St Mirrens New Strip

I would suggest its up to someone to prove it is our strip rather than some blurred effort that could be any team.

Until its official my view is this isn't, prove me wrong.

Did you miss Div's post confirming it is the new strip ! I would say he's more likely to be correct , given his contacts !

The deal with JD Sports is a corporate deal that suits both parties.

The Consortium no longer have any outlay or risk and the club receive a guaranteed payout regardless of whether 1 or 1000 strips are sold. There might be additonal payouts if sales exceed targets, but since we know that JD Sports effectively do one manufacturing run based on a set number of different sizes, then I'd assume that figures are pretty much fixed.

St Mirren shirts are used by JD Sports to maximise their brand and I believe that is why we are seeing the Yellow away kit used so frequently this season. It is probably in the terms of the contract that the strips must be worn a set number of times regardless of whether there is a kit clash or not.

The away kit will again be yellow which suits JD Sports and their logos.

The only way to bring about change is a boycott of the replica shirts which is unlikely to happen.

Some would argue that could affect the finance into the club, but since the deal is fixed it may not matter at all.

We have already seen the impact of JD Sports advertising brands on the shirts, the stadium and recently the Dome.

What next for St Mirren? Perhaps JD Sports will buy the club and rename everything to suit their brand - The JD Sports Stadium whose team is called the JD Saints.

Maybe a boycott is what is needed, and will show those who make the decisions that we simply want accept any old shite that is shoved out and we are expected to dig deep to buy for ourselves, kids etc. Also who is responsible for signing off on the shirt designs, as they have went from being really smart (season 12-13) to the current home kit, which is ok (although the 'Paisley patter' in the black sessions does look a bit naff) the Away kit, which again is ok but again, the Paisley Pattern isnt that good, and the 3rd Kit which is would Suit someone in the Offshore industry a lot better.

For the home kit, Has JD/Diadora been given a brief that so long as the home kit has black and white stripes it will be fine, and do what you want for a 2nd & 3rd kit? I hope not.

As for JD buying the club & stadium, unlikely but dont think the club name would be changed (as is the case with Hull City) but if they or any other party buy the club and decide to rename the stadium, it is their right as owners to do so but hope to never see the day it is named 'The JD Sports "King of Trainers" Stadium

I'm kinda confused over the yellow being in the strip being because of JD Sports. Isn't JD's branding black and white with a bit of gold?

I thought the yellow came from our badge. In any case personally I don't mind the yellow away strips- better than the pastel blue efforts we've had. I also thought the yellow ones were popular with our support and sold out?

The sponsor looks horrible on that strip, however the strip might not look too bad when we have a decent photo of it.

It's a blurry picture, but I like it. Looks a bit retro, a bit different. Need to see a better photo of it, but I'm all for it - and I am normally a black and white stripes, white shorts kinda guy.

One of our best ever strips was a departure from the stripes - the 80s cup winning strip. Sometimes a wee change is needed. We'll go back to the traditional stripes soon enough.

The strip itself may not be too bad. It is the sponsor which is hideous. I'm sure there is a league rule about the height and size of the sponsors logo on strips. Fingers crossed that shield thing is breaking the rule. Pozbaird may be able to shed some light since he was involved in designing past strips.

When I designed the 2012/13 kits, I worked on them not knowing who the sponsor would be. I asked, no, let's be honest, I demanded that they avoid making them look like a patch slapped on. On the third and change kits, they obliged, and worked on making the home kit logo a tight, neat black rectangle to hold the Diadora wording.

If Div says that picture IS our new kit, and if that kit has those stripes, that sponsor logo, white sleeves and a return to an all-white back, then I better bite my tongue and simply not comment. Would only look like sour grapes, even though it would be far, far removed from sour grapes.

It would simply be that I genuinely find it a pile of utter shite.

At what point do the stripes become an unacceptable size? Is it like anything bigger than the Carbrini/Fila shirt is out and anything smaller than the ones on the old uhlsport/mitsubishi is well out of order?

Re: black and white stripes, anything under 25mm wide shouldn't be entertained - IMHO naturally. Go thicker for a change, even go to the Adidas style 'two thick stripes' for a change. Certainly, anything that causes interference on your TV and makes the return of a white patch on the back more likely should be booted into touch. Did I say IMHO? Yes!

Re: black and white stripes, anything under 25mm wide shouldn't be entertained - IMHO naturally. Go thicker for a change, even go to the Adidas style 'two thick stripes' for a change. Certainly, anything that causes interference on your TV and makes the return of a white patch on the back more likely should be booted into touch. Did I say IMHO? Yes!

Don't know if it is white back, but I wouldn't think any combination of black and white stripe thickness would matter with red numbers.

Don't know if it is white back, but I wouldn't think any combination of black and white stripe thickness would matter with red numbers.

Last time I looked, it was the SPL rules that stated names and numbers on shirts must be 'clearly visible'. A wooly description, but if that's our new strip, if those ultra-thin stripes were on the back, I'm not convinced the names and numbers, even in red, would be clearly visible.

I'm still pinning my hopes on it all being a mix-up, and that photo is a new training top, not the actual kit.