Motherwell V St Mirren Spfl Premiership 9/8/13

shull

just shoot and make a good attempt at it being on target ffs saints, thats all we were really lacking today,shoot on sight

According to the stats we had 20 attempts on target today and 11 off target compared to Motherwell having 9 on target and 4 off target.

Based on these stats, the problem doesn't appear that we didn't shoot on sight.

The problem just appears to have been bad luck.

We'll see how the season pans out.

Just in from the game so a bit pissed, that Motherwell team was very weakened from last season and if it stayed on the same lines will struggle to make 8th not 2nd. Someone said this was a harder game than Aberdeen away, not in a million miles it wasn't, if and it is a possibility we loose on Wednesday then we are in trouble, again very late substitutions why ?

According to the stats we had 20 attempts on target today and 11 off target compared to Motherwell having 9 on target and 4 off target.

Based on these stats, the problem doesn't appear that we didn't shoot on sight.

The problem just appears to have been bad luck.

We'll see how the season pans out.

Being at the game gives a better understanding (not a criticism as there will be plenty games I don't make). Despite the stats there were innumerable other missed opportunities where confidence in front of goal and taking responsibility would have brought a better chance of a goal.

Ironically arguably our best chance with Wylde bringing out a great diving save low to the keeper's left, would have been a tap in if he'd passed inside...

Sore one to take but honestly a great performance. The possession stat caught my eye though. We had far more effective possession and created by far the more clear cut chances. If that commitment and performance continues it will be a very rewarding season.

Being at the game gives a better understanding (not a criticism as there will be plenty games I don't make). Despite the stats there were innumerable other missed opportunities where confidence in front of goal and taking responsibility would have brought a better chance of a goal.

Ironically arguably our best chance with Wylde bringing out a great diving save low to the keeper's left, would have been a tap in if he'd passed inside...

Sore one to take but honestly a great performance. The possession stat caught my eye though. We had far more effective possession and created by far the more clear cut chances. If that commitment and performance continues it will be a very rewarding season.

Yes, I wasn't at the game and sometimes you get a different perspective at the game itself - I also don't trusts the BBC stats.

In saying that, sometimes you walk away from games not remembering really all the attempts at goal.

If the stats are correct then I agree with your very last sentence.

Yes, I wasn't at the game and sometimes you get a different perspective at the game itself - I also don't trusts the BBC stats.

In saying that, sometimes you walk away from games not remembering really all the attempts at goal.

If the stats are correct then I agree with your very last sentence.

Finishing. That's all that was missing from a very accomplished performance.

Hopefully confidence doesn't suffer and a convincing win this week is the springboard for a successful season.

Watching the highlights as well. Our passing and movement is excellent, none of that standing about waiting for something to happen which happened too much last season. Marwood looks pretty sharp. When Thommo's back, we should be a very decent side.

Why do I get the feeling, although quick and able to get into good positions, Wylde is going to frustrate me this season? Delivery is poor. Needs to work on that.

Be interesting to see the goal on tv as Plummer got an earful from a couple of players after it. Hard to see from the other end of the ground what happened in the build up.

Powerful shot but I thought Kello could have pushed it wider, away from the danger area.

Edited by davidg

Just watched the highlights...Goodwin got a bit of a raw deal. He gets the ball actually for his first booking. Though it looked bad, and was a tad rash.

As for the second one...its not an elbow. Sutton has tried to buy a free kick off the ref, failed, but got Goodwin sent off via the linesman. You see that type of contact in every game, every time there is a long ball played.

Edited by NeilPar72

Watching the game on alba. Not posted before but bar the result this looks promising.

Agree with Plummer looking like a player, mcginn and tess and Marwood looking like they'll play a big part in our season aswell. All in all pretty hopeful and happy.

As for Goodwin. Who knows, seemed a harsh to me.

Thankfully qualified my earlier comments with an 'if' with regards dissent. Cannot see what the 2nd booking was for from BBC Alba camera angle. Surely have to appeal? Our own fault we couldn't score but the ghostbusters of officials didn't help...

It was for the challenge on Sutton.

The ref blew for the foul by McGinn but the linesman gave the instruction to award the foul and a booking against Goodwin. The free kick was moved forward to the area of this nothing challenge.