Death Threats For Dummett

Kemp

One of our cup final heros won't be taking his holidays in Punta del Este this year then;

Paul Dummett has received death threats and menacing messages from Uruguay fans who blame the Newcastle United defender for the knee injury which has placed Luis Suárez’s World Cup hopes in jeopardy.

Suárez is still hoping to play some part in the tournament after undergoing minor knee surgery on Thursday but there remains a possibility that the Liverpool striker will be forced to sit out Brazil 2014.

It is thought that a heavy tackle from Dummett during Liverpool’s final Premier League game of the season – a home win against Newcastle – caused the damage. The Wales left-back was sent off for the challenge, although that red card was rescinded on appeal.

One message read: “Hi Paul Dummett. I hope some day you come here [uruguay] to have a nice time with friends. We have things for you, like a bullet in the head.”

Another tweeted: “Hey, Paul Dummett. If Suárez doesn’t play against England, you’ll never play again.”

All in all it was quite a day for Dummett, who also received a call-up to Chris Coleman’s Wales squad to face Louis van Gaal’s Holland in a friendly in Amsterdam on 4 June.

Wouldn't get too worried, all blah blah blah.

I'm sure 99.9% of Uruguay supporters won't know who Dummett is, never mind try to find him and do anything "bad".

I hope you're right mate, but Uruguay is one of those South American countries where football is taken very,very seriously, and when I say seriously I mean life or death.

I reckon that there would be nobody in Uruguay who doesn't know who Paul Dummett is right now.

They are a country of roughly five million who are mostly poverty stricken, where their two world cup wins is the greatest achievement of their national history.

If I was Paul I would be watching my back.

Was Dummet's red card rescinded after viewing Montevideo evidence?

Well done, I think you win the award for most clever post of the day!

I must admit if tweeting and bookfacing existed when a young lad by the name of Christopher Kerr sustained his injury I may have found myelf typing something similiar (but not to Paul Dummett obviously).

Well done, I think you win the award for most clever post of the day!

I must admit if tweeting and bookfacing existed when a young lad by the name of Christopher Kerr sustained his injury I may have found myelf typing something similiar (but not to Paul Dummett obviously).

Rossk Tokely's tackle was a lot worse and Chris Kerr's injury a lot more serious. Still don't see myself sending him death threats, same as other saints fans Tokely will always be a complete d**k but sending death threats is something else completely.

Rossk Tokely's tackle was a lot worse and Chris Kerr's injury a lot more serious. Still don't see myself sending him death threats, same as other saints fans Tokely will always be a complete d**k but sending death threats is something else completely.

Too right bazil, and I'm the same, but it's a whole new ballgame in South America, I just watched an interview on sky sports news where the Uruguayan correspondent was asked about Dummett, and he said yes of course, all of Uruguay knows about paul Dummett.. and lets face it.. it only takes one! And as I said previously, I hope that I'm wrong,

Too right bazil, and I'm the same, but it's a whole new ballgame in South America, I just watched an interview on sky sports news where the Uruguayan correspondent was asked about Dummett, and he said yes of course, all of Uruguay knows about paul Dummett.. and lets face it.. it only takes one! And as I said previously, I hope that I'm wrong,

Absolutely crazy isn't it! No way to know it was actually that tackle as well.

Whoever posted those death threats joins a depressingly long list of halfwits who don't realise that there's really no such thing as anonymity online.

If there's the will to do it they can be easily traced.

I'm betting the culprit is either a kid, a man with no job and I'm also betting he has social issues in general.

Whoever posted those death threats joins a depressingly long list of halfwits who don't realise that there's really no such thing as anonymity online.

If there's the will to do it they can be easily traced.

I'm betting the culprit is either a kid, a man with no job and I'm also betting he has social issues in general.

was it you blink.png

I hope you're right mate, but Uruguay is one of those South American countries where football is taken very,very seriously, and when I say seriously I mean life or death.

I reckon that there would be nobody in Uruguay who doesn't know who Paul Dummett is right now.

They are a country of roughly five million who are mostly poverty stricken, where their two world cup wins is the greatest achievement of their national history.

If I was Paul I would be watching my back.

Quien ? huh.png