous areas far too many times. The booking he got stopped him from being effective in terms of defending. Newton was his average self in the first half before getting hooked at HT. McLean I felt was the best player on the park, tried to get the ball forward, got stuck in (which I have criticised him for not doing in the past, so fair play). The only problem was that he was playing far too deep. McGowan tried but too many players around him, looked like he was playing up front, then behind Thompson then on the right. Wylde has pace, unfortunately that appears to be the only thing he has. Rubbish first touch and the number of times he had the opportunity to get the ball in and it went straight to the first St Johnstone player. Was glad Teale came on but unfortunately didn't get the chance to do much.

Up front we offered nothing. Thompson tried but he was heavily marked and couldn't do much. All he had was long balls up to him all night. Magennis looked as if he is still suffering a cup hangover! As the game progressed tonight all I kept thinking was he was a poor Billy Mehmet. He couldn't hold the ball up, couldn't win a ball in the air, generally contributed absolutely nothing. Maybe he was still celebrating the cup he didn't win...

Another issue for me tonight was throw ins. Seriously, how long did it take each throw in to be taken? Absolutely no support or anyone running and looking for the ball, which sums up the attitude of the players just now.

There was absolutely no passion tonight, the players looked as if they chucked it a long time ago. I've spent the majority of the season saying Lennon should have went after we got beat 2-1 by Partick after being 1-0 up at home earlier on in the season. Don't get me wrong, the majority of the players need an absolute bollocking, the problem is Lennon doesn't appear to the manager to do it. If we stick with Lennon, we're in trouble. We need someone to come in for the run in, a no nonsense manager that will read the riot act. But if the board were going to act, they would have done it a long time ago. But it's squeaky bum time for them, as their asking price won't be worth the paper it’s written on if we go down, especially as we'll be looking at a good spell down there with Rangers and Hearts there next season, also the possibility of a debt free Dunfermline.

Just sickened. I could accept getting beat tonight, but not in that manner. It makes it even worse when St Johnstone rested their best player and still easily took all three points.

Another panacea of ammunition tonight. A very flat performance. Much better required.

Plus points:

Wylde's crossing.

Naismith's performance.

Poor aspects:

Lots as discussed.

I'd go 4-4-1-1 with same back 4, Teale and Wylde on the wings, Goodwin and McGinn in the middle with McGowan or Campbell supporting Thommo.

McLean flattered at times but just not quite all there when dig is required. McGinn lost defensively on the left but improved second half.

McGowan needs a more forward role, but head not quite right give Campbell a go.

Quite work with Sean to get his head up and tell him everyone has bad days at the office, but second half was better.

If Thommo knackered give him a break and play Josh up front instead so the big man is fresh for final 5 games.

Food for thought:

Reported, there's plenty of room on the bandwagon....................................you should be ashamed.

Plus points:

Wylde's crossing.

Naismith's performance.

Poor aspects:

Lots as discussed.

McGowan needs a more forward role, but head not quite right give Campbell a go.

Quite work with Sean to get his head up and tell him everyone has bad days at the office, but second half was better.

Food for thought:

Did i miss something or have i just been whooshed ???

Indeed.

While the manager has a part to play.....................really, there is no point, the "easy" target it getting all the blame.

Time to sit back and enjoy the rest of the season, can't beat a 2 leg play off. thumbup2.gif

So we not bother with the rest of the games then.

I pay my £20 and whatever the wee man is depending on what stand.

I expect at least some effort and some skill as they are professionals that what they get paid for.

Tonight was a shambles and the fakes were toying with us at times.

Apart from the opening 10 mins they had us sussed and the space their right hand side had was shocking.

That's 2 games in a row McGennis has played and he has been shocking in both.

Very little effort and i would send him back the now honestly.

We had one player really trying and he takes him off.

We are really struggling now and there's little confidence.

The squad is a shambles but we have known that all season.

More than Danny Lennon is to blame here

So we not bother with the rest of the games then.

I pay my £20 and whatever the wee man is depending on what stand.

I expect at least some effort and some skill as they are professionals that what they get paid for.

Tonight was a shambles and the fakes were toying with us at times.

Apart from the opening 10 mins they had us sussed and the space their right hand side had was shocking.

That's 2 games in a row McGennis has played and he has been shocking in both.

Very little effort and i would send him back the now honestly.

We had one player really trying and he takes him off.

We are really struggling now and there's little confidence.

The squad is a shambles but we have known that all season.

More than Danny Lennon is to blame here

FFS, it was................................no point. bye1.gif

I'm absolutely disgusted at that tonight.

There was absolute no fight or any passion. We started ok but it wasn't as if we were creating chances.

The back four were absolutely dire, with only McGregor and Naismith anywhere near a pass mark. However, they still need to take responsibility for the amount of times the back four got caught trying to play the offside trap. The amount of times St Johnstone got behind us with our back four standing still watching was unbelievable. McAusland continuously lost out in the air and continuously put us in trouble with poor distribution or playing about with the ball in the danger area. I don't think Kelly had a clue where he was meant to be playing tonight, I thought he was a left back but every time I looked up he was in the center with the St Johnstone winger on the right by himself.

The goal we lost was absolutely shocking, straight forward corner to deal with and everyone just standing watching the ball. Talking about corners, we had quite a few tonight and done absolutely nothing with it.

McGinn was poor tonight, but was being played out of position. Tried to beat players in dangerous areas far too many times. The booking he got stopped him from being effective in terms of defending. Newton was his average self in the first half before getting hooked at HT. McLean I felt was the best player on the park, tried to get the ball forward, got stuck in (which I have criticised him for not doing in the past, so fair play). The only problem was that he was playing far too deep. McGowan tried but too many players around him, looked like he was playing up front, then behind Thompson then on the right. Wylde has pace, unfortunately that appears to be the only thing he has. Rubbish first touch and the number of times he had the opportunity to get the ball in and it went straight to the first St Johnstone player. Was glad Teale came on but unfortunately didn't get the chance to do much.

Up front we offered nothing. Thompson tried but he was heavily marked and couldn't do much. All he had was long balls up to him all night. Magennis looked as if he is still suffering a cup hangover! As the game progressed tonight all I kept thinking was he was a poor Billy Mehmet. He couldn't hold the ball up, couldn't win a ball in the air, generally contributed absolutely nothing. Maybe he was still celebrating the cup he didn't win...

Another issue for me tonight was throw ins. Seriously, how long did it take each throw in to be taken? Absolutely no support or anyone running and looking for the ball, which sums up the attitude of the players just now.

There was absolutely no passion tonight, the players looked as if they chucked it a long time ago. I've spent the majority of the season saying Lennon should have went after we got beat 2-1 by Partick after being 1-0 up at home earlier on in the season. Don't get me wrong, the majority of the players need an absolute bollocking, the problem is Lennon doesn't appear to the manager to do it. If we stick with Lennon, we're in trouble. We need someone to come in for the run in, a no nonsense manager that will read the riot act. But if the board were going to act, they would have done it a long time ago. But it's squeaky bum time for them, as their asking price won't be worth the paper it’s written on if we go down, especially as we'll be looking at a good spell down there with Rangers and Hearts there next season, also the possibility of a debt free Dunfermline.

Just sickened. I could accept getting beat tonight, but not in that manner. It makes it even worse when St Johnstone rested their best player and still easily took all three points.

McLean is a great player when we play well. I thought he was missing in parts tonight, albeit he wasn't alone in that. I thought Wylde had 3 or 4 good crosses and was the impetus for our brief purple patch in second half.

All about opinions though. I just thought we really missed Goodwin in the centre. I wish we could play football all the time and showcase central midfield of McLean and McGinn but St.Johnstone walked through us far too easily.

The only positive that I can think of from tonight is that we only lost by 1 goal. If it does come down to goal difference that could help us.

The negatives are that if we play like that again we will struggle to take another point all season never mind any wins.

Pass marks to Naismith (only just), MacLean who was the only one who wanted the ball and to try and make things happen.

Magennis was in my view absolutely pathetic, won next to nothing in the air and unable to read any of Thommo's flick ons.

Can see us going to Firhill either last game or second last game needing a Falkirk style performance but after that tonight you cannnot see them pulling anything like that out.

McLean is a great player when we play well. I thought he was missing in parts tonight, albeit he wasn't alone in that. I thought Wylde had 3 or 4 good crosses and was the impetus for our brief purple patch in second half.

All about opinions though. I just thought we really missed Goodwin in the centre. I wish we could play football all the time and showcase central midfield of McLean and McGinn but St.Johnstone walked through us far too easily.

I totally get what your saying, we needed a bit of grit in the midfield and with McGinn on a booking when he moved into the middle he wasn't able to give us that. I reckon Goodwin would have been on had it not been for Kello being taken off.

Well if anyone was in any doubt about how much trouble we are in this season, tonight surely dispelled it.

In what must have been one of our most important league games of the season,I can't think of a single decent chance.

To describe that as awful or abysmal would be far too kind.

Wtf does that mean

What it means is my "lets enjoy" was meant to be sarcastic.

The "heat of the moment" shite that's posted on here really has to be seen to be believed so If I choose not to pish my pants, not to blame one man, not to make out that my world has ended then that's my prerogative.

I have stated my concern as far back as early this year, I have said tonight things aren't good but I can't help being embarrassed by the shite and pure mindless mince that's posted on here by quite a few, not all.

There are plenty decent posts that describe the clubs situation, I have no need to repeat this time after time, although these posts are few and far between.

I apologise for not becoming one of the sheep..........................there's no room in the pen already.