The Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014

shull

Seems quite a few people are raking it in as a result of the games.

Taxi driver last night on the TV said it was that good his family had 3 course meals every night and his wife got a new TV.

Also the sales of haggis are booming.............................thumbup2.gif

Haggis is good.

Watching mixed doubles in badminton, English cheats, the shuttle hits the girls racquet before her partner hits it, the other team, Malaysia, walk off thinking game to them, the dafty umpires says he didn't see it, surely the English girls should have owned up?

Justice, the Malaysians win the game anyway.

Boo!

Was at hampden last night.

What a run by Lyn Sharp

I THINK SHE HEARD ME BAWLING AT THE TV AS SHE TURNED THE TOP CORNER. I KNEW SHE COULD DO IT.

Scot Torin Jax(?) so unlucky not to medal in the pole vault.

JAX THOIR.

HIS FAITHER PLAYED FITBA, THO I DUNNO WHO FOR.

HE HAS A SPORTS SCHOLARSHIP IN SEATTLE. TOOK UP POLE-VAULTING AFTER HE GREW TOO TALL FOR HIS FIRST SPORT -GYMNASTICS.

You should take that up Smokie

Guest TPAFKATS

NZ win 35 - 34 with a goal in the last second.

What a game! clap.gif

Very exiting match, though for some reason both teams seemed to be missing as much as scoring.

The merchandising arrangements are really poor. We've been in Glasgow twice now, and there are people trying everywhere for soft toy 'Clyde' mascots. Apparently they ran out only a few days into the games, then got more in, but only in certain shops. We visited the big Superstore in George Square on Tuesday. After waiting to get in, I fancied a 'Team Scotland' T Shirt. There were only a few kids sizes and medium adult sizes left. The place was a mess. A few odds and sods sizes of T Shirts scattered around the shelves, all mixed up, no staff restocking the shelves or attempting to tidy up the ones they did have on display.

Went to the fan zone at Glasgow Green today. Tried for an XL Team Scotland T Shirt at the first merchandise caravan - none in stock. Came across a second van, got one there... got home and it's a small size shirt - in an XL marked bag. Now Mrs Poz has been tasked with exchanging it for an XL or getting my twenty quid back from a merchandising outlet at Hampden tomorrow.

Bring back Provans!

I tend to buy all my non-Saints related sports clothing from Dooleys of Moss st . All my stuff fits great , in particular all my lycra clothing, they will even let you try it on in the store and Ian will usually do you some sort of discount if you are buying a few items. .

Bring back Harry Keiller's. .

I tend to buy all my non-Saints related sports clothing from Dooleys of Moss st . All my stuff fits great , in particular all my lycra clothing, they will even let you try it on in the store and Ian will usually do you some sort of discount if you are buying a few items. .

Lycra clothing? Pervert. I blame Lance Armstong.

Guest TPAFKATS

I hope they make you wear some sort of disposable gusset, similar to the policy of shoe stores if you don't have socks on rip.gif

Off to the boxing tonight with Gav.

Too wet for drinking Merchant City Music festival so it will be pints of Peroni in the city centre this afternoon.

Should be a good one.

Only moan is the sessions arranged. Could easily have rolled all the finals into one event. Split into afternoon and evening sessions. Obviously for £££££