Real Xs Radio

HSS

This Station finished up in Scotland yesterday.I'll miss it......good tunes and not a lot of chat.The wavelength has been taken over by XFM and what I've heard so far I don't like.

So looking for a new Station to fill in my 2-6pm slot.What do you listen to?

Edited by HSS

Now whilst I dislike the BBC generally I must say I have taken to BBC radio 2 of an afternoon.

In the morning we have that speccy ginger bloke called Chris Evans and all things considered he is far less annoying than anyone else whilst I attempt to digest my breakfast. But did you ask about breakfast radio?...no.

Chris Evans is followed by a bloke called Ken Bruce who host's a cracking dailly quiz called popmaster, it really is good. Lunchtime and early afternoon radio 2 has a bloke called Jeremy Vine and he normally host's a debate about something or other and I rather enjoy it. Following Jermemy Vine and pushing toward the 6pm section of your preferred time slot a programme called "drive time" comes on and again it is not at all annoying. I forget the name of the chap who host's this show that I listen to most days but often I have fallen asleep on the couch following my lunch so I forgive myself. Usually some sort of confession is read out on air where some stupid twat of a listener confesses to some stupid twat like thing and it is normally rather funny, rather funny indeed.

Edited by TediousTom

Guest TPAFKATS

This Station finished up in Scotland yesterday.I'll miss it......good tunes and not a lot of chat.The wavelength has been taken over by XFM and what I've heard so far I don't like.

Missing it too HSS, although I think (hope) XFM will grow on me as the music is a bit more diverse.

Ive found though that I can still listen to about 70% of real xs music output by having an 8GB SD card in the car audio system thumbup2.gif

back to the ipod

smooth radio isn't too bad sometimes

Now whilst I dislike the BBC generally I must say I have taken to BBC radio 2 of an afternoon.

In the morning we have that speccy ginger bloke called Chris Evans and all things considered he is far less annoying than anyone else whilst I attempt to digest my breakfast. But did you ask about breakfast radio?...no.

Chris Evans is followed by a bloke called Ken Bruce who host's a cracking dailly quiz called popmaster, it really is good. Lunchtime and early afternoon radio 2 has a bloke called Jeremy Vine and he normally host's a debate about something or other and I rather enjoy it. Following Jermemy Vine and pushing toward the 6pm section of your preferred time slot a programme called "drive time" comes on and again it is not at all annoying. I forget the name of the chap who host's this show that I listen to most days but often I have fallen asleep on the couch following my lunch so I forgive myself. Usually some sort of confession is read out on air where some stupid twat of a listener confesses to some stupid twat like thing and it is normally rather funny, rather funny indeed.

I listen to quite a bit of Radio 2, Tedious, and I wondered why you didn't mention Steve Wright in the Afternoon. Silly me, a bit slow on the uptake. I recall now that you have mentioned Mrs.TT in the past so I imagine that at your age you and the lady wife are up for a 'wee lie down' in the afternoon, if you get my drift. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me.

A Scottish led consortium, Team Rock were formed last year and bought up a couple of Rock orientated radio stations and NME radio, as well as Metal Hammer and Classic Rock magazines. From what I've been told, they've been after Real XS/Rock Radio for a while, so you may find Team Rock Radio filling in the void fairly soon...

• 4 weeks later...

XFM became my radio station of choice when i "became to old for the Radio One Demographic!"

The region of xfm I listen to is XFM Manchester which has a good breakfast show conbo and the legendary Clint Boon on the 4 - 7 slot.

If you have to ask - who is Clint Boon then XFM is probably not the station for yo - but if like me you love all te Madchester stuff( stone roses mondays new order james etc) conbined with classic indie and some great new acts - then i suggest you give it a go.

Guest TPAFKATS

Enjoying xfm - a lot of new music and the old indie / madchester stuff mixed in with some metal.

Team Rock sounds intriguing though - new car soon and it has a DAB so I'll be checking that out!

• 1 year later...

The chap who does Drive Time is , Simon Mayo , one of the finest DJ's around . . as for the other guy you didn't mention , you are quite right not to mention him because he has because a tiresome , arrogant , olde baisturt. .